fb

I Joined

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ara
    @itisastarrynight

Well, hello there! After stalking the website for bit I decided to join. I draw quite a lot and I’m interested in writing my own graphic novel (well). I’m an INFJ, I own five cats and..I like watercolor?
    I’m also a KP migrater  and I’m really looking forward to any upcoming art topics on the website. For now, I’ll look into refining my WIP with the great writing advice here.

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

Welcome to the Emberlings den @itisastarrynight 🙂 It seems like a lot of new people are refugees from KP. That’s kind of sad. Yet exciting at the same time because that means Story Embers is getting bigger!

The biggest thing in here is the guilds. I really enjoy being apart of Rillumen, we won the Guild Battle last week. 🙂 You can learn more about the guilds in general here https://storyembers.org/about-the-guilds/ there is also a link to sign up for the guilds there too. They add people to the guilds around the beginning of each month, and since June is coming up soon you might want to consider joining. 🙂 I hope to see you around here more. 😀

Red haired Disney Nerd. Proverbs 3:5-6 ENFP-T

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Vip, my tiny pet dragon, and I welcome you, @itisastarrynight!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@itisastarrynight, Welcome! I’m glad you decided to join us. As you probably know, we’re kind of crazy. (Maybe more than kind of.)

That’s a lot of cats.

How old are you?

Who are your favorite authors and books?

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hello and welcome @itisastarrynight! I’m glad you joined! (And I love the name Ara! It’s beautiful!)

I’m Evelyn. A writer, reader, blogger, tea-drinker, homeschooler, teenager, and many other things beside.

If you don’t mind me asking what is the premise of your WIP?

Tess
    @thetessinator

@itisastarrynight I’m interested in graphic novels too! 🙂 Are you going for a classic heroes kind of GN or something different?

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

Ara
    @itisastarrynight

@nuetrobolt @kayla-joy Thanks! I’ll consider looking into the guilds.

@parker
    I’m sixteen, and I love James Riley’s book series, Story Thieves.

@evelyn
    Nice to meet you! What do you blog about? My current project is still in the brainstorming stages so things are subject to change, but right now it should be a fantasy/sci-fi about a wanna-be astronaut who’s life gets interrupted and the bulk of the story takes place deep in the ocean. The major plot points are kinda up in the air due to some theme troubles, but perhaps I do need to “just do it”, and do more brainstorming.

Ara
    @itisastarrynight

@thetessinator I actually don’t know what the terms “classic hero” or GN mean. Could you explain please? It’s cool to see another comic person out there! I don’t read many comics as I often dislike the art style or it’s poorly written, but I think the concept is amazing! It’s interesting because writing for a comic is different than book writing.  Less physical.. writing. Do you draw, or do you just like to write for comics?

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@itisastarrynight, you’re welcome!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@itisastarrynight Hi! My assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (a book-eating dinosaur), remembers you from KP! 😃🦖

What are the names of your cats? 🐈

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Ara
    @itisastarrynight

@mariposa Bella, Stella, and Twila are the girls, Mouse and Harry are boys.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@itisastarrynight My blog started a couple years ago as a place to review books but I got tired of that and moved to posting my thoughts or poetry. Do you have a blog?

Tess
    @thetessinator

@itisastarrynight By “classic heroes” I mean superheroes. XD I just dislike using the term “superheroes” because some heroes don’t have a supernatural power. And GN is just an abbreviation for graphic novel. 🙂

I’m the same way! I haven’t read very many comics because all the comics these days are “let’s-take-this-character-and-put-him-in-an-alternate-dimension-so-we-can-squeeze-the-last-bit-of-money-out-of-him”. MAKE. NEW. CHARACTERS. (rant now over). I’m considering trying to start up some kind of comics club here on SE…would you be interested?

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@itisastarrynight Those are cute cat names.

Mouse? What an ironic name for a cat. 😜 Does he like to catch mice? 😄

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Hedges
    @h-jones

@itisastarrynight Welcome. 🙂 Nice to meet a fellow artist, and an F counterpart (I’m an INTJ 😉 ). What is your graphic novel about?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest