fb

I Need Map Makers…Desperately!

Forums Art Art Discussions I Need Map Makers…Desperately!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

To all the artists out there who enjoy making maps. (bonus points if you’re good. 😀)

I need somebody to draw map(s) for a fantasy novel I’m writing. I’m thinking it would be one large map, black-and-white is fine, unless you want to do color. I already have somewhat of an outline, but I’m really bad at it and would love to find somebody who could do it for me.

I struggle with world-building and I’m thinking that if I could have a visible map, even if it isn’t completely accurate or perfect, it would help me a lot in the process.

So, if this sounds like something you would be interested in doing. Please let me know.

@seekjustice
    , @andrew, @sara-inkdragon, @ariella-newheart, @anybody-who-likes-to-draw-maps

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@edna-anderson, okay, I can make a map, but… (but seriously, I need to learn how to post pictures on this forum. Xd. I should probably have learned how to do that by now. People are probably looking at me and saying something like “Yeah, you should have,” but oh well) I’ll have to learn how to do that soon. *evil grin*

Perhaps when I ‘learn’ how to do that, then maybe I can show you a picture of a map.

As for world building ideas… what type of story is this? Is it fantasy? I’m assuming so, but tell me if I’m wrong.

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@andrew

Can I tell you a secret???? *lowers voice to a whisper* I don’t know how to post pictures on here either. And yes I should figure it out too. *returns evil grin*

Yes, this is a fantastical world…ummm, how can I describe it? I’ve been more focused on the characters and the plot recently, and so I am still trying to figure out how my fictional world actually works. I’m gonna say that it resembles Europe in the Dark Ages, with some Ancient Rome mixed in, and a dash of creepy, pagan culture…I don’t know, that was kinda off the top of my head. The geography is mostly rugged, lots of mountains, and forests…some deserts too. And of course lots of water. 😀

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@andrew !!!

I just figured out how to post a picture!!! YAY!

So when you go to write a comment, there is a tool bar at the top of the box thingy. (whatever you call it where you comment. 😀) If you hover over the last object on the tool bar it will say Insert/edit image. You click on it and that’s where you post your picture or whatever.

Did that make any sense? I’m really bad at trying to explain such things. 🙄 But hopefully that helped. 😀

Here’s a picture of my un-finished map that I need completed. It’s not very good, but it’ll give you an idea of what I’m looking for. I want some of the country shapes to be changed and I need to find more names for places.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@eden-anderson, yes, I now know how to post a picture. *laughs internally* XD

Okay… wait, I don’t have a camera anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefor I can’t take a picture of my maps or anything. Oh well. That literally just occurred to me after just figuring out how to post a picture. *sends a throaty laugh echoing through the room*

Well, at least you tried to figure out how to post the pictures. I just never seemed to worry about it, so I never tried – okay, that may sound lame, but to be honest, I hadn’t really cared too much to try to figure  out that specific thing… but now since you told me – *laughs again, then leans in and whispers, “But thank you for telling me anyway. Now I know how to do that.”

Okay… *straightens* Now back to the ‘Map Project.’

For world building, your map for the story sounds like an interesting, historical-mix for the fantasy setting. 🙂 Since its fantasy, do you have any kind of different animal… or have you not yet come up with one yet? Also plants and minerals are fun to play around with too.

For the map, there’s all kinds of things you could fill it with too: cities, houses, castles, camps, markets, palaces, towers, jungles, temples, volcanoes, mountains, huge rocks, forests, deserts, plains, swamps, caves, rainforests, etc. Or you could just totally make something else up; like some magical portal or something.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@andrew

Thanks for the advice!!! I changed my mind about getting someone to draw a map for me…I’m going to try my hand at it and see if I can make it better.

And if I perish in the attempt…well, at least I died trying. 😀😀😀

And no I haven’t come up with any crazy animals yet…but as I said my world is still stuggling into existence. 😀

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@eden-anderson, okay. 🙂

May you do well with your map!!!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hey @eden-anderson  speaking of maps… a friend of mine used a really cool website to create an AMAZING map of a world we’re working on together with a bunch of other people. I’m not sure if you want to check it out or not, but the map my friend made with it was EPIC!

Here’s the link: http://www.inkarnate.com

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@andrew

Thanks so much for your time (sorry, if I wasted it) and the advice.

@evelyn

Thank you so much!!! That website looks totally awesome!!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson No problem!

And I might have said this before, but I like your signature quote! 🙂

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@eden-anderson, ok, that’s okay. 🙂 You didn’t waist any of my time.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@eden-anderson, did I ever tell you I liked your picture? That porcupine looks adorable. XD

Oh, and is that wheat the porcupine is clutching in its hands? 🙂 I think so, but…

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

I would say “thank you”, but technically that isn’t correct, since I’m not the one who said that. 😀 😀   I like yours too. You sound like such an awesome person. I had to smile when I read the rain-dancer line. Do you like the rain, too? And do you collect clocks? That’s so cool!

And tell me, are these mysterious places, Ildathore and Parimi Alca, open to curious visitors by any chance??

@andrew

Thanks! Yes, I ADORE hedghogs! 🦔❤️  I could rave on an on about them. 😀

On a side note, did you draw the dragons in your picture? BECAUSE THEY ARE INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Well, in that case I compliment you instead for appreciating the quote! 😉

Yes, I love rain! Apparently I’m a pluviophile (of which I did not know existed until a couple days ago…) And I do collect clocks! Though right now I only have two. You know the store Hobby Lobby (the store I could live in…) it has the BEST clocks! Both of my clocks are from there. 🙂

Ah! And let me tell you of these marvelous, and (at the moment for you) mysterious places I dwell…

Parimi Alca is actually guild here – the BEST guild if I may say so! 😉

And Ildathore is the world that I am helping create over at The Flabbit Room. (www.theflabbitroom.weebly.com) In fact, the friend I mentioned is from there too and the map he made with that website is for Ildathore.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Evelyn.
    Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson ’cause I forgot to tag you…. 🙂

Are you in a guild yet, by the way? If not you should come join Parimi Alca! It’s amazing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.