fb

I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@write-owl

Hey there! Many times I don’t feel like it… but I guess I might be considered a veteran here (am I @scribbles)… anyway.

Welcome to Story Embers! I am Wordsmith… and I promise I am a person (most of the time). It’s pretty cool that you like superhero stuff. Somehow everything I write manages to carry some form of superhero tint, but hey! It’s cool. I like to call it SuperHero-Opera.

What person do you enjoy writing in, and furthermore, which tense? I’m pretty flexible as far as preference. If you read my blog (thebookshelfstaircase.wordpress.com) you’ll find a verity. That being said I have one novella in which I wrote third person past tense… and my WIP is the same. So on larger projects I’m probably more comfortable sticking with that.

Also… I hope you’re sent to Rillumen! Here’s our homepage if you didn’t get a chance to look at it:Β https://storyembers.org/rillumen/

Oh! One other think… I am an ENTJ. My extroverted side is really high, so you are not alone. I think you will find quite a few extroverted writers here, even if we are in the minority. So don’t lose hope. Besides… many of the introverts are super nice.

If you have any questions I can either answer them or point you to a higher authority. @daeus-lamb is the forum manager so you can always ask him any of your questions.

So with that I again welcome you to SE… May God bless your time here! πŸ™‚

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Tania
    @write-owl

@wordsmith

Why hello! Thank you for such a warm welcome! Haha, SuperHero-Opera – I like the name πŸ™‚

I prefer writing in third-person. It feels less strict to me, somehow. And I just checked my WIP, cause I wasn’t sure, but it turns out I am writing it in the past tense. That appears to be my default tense as well, although I would like to try present tense someday soon. Maybe I’ll test it out on a short story or something…

Honestly, I hope I’m sent to Rillumen too! I was looking at all the guild’s homepages and Erekdale and Rillumen rose to the top as my preferences (although – don’t tell those from Erekdale – I think I prefer Rillumen).

Yes, glad to know I’m not alone here as an extrovert! *does small happy dance* I actually tend to prefer spending time with introverts anyways, as they don’t object to me taking whatever spotlight there might be πŸ˜›

Thank so you much!

High-key stereotypical ENFP-T

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@write-owl @the-fledgling-artist

It seems I have a reputation πŸ˜›

Oh, and Tania…I’m in Erekdale and its awesome *whispers*

….better than Rillumen.

Ceud mile failte

Tania
    @write-owl

@seekjustice Heh, you’re welcome πŸ˜‰

Dang it, how do I get out of this one. Oh, I believe you! The awesome part, I mean πŸ˜› I don’t know which guild I’ll be in, but whichever one it is, I’m know I will be devoted to it… even if it isn’t Rillumen or Erekdale haha.

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@write-owl

Most definitely πŸ˜› but Erekdale is very cool and I’ve really enjoyed working with everyone there.

Though I guess I can’t really say that Erekdale isΒ better than all the other guilds, since I’ve never been part of the other guilds.

Ceud mile failte

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@write-owl

Yeah… I think in someways it is less strict, if you’re writing in omniscient narrator. But I’ve also found it fun messing around with all of it, because once I get comfortable with the idea, it’s not super hard.

Oooohh! Thank you! That’s so sweet. (won’t tell Erakdale)Β 

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@seekjustice *squishes you in hug* Don’t worry, it’s a very good reputation. πŸ˜€

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@write-owl

Hai there!!

πŸ™‚ Another young writer! I’m only a few years out of HS and I’ve never finished any work I’ve started either. πŸ˜› Don’t feel bad, that’s why we’re here.Β  What genre is your WIP in?

What’s your favorite class in HS right now?

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Tania
    @write-owl

@seekjustice

True, true. ‘Better’ is relative in this case.

Tania
    @write-owl

@wordsmith

Hmm, yeah, that makes sense. I’ll have to play around with that a little more πŸ™‚

You’re welcome! (haha oops I think it’s a little late for that. my bad :P)

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@write-owl

Hahahahahahahaha

*stares blankly* I didn’t say anything.

Tania
    @write-owl

@pursuewisdom

Phew, I feel a little better now. Thanks!

My WIP is currently a YA superhero story. It evolved from an adult political thriller, so who knows where it’ll go next if I decide to change it again, haha.

Hmm, my favorite class… Surprisingly enough, I’m really enjoying chemistry. I know a lot of people don’t like it, and even though I don’t really like my teacher, I find that I am learning a lot and I like it πŸ™‚ I’m also taking nutrition at a local community college and I can almost feel my brain growing with all the knowledge being put into it haha. Government is interesting too; it almost makes me what to change my intended major to politics.Β Almost.

I know a lot of writers who decide not to go to college to focus on writing, but are you doing that? If not, what are you studying?

Tania
    @write-owl

@wordsmith

It wasn’t you, it was me πŸ˜› Warning: if you have a friend in Erekdale, don’t say anything remotely bad about it, or they will come down on you like a dragon on Erebor. Or a dragon on Erekdale?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@write-owl

HAHAHAHA! I’m friends with the guild-master #rivalsatwar

Tania
    @write-owl

@wordsmith

Oh my, what a conflict! I shouldn’t be put in either of those guilds at this point. I’ll only succeed at causing war between them πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest