fb

I Finally Got Around to This

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I Finally Got Around to This

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Trallion
    @trallion

Hai all you Emberites, I’m Trallion!

I’m actually not Trallion, but that’s the name I joined with, so that’s how ya can tag me.

Here’s a bit about me, for those of you who may be curious. Oh, wait. @kari-karast you asked to be tagged.

NOW, here’s the quick overview for those of you who don’t like to read.

I’m 17 years old, and just finishing up my Junior year of high school. I love to write, but am just starting to “get serious” about it. I also compose music, and play the piano and some cello. I’m second born in a family of 6. I love Jesus, and am trying to hone my writing in order to more effectively be able to bring Him glory.

There. Anyone who doesn’t care can move on now πŸ˜‰

For those of you who stuck around, here’s the detailed version.

I am 17 years old, and born second in a Christian family of 6. I’ve been homeschooled my whole life. One of my two favorite classes that I took this year (my Junior year) was a Creative Writing class, which is part of the reason I’m here. I’ve always thought of myself as a writer, but this school year was when I started to really spend time on my writing. I joined Story Embers just after the live chat, and I’m making this such an in-depth bio, because I’ll probably be sticking around for a while, so if you want to know who I am, this is the place for you!

I’ll go more in depth about a few things I enjoy (besides writing), which are composing, running, gaming, and of course reading.

Composing. My composing didn’t actually start till the beginning of this school year, when I decided to take a Music Theory and Composition class (my other favorite). It was a bit hard, but it sparked in me a love of composing music, not to mention the knowledge of how to do it! I’m far from good at composing (in my opinion at least), but after all, I’m still learning! I compose using an online music composition site called Noteflight. If anyone wants to find me there, my username is Gabriel Writes (this should tip you off as to what my real name is). πŸ˜‰

Running. Throughout highschool, I’ve run spring track at the local highschool (that’s allowed for homeschoolers here, yay!). It’s really hard, but we have an amazing coach who has us practice snow, rain, sun, or sleet. I specialize in both hurdle races and the long jump. I have a great hurdle and jumping coach, who has really helped me improve in the 110 and 300 meter hurdles. Although this isn’t running, I also enjoy some sports (mostly Volleyball though).

Gaming. Gaming seems to be the bane of writing, through my experience at least, just cuz it’s easier to game than to write. However, I do play some. The two games that I play at all consistently are World of Tanks Blitz (on pc) and Minecraft (mostly just servers). My IGN (In Game Name) on both of these is Trallion_6. This is kind of my universal gaming name, but as you can see I used it here to. It’s kind of the other me πŸ˜‰ For Minecraft, I usually just play Warlords on Hypixel, although my favorite server is probably Void Realms (play.voidrealms.net) just cuz it was the first one I played on.

Reading. I’ve been reading since I was very young. As a (not very accurate) example, I first read The Lord of the Rings in 2nd grade. I’ve read a lot of fantasy… in fact, most of what I enjoy is fantasy. I’m not going to try to list all my favorite authors/books here, because there’s no way I could remember them all. But yeah, I love reading.

There, hopefully that gives you an idea of… me πŸ˜€ There (obviously) is a lot more to me than just that, but I’ve gone on for a while already, so I’ll be done.

Oh, I also have a creative community place where writers and other creative people can hang out, talk about writing, and share their work. It’s on WordPress, and has its own email and discord, so if your interested you can let me know!

I usually check forums every day, so I’ll be around!

Trallion

Valor, Honor, Loyalty. Together we are stronger.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@trallion Hi!Β  Im 16, Im a homeschooled second oldest too. πŸ˜€ @selah-chelyah is my older sister.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@trallion Hello and welcome!

Also, may I please proceed to getting excited because there’s a new composer here?? I have been composing for…around six years now. Crazy. I’m still not exactly a fan of all of my compos, mainly because I have to do most of them for school and school ruins everything creative. *sigh* But Music Theory is also heaps of fun.

I’ll definitely check you out on Noteflight.

Anyways, great getting to meet you, and I can’t wait to see you around!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Trallion
    @trallion

@ashira Cool! I like being second born πŸ™‚

@j-a-penrose
    Hmmm I’d say better not πŸ˜‰ No, but, as I said, I only just started composing and I’m not very good… Yeah, I know what you mean about school and creative stuff. The only good thing about it, is it makes me actually do something, which I don’t always do by myself.

Nice to meet you too! I’m happy to see that I’m not the only composer here πŸ˜€

@everyone-who-read-that Oh, I forgot to mention there, I’m an INFP-(A).

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@trallion Heyy! Look who got around to saying hello. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I didn’t know you were a composer! That’s so epic!
    (I’m an INFP too! πŸ˜‰ But I’m a T not an A haha.)

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@trallion

Awesome!!

So does that mean you compose for cello or piano or both? How long have you been playing cello and piano? I’ve been playing piano off and on for about 6 years. And my younger brother’s been learning cello.

So… family of 6 kids? I’m the oldest of 6 kids. XD

What’reΒ some of your favorite books?Β because you’re not getting out of listing at least one and I want to know anyways

"You can dance with my henchman."

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@trallion

Hey! Nice to meet you. πŸ˜‰

I’m Sarah Inkdragon, the first-born of 6 children, 16 year old, and writing fanatic who’s slightly obsessed with animation and dragons. Also, if you’re into MTBI, I’m an INTJ. πŸ˜‰

Oooh, you like composing? I’ve messed around with it a little bit on some free sites, but never have really actually tried hard with it. I really love piano, but I’m not the best at playing it(eh, our piano is like waayyy out of tune plus I’ve been really busy getting ready to graduate next year and stuff… so yeah, not much free time), but I’d really like to take some classes someday so I can learn how to play the piano decently. πŸ˜‰ It’s a passion of mine. Along with singing, but I don’t think I have the guts to every become an actually singer. (Except maybe in theater, because I love show tunes)
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>So, have you got any Works In Progress currently? I’m a big fantasy fan as well, and my currently WIP is a fantasy trilogy that’s kind of like…. fantasy/post-apocalyptic/epic… it’s a big mess, but it’s a good mess if I may say so myself. ;)</p>
    Oh, and I’ve love to join your discord! I’m Sarah-Inkdragon#2099

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

I, David
    @i-david

@trallion Hai! Glad to see ya around since the live chat. πŸ™‚

Awkward question, but I was curious due to being able to solve it through context clues: are you a boy or a girl? XD

Look forward to seeing you here. Join Knaphollow as a guild if you can. πŸ˜‰

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Trallion
    @trallion

@the-fledgling-artist Yup, finally did it XD

@kari-karast
    I generally compose piano solos, but if it’s not a piano solo, I use whatever sounds good/fits best πŸ™‚ Fine. I’ll compromise and list a few of the authors I like or used to like XD This is not in order of how much I like them, just as they come to mind: J.R.R. Tolkien, Brandon Mull, John Flanagan, Brian Jacques, (Terry Brooks and Stephen Lawhead, but only some of their older stuff cuz I’ve heard it gets worse) Christopher Paolini, Erin Hunter, Lloyd Alexander, Robin McKinley, John White, and (to finish up for now) Andrew Peterson. There are probs more, but that’s who I could think of for now πŸ˜‰

@sarah-inkdragon
    Well tbh I just started the Discord and haven’t set it up yet, so be forewarned that it isn’t much of anything yet… but I’ll still invite you! It’ll grow, it just depends on who has Discord XD Now, as to WIP’s. As I said, I haven’t done much “real” writing before, so I’m kinda inexperienced. Right now I’m just in the planning/worldbuilding phases of a short novel/novella. I’ve never ever done anything close to that long before, so I’m kinda nervous. Btw, where do I get help with my WIP’s? I’ll put it on my writing website and the discord and stuff, but how should I get helpΒ here? Just invite them to the Discord? (this question is @anyone who knows/cares).

@i-david
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. *is super embarrassed* I. Can’t. Believe. I. Left. That. Out.Β  XD Oof. Anyway, @everyone AND I FORGOT TO ADD, I’M A BOY!Β  (I have 4 brothers and a sister). About the guilds… I applied when I joined, and haven’t heard anything yet. I kinda wanted to make my own guild, but though I’d wait till I 1) have more time and 2) am a more experienced writer. Do I have a choice in what guild I join? I have no preference… yet, but I 1) am kinda competitive and 2) have a strong sense of loyalty, so I don’t know what being in a guild would do to me XD

Oh, and @everyone please excuse any typos in anything I write, I usually have trouble finding them XD

Trallion
    @trallion

@i-david Btw, I’m curious: what context clues did you pick up on? Looking back, I’d say that biggest one is that I run the 110 meter hurdles (the girls only run 100 meters) but only someone who did track would know that, and even someone who did might not unless they did hurdles.

@everyone-who-read-my-intro Was anyone else unsure if I was a boy or girl? Just because I’m curious what you thought XD

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@trallion

Ah, so if you’re wanting help with your WIP, there is a critiques section for writing, and there’s also a general writing section, and a character section, and a worldbuilding section. You can get to all them just by clicking on “Forum” up in the menu, btw. πŸ˜‰ And definitely tag me if you make a topic! I love analyzing and discussing stories. Oh, and there’s also a themes section. And a plotting section. So yeah, pretty much a section for anything you could possibly ever need help with lol

Ha, I kinda picked up you were a dude just from the way you wrote, so I wasn’t confused or anything. (Also you like video games, and while there are certainly a lot of girls who like them[including me], guys tend to… idk, talk about them more? Be more interested in them? So that was another clue lol)I was wondering though, where’d you get your username from? I love pen names and I’ve seen some pretty cool and significant ones, so I was just wondering XD

- C. S. Lewis

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

(Also Erekdale is the best, but I don’t think you really get a choice exactly on what guild you get. Each guild is made with specific things in mind, and you get stuck where they think you would benefit the most from)

(I can say though, Erekdale is very fantasy oriented, so if you like fantasy there’s a decent bet you might end up there. No promises though.) (But you should totally think about joining one while you’re in the process of becoming a better writer. The guilds are so helpful and fun)

- C. S. Lewis

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

Hey, @trallion. Welcome to Story Embers! I’m Ariella Newheart, as you can probably see. *squints at tag* I also like books by Christopher Paolini and Andrew Peterson. (Mr. Peterson’s music is really good, too.) Andβ€”hold on just a minute, did you say Robin McKinley?! The Blue Sword is one of my favorite books! I finally got around to reading it after years of my friend begging me to.

To answer your question about guilds, no you don’t get to choose your own guild. I think it’s Mr. Daeus who looks at the applications to see which guild would fit you best. I’m in Parimi Alca and I love it. I’m not usually competitive, but that all changes when it comes to guild wars. Those are when we are given a prompt, write an entry, and submit it to a judge to decide the winner. There are also word wars, which you probably know about. Those are great if you need to get past writer’s block.

Reading your intro I was a bit unsure, but I assumed from your profile picture that you were a boy.

I have to ask this since it’s my signature question: do you like tea? If so, what kind?

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Trallion
    @trallion

@sarah-inkdragon Okay, thanks. Good, I’m glad there were enough clues that you weren’t confused XD About my name, I needed a username so I made one up that I liked, and now it’s… me πŸ™‚ No particular symbolism involved or anything πŸ˜‰

@ariella-newheart
    Yeah,Β The Blue SwordΒ was good. I think I actually likeΒ The Hero and the Crown better though, have you read it? About tea, I don’t drink it very often. I’ve actually tried to start drinking it moreΒ because it’s kinda a writer thing, but I haven’t really managed it. I mostly just drink random herbal teas but I don’t really like one in particular.

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@trallion I read The Hero and the Crown a long time ago. I should probably read it again since I’ve forgotten most of the story. πŸ˜›

I guess tea is a writer thing. Either that or coffee, but I don’t really like coffee.

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.