I Made a Writing Rank Quiz!

Forums Fiction Writing Level & Journey Plans Discussions I Made a Writing Rank Quiz!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

I made a writing rank quiz based on the Story Embers quiz, but using questions more focused on writing philosophy than on a quality ranking. It should be easier to take for yourself, as you just need to select each answer with which you agree instead of trying to decide whether you’re amazing or just great at creating compelling villains.

Not that the Story Embers quiz is bad. I promise it’s more carefully thought out than mine is!

You can find the test below. Please don’t take the test more than once, as only 25 people can take the test each month unless I deliver certain quantities of legal tender to the test site.

quiz-maker(.)com(/)Q2RD3DE

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@taylorclogston

Hi. I was thinking about doing this, but the link doesn’t seem to work.

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer I added parentheses to make sure the spam filter wouldn’t delete the post. Remove the () from around the dot and the slash and it should work. At least, it still does for me.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@taylorclogston

Okay, thanks so much!!

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Anonymous

I got Master Writer, which is hilarious to me. Neat quiz

Taylor Clogston
      @taylorclogston

@phoenix Well congrats =P I’m glad it was neat.

Beth
      @beth20

I ranked Apprentice Writer lol! A lot of the questions were kinda hard though bc not all the answers applied to me!

But yeah, I’m not a very good writer I guess, there are definitely things I need to improve.

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
        ― Truman Capote
        Profile art by Arindown

luciusbraun
        @theswordinthebook

@taylorclogston I got Master Writer… Well, I seemed to have grossly underestimated myself. XD

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@taylorclogston

Great quiz Taylor! I didn’t realize I could select multiple answers until half way through. 😆 I got Journeyman Writer and I will most definitely check out the books suggested.

Chalice
          @chalice

@taylorclogston, That was fun! I got the Journeyman Writer. 🙂

I didn’t realize I could select multiple answers until half way through.

Same! But I really appreciate that that was an option. 🙂

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
          “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Taylor Clogston
          @taylorclogston

@theswordinthebook Ayy congrats. I think you’re legally allowed to wear hats with feathers in them now.

@beth20 Thanks for taking the test! What sort of things are you looking to improve in your writing? I might be able to recommend a good book.

@evelyn and @chalice If you didn’t go back through the test and select more answers, I strongly suggest you ignore the original post and take the test again. Different combinations of answers to a single question actually score completely differently, because in my humble opinion certain choices can imply hugely different levels of mastery in various contexts.

Whether I did a good job executing that theory in the test is anyone’s guess, but it might be interesting to take the test again and see if you get a different result with a more complete set of answers! Also, I’m glad it was fun! I really enjoyed making it.

Candide
          @candide

I took the test too. Got the same (Journeyman Writer). The questions made me think more about my writting itself than my routines as a writter. Kind of more usefull to me.

I’ve read Fancine Prose’s book.  Some questions remembered me her book.

😉

PenSword
          @pensword

I got Apprentice Writer, which I find kinda funny because I got one of the higher scores possible from the SE quiz. Realistically I’m probably somewhere in between.

Beth
          @beth20

@taylorclogston

Hey!

Yeah, um you know I could prob improve on almost everything lol! 🙂

If I had to choose just one thing I’d pick…maybe structuring and editing! (which is technically two things lol)

What are some of the best books on just writing in general that you’d recommend?

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
            ― Truman Capote
            Profile art by Arindown

Taylor Clogston
            @taylorclogston

@josiah I made a reply with a couple external links, and the spam filter ate it! Can you please restore it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest