Howdy!

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  CalebOnline 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Hello fellow guild members!

My name is Caleb and I’m new to the forum. I’ve been writing since I was six and started getting serious about it last year. Some of my favorite shows are Stranger Things, Gravity Falls, and Sherlock Holmes, and I write stories within similar genres.

I’m thankful to be a part of  a community of like-minded Christian writers who are so welcoming, and I’m proud to be a part of the best guild! I’m looking forward to working with you all and doing everything I can to help you guys with your stories.

Caleb 😀

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

And yes, I love steampunk!

I, David
    @i-david

@calebonline Hiedey Ho, Caleb! It is I, David, and DID YOU SAY STRANGER THINGS???

*Loud off-mic screams of excitement*

That’s cool, that’s cool… very cool… And Sherlock as well! Now you just need Doctor Who…

Anyways, I am probably a person. I like to write. And I am guild-less! That just about sums me up here on SE. Nice to meet you, fren. (||-//)

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@calebonline Sherlock Holmes fan! Yay!! *high-fives*

Also, you’re one of the new people in Parimi Alca! Welcome to the greatest guild ever. 😀

What are you favorite books?

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Nice to meet you @i-david, I’ll really have to watch Doctor Who!

P.S. I like the 21 Pilots reference at the end too, definately-a-person.

Caleb 😀

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Hey @evelyn, nice to meet a fellow fan!! *returns high-fives*

My favorite books are The Maze Runner Series and Michael Vae Series, what about you?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@calebonline Nice! I’ve never read those books, but I’ve heard a couple people  around here talk about them.

My favorite books would The Giver, The Lord of the Rings, and The Book Thief. Also I’m in the middle of a book right now that is really good – Island of the World – which will probably be a favorite too.

What kinds of things do you like to write?

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

@evelyn Ja, I love The Book Thief! If you like The Giver I recommend reading Gathering Blue, Messenger, and Son, which are sort of sequels to the book.

I like writing Si-Fi Fantasy and Dystopian stories… my WIP is set in the future after a nuclear war where technology is still advancing. I do like to add some inter-dimensional spin on things.

What kind of stories do you like to write?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@calebonline

Hi! Welcome to story embers.

*drum roll*

It’s me, Eden, and my cuddly, pet hedgehog Ferdinand. *shakes hand*

I hope you feel welcome here and have tons of fun!

And can I please just comment on how very lucky you are to get into the same guild as @evelyn. She is so awesome!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank’s @eden-anderson! *shakes hand* pleasure meeting you. I must say your hedgehog is quite adorable…</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>@evelyn ‘s very nice, and if she likes Sherlock Holmes she’s clearly awesome :D</p>

Anonymous

Welcome @calebonline to Story Embers!

I’m Emily and write in Fantasy and Sci-Fi…and that’s all. 😆

So what genres do you write in?

And yes, I love steampunk!

That’s cool! Me too! Have you ever heard of the Aetherlight? Hehe.

CalebOnline
      @calebonline

Hey @millennium-m, what’s up! I write in sci-fi and fantasy too, but I also write some dystopian.

And yes, I have heard Aetherlight before 😀 I saw it at a homeschool convention I went to last year.

Are you homeschooled?

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@calebonline

Thank you! Ferdinand is, unfortunately only a figment of my over active imagination, so yeah, the pic of the hedgehog is not actually my pet. 😁

I haven’t read much Sherlock Holmes, but ever since I got this  old, really awesome looking copy of Sir Arther Conan Doyle’s collected works of Sherlock Holmes, I have wanted to read it…but I am reading like five other books right now. *sigh*😀

That’s really cool that you like to write sci-fi fantasy and dystopian! Those are too genres I don’t know that much about…I tend to write his-fic and contemporary…and some fantasy.

What are some of your hobbies? And a random question (because I get tired of asking everybody the same old questions😛):

If you could choose to be any type of fantasy animal or beast…what would you be?

I think I would be a centuar…or maybe some sort of two headed, furry, long clawed monster. I’d be a nice monster though…who liked pizza and banana smoothies. 😆😜

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Anonymous

@calebonline, yup I’m homeschooled and am in 7th grade. And you should totally get the Aetherlight.

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@calebonline Yes I’ve read the sequels to The Giver!

You write dystopian? Cool! I write mainly fantasy and poetry.

And you’re a homeschooler??? I am!!! 😀 *high-fives again*

@millennium-m So I’ve heard a lot of people here talk about the Aetherlight… what is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest