fb

I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Tania
    @write-owl

@i-david Haha, oops. I get a little carried away sometimes, forgetting I, as a extrovert, am a rarity in the writing community. But I accept the responsibility ๐Ÿ˜€

High-key stereotypical ENFP-T

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@write-owl Haha feel free to ask any questions you want, but just be warned, I have never actually finished any writing projects (let alone my only superhero one) so I am probably not the most knowledgeable person you could be getting advice from. ๐Ÿ˜€

I can be a little impatient with art too. I’m trying to learn to enjoy the process more then the product. Some days it comes easy, but others? Not so much haha.

Thank you for your well wishes. It feels like such a huge mountain, I often doubt if I really have the endurance to climb it, but I really love what I have so far. I just have to keep pushing on I guess.

I wish you well on your writing project too! I think I saw that you said you were planning on joining a guild, yes? I’m sure that will help you a TON with your project. Guilds are great!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Tania
    @write-owl

@the-fledgling-writer I haven’t officially finished any writing projects either, unless you count a few one-shot free-verse poems here and there ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

The fact that you love what you’ve created so far is a very important part of continuing on. That’s what I’ve discovered at least ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you! And yes, I’ve applied to join a guild and am anxiously awaiting my news about my induction ๐Ÿ™‚ I will take you at your word for it! I am very excited about this new experience.

Hedges
    @h-jones

Welcome!! ๐Ÿ˜€ So glad to have you atย ye olden Story Embers!

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Tania
    @write-owl

@h-jones Why thank you! I’m glad to be here ๐Ÿ™‚

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@write-owl I think you will really enjoy it. ^-^ The guild masters are really helpful, and everyone else is really friendly too. (It’s a little easier to get to know people once you are in a guild, imo. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
    By the way, it’s really cool that you know Seekjustice! Do you live in Australia too?

Tania
    @write-owl

@the-fledgling-artist I don’t know how I keep messing up your tag, but I do and I’m sorry! I really should check things like that, heh.

Haha no, I live in California! I can’t quite remember how I found her, although it was probably on Kate Flournoy’s blog. We hit it off really well and she let me beta read for her, which I will be forever grateful for, as her story was fantastic.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@write-owl Hahahahaha, I didn’t even notice your mistake until you said anything. And now I am laughing at myself for missing it. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

That’s cool! I haven’t read her story, but I am somewhatย familiar with her work just from interacting with her on forums.

Tania
    @write-owl

@the-fledgling-artist Phew, okay, good *wipes brow*

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@write-owl

Hello there! Nice to meet you. You and your works sound awesome.

I don’t have much else to say because every time I spot someone new (even newer than me, and I’m very much new to this forum), someone else thinks of something to say before I do. X) Or I try to find someone to say hai to that @i-david hasn’t yet, but he always beats me. XP *squint-glare* Oh well again.

ENFP, that’s very interesting, btw. I’m, uh, INTJ-T. So, very different… nearly as different as possible… but I hope we’ll get along anyway and trust we will.

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Tania
    @write-owl

@hgm_barnes18

Hello! Nice to meet you too. Oh, thank you so much!

I can think of something to say: I think we share an affinity for a certain band *squints at your ‘name’* And I am always ready to talk about them and their music ๐Ÿ˜€

Well, we’re both Turbulent, so that’s something in common, haha. And my two best friends are an INTJ and an INTP, so I think we have a good chance at getting along ๐Ÿ˜‰

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@write-owl

OH? IS THAT SO? ||-// >:D What’s your favorite albums? Songs? Thoughts on Trench? HELP, IT’S ANOTHER CLIQUE MEMBER! *mad grinning* I never freak out, but with TOP, ofc I do.

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Tania
    @write-owl

@hgm_barnes18

YES, IT IS SO! ||-// ๐Ÿ˜€ I love all the albums, but I think Vessel is my favorite… Favorite song of all time is Addict With A Pen, although Trees is a strong runner-up. And I love Trench! It’s actually what catapulted me from being just a casual fan into the full blown obsession it is now XD They’ve been about all I’ve listened to for the last few weeks! Although I haven’t listened to all of Regional At Best yet, or No Phun Intended, so … not quite a knowledgable fan yet haha.

What about you? Album, song, Trench, etc.? And have you ever seen them in concert? I haven’t; I’ve been trying to get my parents to let me go when they stop in my area in less than two weeks, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to go *holds back tears* *doesn’t quite succeed*

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@write-owl

Wow, we seem to be very similar in favorites… Vessel is absolutely my favorite album, and Trees is my favorite song.

I adore Trench. <3

I havenโ€™t seen them in concert, sadly, and probably wonโ€™t for a while (aka till Iโ€™m an adult, if theyโ€™re still even a band then).

You should definitely listen to NPI and RaB! Theyโ€™re both fantastic. You can find them for free on SoundCloud. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tania
    @write-owl

@hgm_barnes18

That is so cool that we have the same favorites!

Yeah, that will probably end up being my case as well. I’m a fairly close to adulthood, but I don’t have a real job yet, so once that happens, my opportunities for seeing them will hopefully go up.

Soundcloud, got it. I found the songs on YouTube, actually, but Soundcloud sounds easier. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest