fb

I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I'll try not to be so awkward this time…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Tania
    @write-owl

This is the third time I’m having to do this, so I’ll keep it short and not add all the cool little quirks I originally wanted to 😛

Greetings and salutations, everyone! I’m Tania, senior in high school, musician (kind of), athlete (not as impressive as it sounds), and ENFP (yup, one of those and exactly what it sounds). I’m excited to be here! I first started writing when I was around 9 or 10, but have never finished a book – and that is exactly why I am here. I got really attached to a quartet of characters that I created last year, but have yet to give them a good home. Then I thought of y’all and said to myself, ‘Even though your participation in Kingdom Pen [yeah, I was there too and blush when I think of some of the things I said/wrote] was less-than-impressive, these people will still accept you and help you. What could possibly go wrong?’ (Don’t tell me, I’d rather find out myself 😛 ) And I know @seekjustice, so that’s kinda cool. Hello, my friend!

I think that’s all the important stuff! I can’t wait to get to know more of you and learn how to get better at writing, which will lead to giving my characters the home they deserve. Well, maybe they don’t deserve it … but that’s a whole other story 😛

High-key stereotypical ENFP-T

Tania
    @write-owl

Wow, I didn’t realize how many 😛 I used. So much for trying not to be awkward.

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@write-owl

Helllooooo!!! I wasn’t expecting you to turn up here! But I’m very glad you’re here now. 🙂

And don’t worry, I’m pretty sure all writers are exceedingly awkward.

😛 😛 😛 😛

Ceud mile failte

Tania
    @write-owl

@seekjustice

Thank you for the welcome! I wasn’t expecting to be here either, but it just kinda … happened … over the last couple days. We’ll see how it goes haha 😀

Ah, then I’ll fit right in 👍

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@write-owl

Awesome! Are you thinking of applying to join a guild?

Ceud mile failte

Tania
    @write-owl

@seekjustice

Already did! Hopefully I’ll get in when November starts, since I understood that they add people at the beginning of every month?

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@write-owl Cool! I’ve really enjoyed being part of my guild so far.

Ceud mile failte

Tania
    @write-owl

@seekjustice That’s encouraging, haha! I’m looking forward to getting more involved here 🙂

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Hello @write-owl ! Welcome to Story Embers! ! What is your current WIP about?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Tania
    @write-owl

@the-fledgling-artist

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! My WIP has changed genre a couple times, but the current idea is a contemporary YA superhero novel, but anything aside from that (plot, villain, etc.), I haven’t figured out. Which is why I’m here 🙂

What is your current WIP about? And ohhh, you’re an artist? Do you draw? Paint?

I, David
    @i-david

My WIP has changed genre a couple times, but the current idea is a contemporary YA superhero novel, but anything aside from that (plot, villain, etc.), I haven’t figured out.

*Shrugs* I’m hooked.

Heyo, person. I am also probably a person! Glad you joined us! Which I say having just joined like a week ago… LaM.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@write-owl I have a superhero project too! (currently on the shelf though.) does plot tend to come a little more naturally to you then characters? I’m the opposite haha. Plots are difficult for me.

Yes, I draw and paint 😀 Paint is more foreign to me though. Do you like to draw?

My current WIP is a fantasy comic. ^-^ I’m still in the early stages of making it. Some of the basic plot elements and themes, along with designs for the three main characters are about as far as I’ve gotten so far. How long have you been working on your WIP?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Tania
    @write-owl

*Shrugs* I’m hooked.

Great! Now I have motivation 😀

Heyo, probably a person! I’m not sure where you got the implication that I was a person, but I suppose I must make the state of my existence more clear next time.

Thank you! And your welcome is valid, considering the fact that you have been here a week longer than me XD But now we can be kind of new together!

I, David
    @i-david

And your welcome is valid, considering the fact that you have been here a week longer than me XD But now we can be kind of new together!

Great! You can take the lead though, seeing as I’m an INFP-T, haha.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Tania
    @write-owl

@the-fledgling-artist Cool! I might mooch like some ideas/tips from you in the future, if that’s okay. And no, plot does not come easily to me, especially for this type of story haha. I don’t want to use the superhero tropes that everyone knows, which kind of makes it difficult. Characters are more of a breeze for me and more enjoyable to work out.

I do occasionally get the urge to sketch a little something, but I am not good at all and I’m also impatient 😛 I used to paint a lot when I was younger, but nothing noteworthy.

Woah, a comic. Like, you’re writing and drawing it? That’s really impressive. And not just any comic either! A fantasy one! Impressed and intrigued! I wish you good luck!

In its current mode, I’ve been working on my WIP for about 5 months, but the story it essentially evolved from was a failed attempt at a political thriller during NaNo last year. So it’s been about a year since I came up with the three original characters, who have stayed more or less the same 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Tania.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest