I Made a Writing Rank Quiz!

Forums Fiction Writing Level & Journey Plans Discussions I Made a Writing Rank Quiz!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Elena May
    @elena-may

I got journeyman writer which might be overestimating my skills a bit, haha. I liked the antagonist and narrator questions; they listed some cool options for writing that I might try to experiment with. Antagonist shows possible future for the protagonist? Antagonist as hero of their own story? Sounds cool to write!

Katja R
    @katja-r

@taylorclogston

I got Master Writer. I think I can still improve in a lot of areas, but I don’t think I’m a bad writer. Thanks for making this quiz!!

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Mel
      @melodyjoy

@taylorclogston

I got Master Writer. Kinda funny considering I have not really written that much.

I really enjoyed how you could multi-select. That was a big plus for me!

I also liked a lot of the questions. Most of the questions didn’t directly apply to me but they gave me ideas on how I could write later on. They are all things I can work on and think about more in my writing.

Thank you so much! This quiz was so helpful.

One question. Where did you get the information to formulate the questions? Or did you get those from your brain 😀 if so you are VERY smart :).

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Melody

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Taylor Clogston
        @taylorclogston

@elena-may @katja-r Thanks for taking the test, I’m glad y’all found it interesting!

@melodyjoy
        Well you gotta write then, and get that mastery on paper =P As for the information, they just come from my personal writing theory that came from reading a ton of books, writing a lot, and talking with other writers. They came “from my brain” as a result of years spent learning as much as I could. A good amount of it came from learning from and talking to people like Josiah and Daeus! Thanks for commenting and for taking the test :-}

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Katja R
        @katja-r

@taylorclogston

Can you tell me the different levels of writing you put in the quiz?

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Taylor Clogston
          @taylorclogston

@katja-r I didn’t have a terribly scientific method to it. The levels are just based off the levels of a person in a trade. An apprentice is someone still learning the fundamentals. A journeyman is someone who works underneath a master, but who is skilled in their trade and can be trusted to important work. A master isn’t someone who has nothing left to learn, but is someone skilled enough to make their own decisions at all levels of the trade.

In ye olde days, you’d create a “masterpiece” and submit it to your guild as a kind of final exam. In the modern day (at least in the US), a person in a trade needs to be a master before they can be self-employed in that trade.

In this test, if you give mostly answers which I thought showed relative unfamiliarity with core concepts, you’ll get an Apprentice score. Otherwise it’s based more on the density of “good” answers to “higher value” questions, mostly relating to character and theme.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Mel
          @melodyjoy

@taylorclogston

Yes! thank you! I have just started writing a new story so hopefully I can post that soon.

I really enjoyed the quiz! Thank you for making it.

-Melody

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Katja R
            @katja-r

@taylorclogston

Makes sense! Thanks for explaining that.

-Katja

DeepRun
              @deeprun

@taylorclogston

Journeyman writer.  Better than I expected.  I had to take it again knowing I could choose more than one option!

Also appreciated the ways to gird my loins on the road to publication! Will be locating those books.

You do not have a soul. You have a body.
              You are a soul. - C.S. Lewis

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest