fb

Hullo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Libby
    @libby

Hullo,

My name is Libby, and I don’t think I’ve ever introduced myself.  I probably should’ve done this before – I’ve been here for a couple months – but I would love to get to know you all.

I love music: listening to it, playing it, singing it, composing it…music is a huge part of my life.  Reading books is another large part of me.  Some of my favorite books are Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South and also her Mary Barton.  I love Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, Alexandre Dumas’ Count of Monte Cristo, and David Platt’s Radical.  And there are so many others that I could name.

I love to write.  Mostly, I write poetry, short stories, essays, and character sketches.  My favorite genre for writing would be historical fiction and nonfiction.  Poetry is my main outlet when I am especially elated or cast down or peaceful.

Most of all, I am a follower of Christ, and I long to live my life for his glory.  I am not perfect, but he is growing me in every way daily, slowly sometimes, and I am excited to reach the nations for his glory and honor!

I think that’s all.

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Welcome @libby to SE! We are all glad to have you here!

I’m Evelyn. I like to read a huge variety, and mainly write fantasy and poetry.

I love Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South too! I’ve not read Mary Barton, but I have read her Wives and Daughter and love that book as well. I also have not read David Platt’s Radical, but I have read the book, and watched his video series called Follow Me at a woman’s retreat and found it so good!

Who are you favorite poets?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@libby

Hey Libby! I go by Wordsmith! Some people might tell you I’m Evelyn’s big brother, but then you might get confused, so I won’t tell you that.

I too enjoy reading… A lot! Tolkien is probably my favorite author, though I really like N.D. Wilson. I write a little poetry, but mostly short stories of either fantasy or superhero accent.

Do you have any siblings? I am the fifth out of seven.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Buddy J..

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

*clears throat* *dons brit accent*

Hullo, @libby! I’m Inkdragon, Sarah Inkdragon to be exact. I’m a shape-shifter from the far away realm of Rim Earth, moved here to research mythical creatures and finish my novel on the Great War of Rim Earth and those who put an end to it.

So, you could say, I’m on a fantastical vacation. 😉

Pride & Prejudice is a lovely book. I don’t read to many classical books anymore(probably ’cause I read them all as a child) but this has always been one of my favorites. Tolkien and his good fellows are really more my forte. Not to mention Frank Peretti, Walter Farley, and Lloyd Alexander.

Music is one of my favorite things. I play piano, a tiny amount of guitar, and do a little composing with online mixers. 😉

And I think that’s it. Nice to meet you, Libby. 🙂

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

@libby Hey again! 🙂

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Libby
    @libby

It’s wonderful to meet you all!

@evelyn
    Yes, Wives and Daughters is such a good book.  I haven’t actually read Follow Me, but it’s on my reading list – we’ll see how long it will be till I actually get around to reading it.  My favorite poets…that’s a hard one.  To narrow it down, my friend Amanda (I don’t know her last name) is an amazing poet.  But for more famous poets, I love Robert Louis Stevenson and Tolkien as poets.  Robert Browning is another favorite, along with Emily Dickenson and William Wordsworth.  Who are your favorite poets?

@wordsmith
    I don’t think I’ve ever read any of N.D. Wilson’s writings.  Is there anything you would recommend?
    Wow, you have a lot of siblings!  I am the youngest of four – two boys and two girls.  All are off to college except me.
    I think it would be interesting to hear about Evelyn being your younger sister, but if you would prefer not to tell, that’s alright, too.  Just a side note, however, I have a younger sister named Evelyn, too, even though I’m the youngest of four.

@sarah-inkdragon
    Lovely meeting you, Sarah!  Your novel sounds very interesting and I’d be excited to read it someday.  I am writing a novel as well, but it’s taking forever. 😉 That’s typical for me.
    Frank Peretti, Walter Farley, and Lloyd Alexander – all authors, I presume?  Do they write good books?  Any you think I should read?
    It’s awesome that you play piano.  I do as well, and I’m learning violin from my younger sister, Evelyn, I tinker around with a bit of guitar, and my family loves singing.

@emma-starr
    Fancy bumping into you again!

😉

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby My favorite poets would be Emily Dickenson, Tolkien, and Shel Silverstein. I didn’t know Robert Louis Stevenson was a poet! I’ll have to look into that.

@wordsmith
    Oh dear… not again. What have you started??? :/

xD

Libby, tell your little sister she has a beautiful name. 😉

Libby
    @libby

@evelyn Shel Silverstein…I have never heard of him (him right?  Or is it a girl?  Sorry!) I will definitely look into his poetry!
    As for telling Evelyn she has a beautiful name, will do.  I guess that means telling you that you have a beautiful name, too.  Well, you do.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby Shel Silverstein is a guy. And I was joking about the name Evelyn. 🙂

I actually get tired of hearing it. xD

Libby
    @libby

@evelyn Really?  I think your name is pretty!  It’s so elegant and graceful.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby Thanks. 🙂

What’s really cool is that my parents named me and my siblings alphabetically!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Evelyn.
    Libby
    @libby

@evelyn That’s super neat!  So that means you have at least four siblings, maybe more?  How many are there and what are their names? – if you don’t have any problem sharing them.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@libby No I don’t mind. In fact, I actually like to brag on my family… just ask @wordsmith 😉

I have seven siblings: Andrew, Brianna, Caitlin, Daniel, Franklin, Gabriel, and Hosanna. 🙂

Libby
    @libby

@evelyn Cool!  I love Hosanna as a name, by the way.  It’s so joyful.  So, seriously, you can tell your sister that she has a beautiful name.
    Eight siblings – how old is the youngest and how old is the oldest?

Anonymous

Hello @libby! Nice to meet you!

I’m Millennium/Emily and I have wings. (Dragon wings)

Music is a huge part of my life two! How good are you at singing? What are your favourite singers/albums?

I also love books! Have you read The Wormling?

Hugs pet dragon and pulls of cape.

See you in the skies!

Flies away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest