fb

I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@write-owl

Oh! No need to worry about that… We’re friendly with each other.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

I just noticed that I completely did not address what you replied… sorry about that. I didn’t like chemistry very much I’m afraid. However, I loved math (calculus esp.). Your nutrition class sounds SO cool I wish I took one. Learning to be health is always a good thing, right? Currently I’m just internet searching info on health and nutrition and food and diet – which may or may not be reliable sources.

Anyway, your genre sounds epic. I love superheroes in general. And we NEED more YA lit that actually can be considered excellent and not just mediocre or just plain disappointing. Not sure if you’ve said this already, but what percentage are you done on it as of now?

BTW, do guilds get to critique each other’s works? Because if yes, then I’d totally be interested in knowing more about yours

@write-owl

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Tania
    @write-owl

@pursuewisdom

It’s all good 🙂 Haha, I don’t like math. Well, that’s not entirely true. Some days I don’t mind it, but I would usually rather be doing something else. Yeah, you do have to be careful with your sources when looking for nutrition information. If you ever want to know anything in particular, I would be more than happy to try and help!

Thank you! I agree. I’ve read some terrible YA recently. Currently am, actually. But at this point, I’m just trying to finish my time with my Goodreads goal 😛

I basically just started it, and I have no intention of moving forward until I know what I’m going to do with it. Hopefully it won’t be waiting for too long!

I don’t know! I think so? That would make sense. And I would love to tell you the very few interesting things about my WIP 🙂

High-key stereotypical ENFP-T

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@write-owl

Well, maybe we can start out by asking if you know of any good books/sites I should refer to for nutrition info? 🙂

What YA are you reading right now? Somtimes writers can learn even from bad novels 😛 – like what not to do. (If you don’t mind, I just recently made a Goodreads account, maybe we can share reviews/recommends? It’s okay if you don’t want to though.) The last one I read was a while ago – The Hunger Games trilogy – and I liked it tons more than the Divergent series.

I’d def. love to hear more about your WIP – whether or not we end up into the same guild. 🙂

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Tania
    @write-owl

@pursuewisdom

Well, for starters, two websites that I have found particularly helpful have been ChooseMyPlate.gov and this one: https://fnic.nal.usda.gov/fnic/dri-calculator/index.php. They both take things like your age, height, and physical activity level, and give you a nutrition plan, with how many calories is recommended for you each day and information like that. I prefer the latter website, since it gives you information about how much of each major nutrient, vitamin, and mineral you need. The other website is a bit more general. I hope this is of some use to you!

I just finished the first book in the Selection series by Kiera Cass. It was kind of silly and I didn’t find myself caring about any of the characters or the situations they found themselves in. I honestly can’t believe there are like 5 books in the series XD Oh yeah, that sounds great! I go by Tania on there as well and my profile pic of the Tree of Gondor 🙂 I only read the first book in the Hunger Games, but from what I can remember, I liked it. I only read the first six chapters of Divergent and was never interested enough to keep reading *whispers ‘oops’*

I will tell you all that I know about my WIP haha. It centers around four characters, three of whom (Lexy, Umi, and Brenna) are teenage students at a superhero-type school. The other character is Claire, the headmaster of the school. I currently have zero plot, no antagonist, and barely even a setting. But if you want to know more about my characters, I’ve got plenty of content on them! I also have some posts about them on my blog 🙂

I don’t think I asked about your WIP! Can I ask what it’s about?

Catwing
    @catwing

@write-owl *fly in through the window* Welcome! Nice to meet you. I’m on Kingdom Pen, but I don’t think our paths ever crossed there (or you had a different name). Anyway I’m Catwing the catwing, basically a cat with wings. 🙂
    I like owls too. 😀 *throws feathers*

Warning: if you have a friend in Erekdale, don’t say anything remotely bad about it, or they will come down on you like a dragon on Erebor. Or a dragon on Erekdale?

…nah, I don’t think we really do that.
    Wait just a second! What are you implying? Don’t you start sending attack dragons against Erekdale! We have our own dragonborn that scares Smaug that you very much. Not to mention me or the person from the future or the golden retriever or the dragon trainers who could probably just peacefully train the dragon to be our friend!
    Also I can totally hear you guys whispering. Erekdale is the best anyway.

(seriously though I have friends in other guilds (maybe even all of them 😀 ). We’re pretty friendly, like wordsmith said. 🙂 )

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Tania
    @write-owl

@catwing

*manages to compose myself after seeing a cat fly through my window* Hi! Nice to meet you too! Your name sounds familiar, but I don’t think we’ve met before. Thanks for saying hi!

I should really stop mentioning guilds or I’ll get kicked out XD On a slightly different note, do you get to fly around with the Erekdale dragon? That must be fun, to just take to the air whenever you want. Totally not jealous…

Catwing
    @catwing

@write-owl
    Don’t worry that’s never happened I don’t think. 😛
    Well I don’t think we have a “the Erekdale dragon”. We do have dragons, but our mascot is the thunderphoenix from our guild page. He’s awesome. Though I can fly whenever I want cause I have my own wings, it is still fun to ride on other larger creatures…
    Aren’t you an owl? So couldn’t you fly?

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@write-owl

Thank you for those resources! I will check them out. 🙂

My profile on Goodreads is a bit sparse 😛 I’ll try to look you up.

Ahh I see – well, I like your characters’ names 🙂 My current WIP is a sci-fi about a group of scientists seeking to identify and prove that clones possess souls and should obtain equal treatment as human beings. It was greatly inspired by a dream I had and the Blade Runer 2049 film. I don’t have much on it right now, and am hoping a guild would help me develop this story. But it looks like it’ll be a bit before I can get into a guild…

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest