fb

Hullo and mae govannen, everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hullo and mae govannen, everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    EmilyS
    @emilys

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum! My name is Emily Stevens.

Unless I’m playing Mouseguard. Then my name is Whisper.

Anyway, I’m sure you’d rather hear about my role playing character than me, but I think I’ll tell you a bit about myself anyway: I’m almost 18 (end of the month!), homeschooled, lover of books, ice cream, and my gorgeous horse. I enjoy writing anything and everything (except for things that require research, because research is boring. Unless it’s about something interesting, like obscure Lord of the Rings trivia. Sorry, I usually don’t ramble this much, I was up really late last night.), but I mostly focus on fantasy. My goal is to write worlds into existence that are so real and beautiful and compelling that when people read it, it awakens a longing for something more than this world. I want to write about love that’s so crazy, so irrational, so unconditional, that no human can ever attain it. I want people to read my writing and be drawn to God.

But that’s my starry-eyed, romantic dreamer goal. My short-term goal is to stay off the internet long enough to edit my novella and outline my dragon-related story notes.

How about you? I’d love to hear what you’re working on! I’m so excited to meet you all!

This is my horse, Honey, by the way; the sweetest, most beautiful muse in the world!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Welcome, @emilys! So glad you’re here! You have a beautiful horse. Another homeschooler!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@emilys YAY! A FELLOW HOMESCHOOLER! *cheers*

Welcome! I’m Evelyn. Homeschooler. Writer. Reader. Hobbit/Ranger. Etc.

Your goals sound amazing by the way. 🙂

What are your favorite book?

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@emilys

Hello, Emily 🙂

I’m Aimie an eighteen-year-old, who writes fantasy, loves exploring new worlds and is homeschooled right now. 🙂

I looked at your profile and couldn’t see your work in progress, so what are you working on?

I’m working on two novels called The Key of Solaris a book one of a trilogy and For Feynor the name of my two book series 🙂 (Both are in my profile)

I have a cat named Ollie 🙂

I’m also from Australia what country do you live in?

EmilyS
    @emilys

Nice to meet you, guys!

Thanks, Parker, she is my pride and joy!

Evelyn, I can’t choose! You mentioned being a ranger… do you mean as in The Ranger’s Apprentice? That’s one of my favorites! I also love the Goldstone Wood Series by Anne Elisabeth Stengl, anything by Wayne Thomas Batson or Christopher Hopper, and (of course) Lord of the Rings and the Chronicles of Narnia are my life.  How about you?

Aimie, I live in the United States, the state of Massachusetts. You novels sound totally cool! Right no I’m working on rewriting/editing the living daylights out of my novella, Courier’s Tale. And I haven’t put that on my profile because I’m just now starting to figure out how to do that! I am exceptionally technology-challenged.   (Speaking of, how do you tag/mention people on here? I tried to tag all of you, but I couldn’t figure out how.)

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@emilys, how you tag is use the @ sign with the name. Look under the person’s photo name and use the name with an @. It will have the @ sign with it.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

EmilyS
    @emilys

Oh… that’s easy. Thanks, @parker! XD

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@emilys

That’s cool and thank you 🙂

Good luck on your novella 😀

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Good job, @emilys! You got it. I had to be told how to do it too.

Samuel
    @samuel

@emilys Welcome to the forum! I’m also homeschooled although technically finished unless my writing and music education counts. I’m in the process of outlining a novel and have one sitting in a cardboard box and another being self-published, but both ultra-cringey XD

Editing the living daylights out of your book is great and essential! Most pro authors say a minimum of 20 editing rounds are necessary to completely polish your book. Most do about 50 and one even does 70!!!

No one reads these anyway

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

Hi! Welcome to Story Embers! Your horse is sooo pretty!!! Do you ride western or English?

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

EmilyS
    @emilys

Hi @samuel!  Haha, I can totally relate the the cringy writing problem! I’m sure your novels are cool if they include ice breathing dragons, though! (Do they?)

@scribbles
    , thank you! She is such a good girl, I just love her to pieces! I ride English. She’s actually trained to do hunt seat and saddle seat, but I only do hunt seat (and a bit of bareback XD). Do you ride?

Samuel
    @samuel

@emilys Actually, not yet. I’ve got one or two to go before I get to the one with dragons, but I’m still super excited to write it. My current is about a teen in a high-tech exosuit called the Aster, and it’s basically going to be a fictional autobiography of my last three or so years but in fantasy/electropunk novel form.

No one reads these anyway

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@emilys I used to ride some (western), but I lost my sweetie last spring. Her name was Katrina, and she was almost 27, so I hadn’t ridden her in a while. She had blood sugar issues, if I remember correctly, so she had problems with her hooves and the farrier didn’t want weight on her feet as she got older. :\ But she was such a good girl, too. Practically bulletproof and so sweet with littles. And we understood each other’s language.

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

EmilyS
    @emilys

Aww, @scribbles, I’m so sorry! She sounds like such an awesome horse! There’s really nothing quite like getting to know a horse well enough that you understand each other.

@samuel
    , that sounds epic!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest