fb

Howdy, y’all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy, y’all!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@the-unwavering-writer

(Oh, I think you accidentally tagged the wrong person XD The tags are right below the usernames, so mine would be @ rose-colored-fancy, not @ Rose 🙂 Don’t worry, I made the same mistake XD)

Hello there!   LOL, I’m sure it’s not as chaotic as Christian Writers is… *pauses to ensure that I’m safe to say that* And thank you that I’m not the only weird one. *bows majestically*

LOL, trust me, there’s chaos!! Several things that have actually happened in the Character Castles: My medieval princess was doing backflips in zero-gravity while annoying her brother because she’s like that and an assassin got chased and bitten by a goose. Don’t ask. I don’t know either. Neither of these were unusual occurrences. XD

Ooh, you’ve been writing for over a year; nice! What’s the main premise of your stories? LOL, relatable!! That’s why we edit…over time…maybe over several months…LOL!

LOL, yes! Well, I’m tempted to say that the premise is my beloved MC charging into stupid situations like the feral brat she is and nearly getting herself killed repeatedly. She’s like that, I love her so much. XD

But the actual elevator pitch would be something like this: The princess of a desert tribe must rescue her older brother who is being held hostage before the situation culminates into a war.

Oh, my, weaponizing an Edwardian gown…LOL! That must be…quite the sketch. XD I’m into those older fashions of the day, such as those long gowns they wore back then…AHHHHH THE BEAUTY OF THEM!!!

Yes! Aren’t they stunning!? I’m absolutely fascinated by all kinds of historical fashion, though the Edwardian period is one of my favorites!

LOL, yes, those notes fall into the category of “Don’t worry! I’m just a writer!” Btw, the key is hatpins, and it’s historically proven that a steel-boned corset could deflect a bullet. I’m going to use that information in one of my next projects. (That project is beckoning me so hard and I have to keep kicking it into a corner so I can keep going with my current one XD)

I’m that one label known as Outgoing Entertainer…I forgot the personality short definition thing to that. LOL! In reality though, I’m an ambivert, probably leaning more to being an extrovert though.

ESFP? Maybe? That’s awesome! I’m definitely an introvert but I can be an extrovert for short periods of time XD

LOL, relatable, only I don’t do digital art. What have you been drawing so far?

I draw my characters a LOT XD But I also just draw fanart and whatever strikes me as interesting. Mostly characters of some sort. I drew my profile picture! That character is probably going to get a short story of her own, she’s interesting!

I’d scream at that, only I’d probably just say you’re better off not seeing any of them IMHO…LOL! Ooh, yay, twinsies on parentheses!! XD What about asterisks? *eyes*

Asterisks are a gift to mankind! So are tone indications such as “XD”!! I overuse that one whenever possible XD

Mainly Christian fiction; I don’t tend to stray away from it…LOL! I constantly make new WIPs and have one finished in dire need of editing, but my current WIP is what I summarized to Noah (so above this message). It probably makes no sense, but I’d need to make a better summary of that. XD

It makes sense! I like it! That’s a very cool premise! What’s your MC like?

Ooh, favorite books? I haven’t read much since this past summer and don’t have much time for it now, but I do like Silas Marner, a Christian classic by George Eliot (pen name of Mary Ann Evans; highly recommend it!!!). And what about you, m’lady?

*Takes a deep breath and unrolls a massive scroll* I may have several suggestions! LOL

I’m actually a kinda picky reader, I struggle to find books I really enjoy so I often end up abandoning them halfway through. (Another reason I became a writer. Unbridled spite. XD If that trash can get published, so can my scribblings XD Maybe. One day. Publication isn’t the current goal. XD)

But here are some I really love!

“The Red Ribbon” by Lucy Adlington.

THIS BOOK!! It’s brilliant! Amazing! I love it so much! It’s historical fiction about WWII, which isn’t my usual preference. (I’m pretty easily upset and usually can’t handle those)

What I really admired about this book is how well the theme was written. The tone was very interesting. It was so, so hopeful. It never downplayed the horrible situations, nor made light of it, but the constant tone was so, so hopeful. It’s definitely one of my comfort books.

The prose was lovely, the characters amazing, and I just– I can’t explain how much I loved it.

“The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins.

Do I need to explain why these are amazing? I especially admired the themes and message, even though it was so dark. It taught me a lot as a writer.

“The False Prince” by Jennifer Nielsen. (And her historical novels, especially Resistance!)

I love the narrator and main character in this one. (Honestly, one of the best character voices I’ve ever read) It was brilliantly written, and I enjoyed the intrigue in the plot.

I have several others I loved, but I’d say that’s my top three!

I think the favorite part about my WIP is the turtle necklace. XD Yes, I know it sounds weird, but it’s the one thing that brings the two girls together.

That’s such an interesting part! That’s so cool!!!

Now, spill the beans–what’s your WIP about?? And what’s your favorite part about it? *Yes, yes, I’m allowed to Uno reverse card you.*

Well, you already got the elevator pitch, so I’ll expand on that! The setting is a fantasy setting based on medieval North Africa. I can’t decide whether it counts as high-fantasy or low fantasy XD The world is completely different from ours, but there is no magic or fantasy creatures or races.

My favorite part… man, I’ll have to say Liorah, my MC. Her full title is “Princess Liorah of the Lehabim, daughter of Shemaiah,” but she hates being called that XD She’s… interesting. To say the least. XD

She’s a very sassy, defiant, bold character, but she’s also surprisingly kind whenever possible. She’s not exactly sweet, but she’s very fun to write. I love her so much, she’s so very alive!

I’d say the other favorite parts of my WIP are the setting (I’m having so much fun with it! I don’t see it a lot in fantasy but it’s fascinating!) and the way the plot is unfolding. I planned it as a standalone, but because I was absolutely clueless, I didn’t realize I had too many events to be resolved in one book, so it got expanded. It also started as entirely first-person, with Liorah as the only narrator.

Now, the first book has a few chapters with other points of view of side characters (Either because Liorah isn’t there or because her POV would skim over important information. Did I mention she’s extremely stubborn and will only narrate stuff she finds relevant, frequently jumping to conclusions?)

And the second book had at least half the action “off-screen” so I added a second narrator, so now it’s dual POV, and they’re split up for almost half the book. Personally, I really think it works because the other narrator, Faye, is Liorah’s polar opposite and that works really well together since they cover each other’s blind spots.

And the third book is also going to be a dual POV between Liorah and another side character who was in the first two books. He’s outgrown his role as a side character and honestly, he just really fascinated me and deserves more attention. Besides, he’s super secretive and the only way he’s going to give information is if he’s actually a narrator.

And… I’m ranting, aren’t I? Sorry, this happens a lot XD I love my WIP a lot and I can’t resist talking about it wayy too much XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Bethania Gauterius
    @sparrowhawke

@the-unwavering-writer

I’m a big fan of the Oxford comma. It generally makes things a lot more clear.

I really like Pixar movies–Up, Soul, and Onward probably being my favorites. And I like some other stuff like Rogue One, LOTR, and The Princess Bride but I’m not a big movie watcher in general.

Limericks are fun! They’re great because you can make up whatever. Wrote yourself into a corner and can’t find a rhyme? Just make up a word!

"For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@noah-cochran

First off, my sincerest apologies for not responding sooner! I meant to do it at some point, but then I had no motivation to because the replies were filling up my email…LOL! But I live and have time. haha

LOL, hard to pick just one favorite book, isn’t it? I think I’ve learned about the War of the Roses in either sixth or seventh grade…Wasn’t that between two opposing royal families or something along those lines? I don’t recall what that’s all about…LOL! Ooh, that book on the medieval ages sounds amazing!! I find myself interesting…Hehe. Ig I’m becoming more interested in history now that I’ve learned (and am learning!) about how Christianity spread, the persecutions, Theodophilus making Christianity the only legal religion and thus causing many to bring pagan practices and other things into the services, the Middle Ages…On and on and on.

What’s your favorite part about history, and why?

Aw, thank you! I also insist on the same terms. XD

Ooh, medieval history!! Now you’re really getting me intrigued…Keep writing it! I want to read it now! Hugon sounds like a cool name…Do you know what it means by any chance?

LOL, you could say that again! If I remember correctly, I believe one was hurt at some point during a game of Spoons…Or maybe that was my vivid memory of the blood on an air hockey table? 😉

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@calidris

Apologies for not responding sooner! I responded later…Yikes. But I’m here! XD

Wow, I like your perspective despite the movie difference! You know how to analyze things…Well done. I am impressed. I never caught that they incorporated rap into orchestra parts…Then again, preference. Haha.

Yes, I highly recommend Silas Marner!!! I can’t spoil it though; so you’ll have to read it to find out why it’s such a good book. The main theme of the novel, however, is the redeeming power of love. 😉 (Not sappy, 21st century love. A different kind of love. Maternal. 😉 )

I also have to agree. People think watering down the Gospel is fine to appeal to both believers and non-believers, but if believers are always being fed milk, what’s going to happen to their spiritual growth? Don’t tell me someone has anxiety attacks and has an issue with their relationship; show me that Christ is the only Person to cry out to for help and why. (Sorry, taking that out of a book I read with one of the MCs dealing with something similar. Haha.)

Ooh, what kind of historical things? I’m starting to enjoy history now after learning about how the Gospel was spread by the apostles, the persecutions, Theodophilus making Christianity the only legal religion and thus making individuals who weren’t genuinely saved bring in false teachings and practices, the Roman Catholic Church, the Middle Ages…On and on and on. 😉 I’d love some recommendations! Might help with book reviews for school.

Huh, Spire sounds neat! I like the plot there – resistance party vs. the destruction of said city. XD What inspired you to write the book? Or, where’d the idea for it originate?

I have several WIPs…LOL! I mentioned one of them (The Missing Link), but another one I’m working on is My Reality. The story is about a girl living in the 1800s with an older sister who’s been deaf all her life. They have no way to communicate with each other (and the older sister has no interest to either) until something (I have to figure out something…LOL) happens that clicks the bond between them. I’m probably going to further it by having the older sister know some things about their past or about their family that the younger sister doesn’t know about.

Did that make sense? XD Hopefully, it did.

Hmm…I doubt I’d ever watch them tbh. Haha. Ohhhh, you were talking about anime. XD Anime isn’t…really…my thing…either. XD At least the ones with Naruto and these other people with powers. I’d have to watch another kind before making a say on it. Pretty sure my sister would know exactly what you’re talking about though! XD

Okie dokie, thank you so much! I’ll have to check it out sometime Lord willing…Lord willing…LOL!

Oh, and @imwritehere1920 (and you, calidris), the puppy and duck aren’t mine. Haha. I took a screenshot from a YT video I was watching; thought it was adorable. They do make a great pair though.

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@imwritehere1920

Apologies for not responding sooner! Got caught up with other things and had no motivation to respond on account of the emails I was getting…LOL!

LOL, how does the nephew coincide with the queen? 😀 Am I missing something crucial? 😀 LOL, well, I don’t usually pay attention to the Dutch Blitz pictures…They’re pictures for all I know. It’s also a vonderfully goot game! (Hoping I spelled that right..haha.)

LOL, it was ironic that you mentioned plebians, because at the time I had already learned that a plebian was a lower class member of the Roman society…Or an outsider. XD I should jokingly say that to my sisters sometime and get their reaction…

Haha, nice to meet you too, Lily! (I’ll also do my best to keep tabs with your name. XD)

LOL, you must restore the power by bringing back the game!!! Do not let its legacy fail, dear Lily!!! Do not let it fail!!!!!!! :> I’m not sure how we’d play Dutch Blitz on the forum…LOL! I wonder if there would be a website that would allow us to play it against each other? 😉

Ah, children’s and middle grade fantasy/dystopian…You’re probably the first person I’m aware of who writes in that genre. XD Haha, yes, books are more complicated than we explain them. That and we don’t want to type so much. XD

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@rose-colored-fancy

My sincere apologies for not responding sooner! Got caught up with other things and also had no motivation to respond when I saw all the emails in my inbox…LOL!! But I’m here and existing now. 😀

Whoopsie-daisies, my bad! I’m still getting a hang of this website…XD Thank you kindly for explaining!

Oh…my…XD I feel the pressing need to be concerned…and yet I also don’t. XD

I actually LOLed upon reading about your MC…I’m sure she’s nothing like you though. (Right? Right? XD) Your synopsis (or elevator pitch…new term I’ve learned 😉 ) sounds more sophisticated than you made it sound like. XD Oh, well, that’s the beauty of stories and hiding things from readers!

Yes, they are stunning! A lot more modest, too, than today’s typical fashion…Nowadays, it’s Crocs, sweatpants, and oversized hoodies…And a phone in the hand, possibly accompanied by an airpod in one ear. A steel-boned corset…For a moment, my brain transferred that as a corset made of bone…Oh, my. XD Again, I have learned something new!

Yes, I think it’s ESFP…LOL! I’ve discovered a good few writers now who are introverts….*jots you down on that list*

*heavy breathing* You…drew..*vocal inflections spike all the way up to squealing and squeaking* THAT?!? HOW AND WHERE AND WHY AND WHEN AND HOW AND WHAT AND HOWWWWWW?!?

LOL, I use “XD” and “LOL” a lot…in case you haven’t noticed…LOL! Life would be too boring without that XD or LOL. LOL XD

Thank you! 😀 My MC…*has to think about my MC even though I’ve been with her for over a year* She comes from a rather broken background, with not much history about her father; so she feels lacking in that area. Relied on practically every day to take care of her six younger siblings while her mom works; so I’d also say she has a lot on her shoulders. Gets defensive and wounded easily because she gets accused of things constantly. (I have to develop her more, as you can tell. XD This story was inspired by someone I know who’s gone through not exactly the same situation, but a bit similar in certain aspects; I won’t reveal them though for her sake.)

Ooh, The Red Ribbon immediately got my attention!! I tried writing a novel set in Ravensbruck, the only female concentration camp. The story was from the perspective of a young Polish girl sent to the camp with her mother and younger sister, and she meets someone who teaches her what forgiveness and love truly is when my MC had absolutely none. I never got around to adding more to it though;  spent a bunch of time doing research…LOL!

I’ve….never read The Hunger Games. *ducks for cover* LOL! The False Prince is a new one, too…WHY HAVEN’T I HEARD OF THE FIRST AND LAST BOOKS UNTIL NOW?!? WHY DO YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME, INTERNET?!? WHY, OH, WHY?!

Wow, her name is a mouthful. I could see why she wouldn’t like that name. XD I like the setting of the book; medieval Africa is something I’ve never read about yet! And that character does sound fun…as long as she’s not someone from real life…LOL! She and Faye would get along great, as you already mentioned due to their personality differences. Do they fall in lOoOoOveeeee??? XD

LOL, you can rant about your books. 😉 I like what you have so far! Extremely creative!

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@sparrowhawke

I apologize for not responding sooner! I’m here now though; so I shall now respond. XD

Ohhhh, I just looked up what the Oxford comma is…I’ve been taught this all my life. XD I never knew it had a name!

Up was a Pixar movie? I thought that was a Disney movie…LOL! I’ve watched Up as a kid, but haven’t seen it since. I’ve seen a bit of Onward, but it bothered be morally; so I stopped watching it. As for Soul…haven’t seen that one. What made you prefer Pixar movies more than Disney or Dreamworks (or some other major producer) movies?

Yess, limericks are amazing!! I remember in my elementary years writing writing style after writing style of whatever I’d just learned to write…Limericks were something I didn’t revisit until this year. LOL! What’s your favorite limerick you’ve read or written?

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@the-unwavering-writer

Yay!  She lives!! Lol

No problem, I can get pretty busy myself 🙂

the-unwavering-writer wrote:

“*with head high in the air and a snooty disposition* Yes, yes, I’m quite renown around here. Now, scatter, peasant; a match with the Queen of England calls. Pshaw, the woman can hardly differentiate a six from a nine, let alone keep up with the game at her age!”

Ah, the nephew supposedly learned the game from his dear aunt… which explains his terrible lack of skill at Dutch Blitz.

Hmm, that’d be interesting to find a site that let’s you play Dutch Blitz online.  And don’t worry, someday I shall stage a glorious comeback of my awesome legacy!  Watch out, because I may be practicing in the middle of the night to sharpen my wits and planning my new strategies!! XD

Also, do tell me what your sisters’ reactions are like when you use the term plebeian on them 😉  (Ps. I also have sisters; three, actually.  How many do you have?)

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@imwritehere1920

LOL, yes, yes, I’m here. The kingdom cannot run without my guidance and supervision. XD

*in a British accent, accompanied with a slightly higher country dialect* Well, now that’s not going to end well, seeing as he is such a bad player…My, my, someone get the boy a tutor.

HAH, I CREATED A GAME!!! -Ml7raPsMoRyARPo9B5D  I doubt you’d be on at this time, but…if you are, by all means, join! (And anyone else who’s interested, too!) Go to https://dutchblitzonline.com/, copy said code, and you’re in! If you can’t join, then we can arrange another time. Depends on time zone though. XD

I’d suggest sleeping at the middle of night and not practicing, dear. It really isn’t good for your health, much less your mood and cognitive abilities. (While I also don’t go to bed until later on…haha.)

LOL, I’ve texted two of them good night and called them plebians; so I must wait for their reaction. I’ll text the other one that as well…Haha. I have seven sisters (one has already passed); to be frank with you, they’re my honorary sisters. Not like godsisters or anything along those lines; honorary sisters as in we’ve claimed each other as sisters despite our not being related biologically. 😉

Wow, three sisters! That’s a hot mess right there, waiting for a bomb to strike in order for chaos to occur. 😀 Any brothers to accompany the mess?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@the-unwavering-writer

My sincere apologies for not responding sooner! Got caught up with other things and also had no motivation to respond when I saw all the emails in my inbox…LOL!! But I’m here and existing now.

Don’t worry about it! I know the feeling XD

Oh…my…XD I feel the pressing need to be concerned…and yet I also don’t. XD

Don’t worry, they’re cool XD Mostly. I mean, there was a tiny bit of murder but it was in the Villains’ Castle so… *Shrugs* what can you expect? XD

As for Liorah, she threw her boots at several annoyances, made elaborate threats, (including but not limited to strangling a castle with its intestines) and got on with her day XD That’s… pretty standard behavior. XD

I actually LOLed upon reading about your MC…I’m sure she’s nothing like you though. (Right? Right? XD)

LOL, I’m glad I made you laugh! Is she like me? …No. Yes. Not really but kinda? I am all my characters and none of them. They are all parts of me but none of them is a whole. I relate to all my characters in a different way, which is what makes them fun to write 🙂

I’m actually not at all like Liorah in many ways. I think the stuff she says, but she has the guts to actually say it XD As for the ‘rushing into danger’ part, nope, not me. I overthink. Everything. XD

Your synopsis (or elevator pitch…new term I’ve learned   ) sounds more sophisticated than you made it sound like. XD Oh, well, that’s the beauty of stories and hiding things from readers!

Thank you! It’s both more sophisticated and less so XD The two writing moods are: “Beautiful, flowing prose, vivid imagery, heartwrenching scenes, deep characters–” and “Can I write yeet? I want to write yeet here. It belongs here.”

Yes, they are stunning! A lot more modest, too, than today’s typical fashion…Nowadays, it’s Crocs, sweatpants, and oversized hoodies…And a phone in the hand, possibly accompanied by an airpod in one ear. A steel-boned corset…For a moment, my brain transferred that as a corset made of bone…Oh, my. XD Again, I have learned something new!

If anyone wears Crocs in public, I’ll whack them over the head with them XD

Oh, I forgot that not everyone sews XD Boning is the term used for strips of reinforcement sewn to a bodice or corset to help it keep its shape! (used in strapless dresses, among other things) Nowadays it’s made from plastic, but the term comes from that it used to be made out of baleen, which people thought was whalebone. (It’s… not, but tell the Victorians that XD)

Actually, even baleen-boned corsets are fairly serviceable as impromptu armor, at least against a knife XD It depends on the spacing on the boning, with a more closely spaced bodice being more effective, but it’ll definitely make a difference! And you have to take into consideration how many layers the Victorians wore, so this concludes my essay as to why a Victorian lady is less likely to die from being stabbed or cut. XD

Yes, I think it’s ESFP…LOL! I’ve discovered a good few writers now who are introverts….*jots you down on that list*

LOL, I’ve found the same, but there are several extroverts roaming around these parts!

*heavy breathing* You…drew..*vocal inflections spike all the way up to squealing and squeaking* THAT?!? HOW AND WHERE AND WHY AND WHEN AND HOW AND WHAT AND HOWWWWWW?!?

I’m going to take that as the highest of compliments! *Sweeps into an elaborate curtsy* Thank you!

Now, I will answer your questions in chronological order!

Yes, I drew that. XD

How? With my hands, of course. XD (though an art program and a drawing tablet were also instrumental XD)

Where? On the computer, at my desk.

Why? Because it was very fun and I had the idea that wouldn’t get out of my head, and because I want to go to art school one day.

When? A few weeks ago! I have since finished the rest of the three picture series! I was practicing my visual storytelling and I’m quite satisfied with the result!

And.. now you’re repeating questions XD Oh, you didn’t mean this literally? XD

LOL, I use “XD” and “LOL” a lot…in case you haven’t noticed…LOL! Life would be too boring without that XD or LOL. LOL XD

LOL, don’t we all!? I can’t have a proper internet conversation without it XD

Thank you!   My MC…*has to think about my MC even though I’ve been with her for over a year* She comes from a rather broken background, with not much history about her father; so she feels lacking in that area. Relied on practically every day to take care of her six younger siblings while her mom works; so I’d also say she has a lot on her shoulders. Gets defensive and wounded easily because she gets accused of things constantly. (I have to develop her more, as you can tell. XD This story was inspired by someone I know who’s gone through not exactly the same situation, but a bit similar in certain aspects; I won’t reveal them though for her sake.)

Wow, she sounds so interesting! I love the plot you’re setting up, it has a lot of potential, and I can’t help but sympathize with her!

Ooh, The Red Ribbon immediately got my attention!! I tried writing a novel set in Ravensbruck, the only female concentration camp. The story was from the perspective of a young Polish girl sent to the camp with her mother and younger sister, and she meets someone who teaches her what forgiveness and love truly is when my MC had absolutely none. I never got around to adding more to it though;  spent a bunch of time doing research…LOL!

That’s awesome! I think you’ll really like The Red Ribbon then, it has a kinda similar premise! And the writing craft is *Chef’s kiss* It’s really beautiful and original, and the author used a bunch of really cool techniques relying on color and imagery. For example, there aren’t chapters, but it’s divided into a few parts, each named after a color. I think it was… Green, Yellow, Red, Gray, White, Pink, if I remember correctly.

Each of the parts is named after an important recurring color that she keeps using in imagery and it’s just *squeals in excitement* so beautiful!

I’ve….never read The Hunger Games. *ducks for cover* LOL! The False Prince is a new one, too…WHY HAVEN’T I HEARD OF THE FIRST AND LAST BOOKS UNTIL NOW?!? WHY DO YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME, INTERNET?!? WHY, OH, WHY?!

I actually didn’t read Hunger Games until last year XD But I was really impressed and really enjoyed it! False Prince is epic! It’s part of a five-book series, but the first book is by far the best. You could even just read the first, or the first three. The fifth book hasn’t been released yet, but I was rather disappointed in the fourth. It suffers from a lack of depth and character development, but the first book doesn’t, and has some awesome narration, pacing, and twists!

Wow, her name is a mouthful. I could see why she wouldn’t like that name. XD I like the setting of the book; medieval Africa is something I’ve never read about yet! And that character does sound fun…as long as she’s not someone from real life…LOL!

LOL, isn’t it always like that? I’ve often wondered if I’d like her IRL, but I think I would! She’s a fun person, and actually way nicer than she seems. XD

She and Faye would get along great, as you already mentioned due to their personality differences. Do they fall in lOoOoOveeeee??? XD

Get along great is an overestimation XD (They do in the latter part of the book, but before that…) Faye spends the first half of the book being low-key scared of Liorah and Liorah thinks Faye is little more than a loveable burden XD It’s hilarious because Liorah keeps shocking Faye XD

And… they’re both girls, so, nope. Liorah has a love interest who thinks she’s awesome but never hesitates to tell her when she’s being stupid. XD He has two out of the three brain cells in the series XD Liorah shares the other one with her two best friends and they play rock-paper-scissors for it every time there’s a decision XD

And Faye… doesn’t have a love interest. She told me she doesn’t want one in canon XD She isn’t against getting married, but her future plans center around living in a cottage in the forest with a talking raven and too many cats. XD (Not even an exaggeration, that’s exactly what happens in canon XD)

And I really don’t like when every. Single. Character. gets paired up into neat little couples by the end of the books. Just… why? I love a happy ending as much as anyone but for some characters, a happy ending doesn’t center around romantic love. I just like when characters’ happy ending is family love instead of a forced couple that’ll get broken up in the sequel 🙂

LOL, you can rant about your books.   I like what you have so far! Extremely creative!

Aww, thanks! I’m afraid I will XD I’d love to hear more about your characters too! What’s your MC’s name?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@the-unwavering-writer

Cool, you create games?  Also I said I may be practicing at night.  I could also be sleeping.   You’ll never know….. *mysterious music*

Wow! Seven sisters (especially honorary ones) are cool.  I’m so sorry to hear one passed away *sends you a big hug*

I have two brothers who got married and ventured off into the unknown *cue Frozen siren singing*  How about you?  Any brothers?

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@the-unwavering-writer

I have no idea what Hugon means. xD It’s interesting that you mention that, do you find the meanings of all your characters’ names? Also, many of the names in my book I literally made up by trying letters together in my head. So…I suppose I can make up their meanings too? xD

The high middles ages is my favorite, so around 1000-1300. England, France, and the Crusader States are what I find the most interesting. Wars of the Roses are really interesting. I’ve read a few books about it. My sister is really into that time period and conflict.

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@the-unwavering-writer,

hi, girl! *waves back* welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest