I HAVE A POETIC CHALLENGE!

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions I HAVE A POETIC CHALLENGE!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

I do indeed have a poetic(al) challenge for…anyone in particular…to do. So. ‘Ere it is:

I want to challenge anyone willing enough to write the thickest, richest, fullest of meaning, deepest in depth, best in theme, couplet. Whoever can win will get..!!!…. uh…. something… .A great couplet!

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@w-o-holmes  Hey, this is a great idea!  Here I try:

There is nothing more nightmarish on a dark night

Than to discover that you have — a failing light.

(By the way, do you have a time limit in mind?  Few days, couple weeks?  Or is this just an informal challenge.)

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
      “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@k-a-grey – Just an informal challenge considering that I don’t exactly have a prize and if I did, I wouldn’t have any way of giving it out. But if you would wish for a time limit, I would be all the more supportive in that motive. How’s this:

Within the limpid water, glows

A light that blossoms, ever grows.

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@k-a-grey – Wow, that one’s good! I read it and moved on, but I just read it again and visualized it in my head. That’s great!

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

The sea it sprouts merrily

And so do I, a cherry tree…

P.S. -You can do as many as you want;

@w-o-holmes Cool idea!!! I’m getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow so I’ll do it and reply to your other comments as soon as I can!!!

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@emma-starr Well then! I hope you get a milkshake!!!…!!…!…   .. . How much are the largest size milkshakes at Burger King?

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@emma-starr Tell me if you say anything embarrassing in front of your family!!!

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

Whats a couplet??

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Leon Fleming
      @w-o-holmes

@ashira A couplet: two lines of verse, usually in the same meter and joined by rhyme, that form a unit. These are great for small things, those with interest and inspiration for future things, yes?

K. A. Grey
      @k-a-grey

@ashira   Or in other words, two rhyming lines which express a complete thought. 🙂

@w-o-holmes
        Thanks!  I enjoyed yours too — there’s almost an antiquated quality to them that I like.   By the way, just curious, does your username happen to be influenced by Oliver Wendell Holmes?

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
        “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Leon Fleming
        @w-o-holmes

@k-a-grey, well not really. I’ve never thought of that. I wanted a three name pen-name so I could write it like N.D.Wilson and C.S.Lewis and J.R.R.Tolkien and such but I also wanted my real first name in there too. So I did that. O.W.Holmes. W.O.Holmes. Two and similar. Oh well…

Yes, that describes them pretty well. Also, the bronze treasures of a person’s mind.

Candide
        @candide

Big nails don’t scar me most

as frozen eyes that had me hosted.

First attempt done (kinda weird, I guess).

Leon Fleming
        @w-o-holmes

@candide Interesting, yes interesting. I like the point! Though I think it is relevant enough to say that everybody has their own style…yes? Yea, the point is truly discernable. How’s this:

Casting words about like candles

Shades the shadow for lighting handles. 

Hey! So maybe we can define what our couplets mean. Or let others figure them out and give their input on what they think it means. Now that would be cool. What do y’all think this means?

Ariel Ashira
        @ashira

@k-a-grey @w-o-holmes Ok, thanks.  That sounds cool.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest