fb

I’m Back?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

Hey, does anyone remember me…?  I’m not even sure if the people I used to know on here are still active anymore. 😂

However, tagging them anyway: @emma-starr @evelyn @eden-anderson @libby @the-fledgling-artist

For those I haven’t met yet, hi.  *waves*  I haven’t been on here for like 2 years? 3? But I wanted to get into the writing habit again and reconnect with the Story Embers community.

Some random facts about myself: I enjoy playing the piano, and am trying to teach myself guitar. My favorite animal is currently the humpback whale.  I’m either an INFJ or an INTJ, I can see myself in both descriptions.  I dabble in sketching/painting, and I like doing crafts and diy projects.

I write mostly poetry right now, but I really want to start writing short stories again.  I’ve been trying to get over “writer’s block,” but the evil brothers Procrastination and Perfectionism have been holding me back.

But this is a new start! I hope.  I’m going to try posting more stories on here, and maybe start a blog.  Because I figure that if people are waiting every week with baited breath for my next post, I will be more motivated to write.  Jk. 😝

I look forward to meeting new people on here!

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
    “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

calidris
    @calidris

@k-a-grey Hello!  It’s nice to meet you!  I’m calidris, and I’ve only been here since August.

I really like humpback whales too!  I just like whales in general, though 🙂  A little bit about myself: I like bird watching, art, and writing.  I’m currently working on a dystopian fantasy project, but I haven’t actually done any writing in it.  All of the writing that I’ve done recently has been for the Story Embers character castles.  Feel free to join if/when you feel like it!  They’re super fun, and we would be glad to have you!

I have a few questions for you:

1. What things do you like to sketch/paint?

2. What genres do you plan on writing your short stories in?

3. Do you like LotR and/or Haikyuu?

4. What are some of your favorite diy projects that you’ve done?

5. Do you have any favorite books/movies/shows?

You don’t have to answer all of these if you don’t want to 🙂  It’s great to have you back!

*laughs as one fey*

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@calidris Hey there! It’s nice to meet you too! I like whales in general too, but I think the humpback is my favorite.
    Dystopian, ooh! Sounds cool.  What’s the premise?

I’m currently working on a dystopian fantasy project, but I haven’t actually done any writing in it.

Also, I feel that. 😂

Okay, to try to answer your questions:

1. I like drawing faces the best.

2. I don’t really write in a specific genre right now, but I think I lean towards contemporary?

3. I assume Haikyuu is anime? Never watched it, sorry. Also, haven’t read LOTR yet, but I’m planning on do it this year. I have read The Chronicles of Narnia, tho.

4. Recently, I discovered something called pour painting which I found to be super fun. Here’s the first one I did.

5. I really enjoy reading classics. Some of my favorites are Little Women and To Kill a Mockingbird.

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@calidris Also, what are character castles? I think that’s something new since I left.

What kind of art do you do? The raven in your profile pic looks really cool. I’m assuming you drew it?

calidris
    @calidris

Thank you!  I did draw it 🙂 I actually don’t draw a lot of birds, even though I love them so much.  I mainly do character art.  Here’s a fairly recent sketch I did of my oc Misu.  He’s the character I currently have enrolled in the character castle 🙂

Do you do character art, or portraits?

*laughs as one fey*

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@calidris I like working in more of a realistic style, but I enjoy doing both.  I used to do stuff on the Character Art Exchange thread, so let me know if you ever want a character drawn!😁

Also, Misu looks like an interesting character.

calidris
    @calidris

@k-a-grey  I’ll have to check it out!  And thank you for the offer!  Misu is probably one of my favorite characters.  He’s definitely interesting, and he’s a lot of fun to write 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest