fb

Hullo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@libby @evelyn

I never had a younger sister… so I adopted Evelyn as my younger sister.

And yes… I attest, Evelyn loves her family a lot, and doesn’t mind talking about them.

As for N.D. Wilson… I would recommend  all of us fiction work… Read the One Hundred Cupboards series (not including the prequel, yet), then the Ash Town Burials… then read the others in any order.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Libby
    @libby

@wordsmith That’s awesome.  I guess you might say that’s how I got my little sister Evelyn.
    I’ll definitely look into N.D. Wilson’s books!  Thanks for the suggestions!

@millennium-m It’s wonderful to meet you, too!  You asked how good I am at singing.  Well, I am not the best judge of myself.  I will say that right now, my throat is raspy on account of the bad fire smoke here in Washington, which does tend to hamper my ability to sing quite a bit.  Generally speaking, however, I won’t say that I have a great voice, but I think it’s passable.
    As for my favorite singers and albums and bands, that’s a rather broad category, but I love Jake Foster, Citizens and Saints, King’s Kaleidoscope, the Grey Havens, some of Coldplay, Leon Bridges, Josh Garrels, and Sarah McLachlan.  There are probably more that I can’t think of at the moment, but those are a lot of singers/bands that I love to listen to.
    As to your last question, I have not read The Wormling.  Who is it by?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby My sibling’s ages range from around 9 to 23.

And if I may insert myself into the discuss here about music… I love the Grey Havens! <3 Which of their songs are you favorites?

Anonymous

@libbyThe Wormling is by Jerry B. Jenkins. He wrote the Left Behind series.

Libby
    @libby

@millennium-m Awesome.  I’ve never actually read the Left Behind books, but I’ll have to look into those.  Thanks!

@evelyn
    Wow, so you and your siblings must be about two years apart, give or take?  There’s a ten-year gap between me and my oldest sister, and all four of us are about 3 1/2 years apart.
    As for the Grey Havens, my personal favorite is Shadows of the Dawn.  But I do also love Inheritance, She Waits, and Far Kingdom.  And actually, even though I don’t love Jack and Jill tune-wise, I think it’s a great song.  Which songs are your favorites?  What are your favorite singers/bands apart from the Grey Havens?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby I really like their songs: Far Kingdom, Band of Gold, and Go. My other favorite artists would be The Brilliance, Colony House, Enya, and Andrew Peterson.

By the way, I really like the quote in your signature. 🙂

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby

Oh, and by the way, I just realized I’ve been spelling their band name wrong (It’s “Gray” not “Grey”) and I also just saw the announcement about their new album coming out in October!!! <3

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@libby! Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to Story Embers! I’m a humble time-traveler that lives with the elves! What do you do in your spare time? Any hobbies besides reading and writing?

I am the second out of seven, ages ranging from 18 to 1, plus I have an adopted older sister. Just thought I’d get that all out there. 😀

I love Pride and Prejudice too!

I like, music wise, For King and Country, Andrew Peterson, and some girl that I can’t remember her name because I was just introduced to her music last week… she does instrumental remixes, kinda like Lindsey Stirling, if you’ve heard of her. But way better.

@sarah-inkdragon
    – Lloyd Alexander! Yas! *fistbump* I’ve only read the Chronicles of Prydain, but I love them!

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Libby
    @libby

@anne-of-lothlorien Hi there, and thank you for the warm greetings!

What do I do in my spare time?  Well, apart from music, writing, and reading, I love to draw – designing mostly.  You know those adult coloring books?  That’s the only stuff I can really do.  But I love doing that.
    I also have the hobby of card-making.  (my company is ENP Inc. if you’d like to order ;))  It’s a fun business and it’s very useful for birthdays, weddings, thank yous, etc…
    I wouldn’t call this a hobby, but I do love to watch movies.
    I collect coins.
    And I am involved in speech and debate.  I think that covers a lot of what I love to do.  I love hanging out with my friends in my spare time, which is becoming less and less as the years progress.
    What do you enjoy in your spare time?  What are your hobbies?

I have listened to a little of For King and Country’s music, though not much, only two songs.  I liked one and disliked the other.  So I suppose I haven’t heard enough of their songs to decide whether I like them or not! 🙂  Never listened to Andrew Peterson, and probably not to the Lindsey Stirling-like girl, although do like some of the original’s music.

@evelyn
    I forgot about Band of Gold, but I love that song, too!  I actually don’t think I’ve heard Go before.  I am excited to listen to it!  And I’m super excited to hear their new album!!  Can’t wait!
    Sadly, I don’t think I’ve listened to any of the other artists you mentioned, but I guess it’s time for that to change.  We’ll see when I actually get around to listening to them. 😉
    Thank you, about the quote – I love it as well.  And it’s so true, too, which makes it even more powerful.
    What are your favorite hobbies?

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@libby – Ooh, you make cards? Cool! I do too, with a crafting branch called quilling; it’s rolling little thin strips of paper into shapes.

Is there a link or something to where you sell your cards? I can’t find them just by googling ENP inc. 🙂

In my spare time I like to quill, clean my room, (yes, very weird, but I hate messy rooms) ride bikes, shoot my grandpa’s 22 long-rifle, and one of my biggest other hobbies is graphic design. I’ve done a couple book covers for fun, and over one hundred and fifty collages and edits. Never anything for actual work, just for fun. 🙂

For King and Country’s best songs, (in my humble opinion) are God Only Knows and Priceless. If it isn’t your thing, it isn’t, but I’d suggest those two. There are a few I dont really care for either.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby @anne-of-lothlorien

One of my hobbies is quilling! I also do a lot of crocheting, card-making, sewing, and just doodling. I like to read and write too, if you hadn’t picked up on that yet. 🙂

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@evelyn AWESOME! I have never met another person that liked to quill.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hi fellow quiller! *waves*

😉

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby I mostly crochet stuffed animals and baby blankets – of which I’ve gotten so addicted too. 🙂

Quilling… well. The basic idea is to take tiny little strips of colored paper and roll them up and glue them so they look like this. You can then pinch them into different shapes and put them together to make pictures on cards or a canvas. Something like this, though I have yet to do something so elaborate.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby I just saw you said that you are involved in speech and debate. So am I! What kind do you do?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest