Howdy!

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  CalebOnline 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Hello fellow guild members!

My name is Caleb and I’m new to the forum. I’ve been writing since I was six and started getting serious about it last year. Some of my favorite shows are Stranger Things, Gravity Falls, and Sherlock Holmes, and I write stories within similar genres.

I’m thankful to be a part of  a community of like-minded Christian writers who are so welcoming, and I’m proud to be a part of the best guild! I’m looking forward to working with you all and doing everything I can to help you guys with your stories.

Caleb 😀

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

And yes, I love steampunk!

I, David
    @i-david

@calebonline Hiedey Ho, Caleb! It is I, David, and DID YOU SAY STRANGER THINGS???

*Loud off-mic screams of excitement*

That’s cool, that’s cool… very cool… And Sherlock as well! Now you just need Doctor Who…

Anyways, I am probably a person. I like to write. And I am guild-less! That just about sums me up here on SE. Nice to meet you, fren. (||-//)

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@calebonline Sherlock Holmes fan! Yay!! *high-fives*

Also, you’re one of the new people in Parimi Alca! Welcome to the greatest guild ever. 😀

What are you favorite books?

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Nice to meet you @i-david, I’ll really have to watch Doctor Who!

P.S. I like the 21 Pilots reference at the end too, definately-a-person.

Caleb 😀

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Hey @evelyn, nice to meet a fellow fan!! *returns high-fives*

My favorite books are The Maze Runner Series and Michael Vae Series, what about you?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@calebonline Nice! I’ve never read those books, but I’ve heard a couple people  around here talk about them.

My favorite books would The Giver, The Lord of the Rings, and The Book Thief. Also I’m in the middle of a book right now that is really good – Island of the World – which will probably be a favorite too.

What kinds of things do you like to write?

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

@evelyn Ja, I love The Book Thief! If you like The Giver I recommend reading Gathering Blue, Messenger, and Son, which are sort of sequels to the book.

I like writing Si-Fi Fantasy and Dystopian stories… my WIP is set in the future after a nuclear war where technology is still advancing. I do like to add some inter-dimensional spin on things.

What kind of stories do you like to write?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@calebonline

Hi! Welcome to story embers.

*drum roll*

It’s me, Eden, and my cuddly, pet hedgehog Ferdinand. *shakes hand*

I hope you feel welcome here and have tons of fun!

And can I please just comment on how very lucky you are to get into the same guild as @evelyn. She is so awesome!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank’s @eden-anderson! *shakes hand* pleasure meeting you. I must say your hedgehog is quite adorable…</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>@evelyn ‘s very nice, and if she likes Sherlock Holmes she’s clearly awesome :D</p>

Anonymous

Welcome @calebonline to Story Embers!

I’m Emily and write in Fantasy and Sci-Fi…and that’s all. 😆

So what genres do you write in?

And yes, I love steampunk!

That’s cool! Me too! Have you ever heard of the Aetherlight? Hehe.

CalebOnline
      @calebonline

Hey @millennium-m, what’s up! I write in sci-fi and fantasy too, but I also write some dystopian.

And yes, I have heard Aetherlight before 😀 I saw it at a homeschool convention I went to last year.

Are you homeschooled?

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@calebonline

Thank you! Ferdinand is, unfortunately only a figment of my over active imagination, so yeah, the pic of the hedgehog is not actually my pet. 😁

I haven’t read much Sherlock Holmes, but ever since I got this  old, really awesome looking copy of Sir Arther Conan Doyle’s collected works of Sherlock Holmes, I have wanted to read it…but I am reading like five other books right now. *sigh*😀

That’s really cool that you like to write sci-fi fantasy and dystopian! Those are too genres I don’t know that much about…I tend to write his-fic and contemporary…and some fantasy.

What are some of your hobbies? And a random question (because I get tired of asking everybody the same old questions😛):

If you could choose to be any type of fantasy animal or beast…what would you be?

I think I would be a centuar…or maybe some sort of two headed, furry, long clawed monster. I’d be a nice monster though…who liked pizza and banana smoothies. 😆😜

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Anonymous

@calebonline, yup I’m homeschooled and am in 7th grade. And you should totally get the Aetherlight.

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@calebonline Yes I’ve read the sequels to The Giver!

You write dystopian? Cool! I write mainly fantasy and poetry.

And you’re a homeschooler??? I am!!! 😀 *high-fives again*

@millennium-m So I’ve heard a lot of people here talk about the Aetherlight… what is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest