fb

Howdy, y’all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy, y’all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

Hello, hello, hello, my fellow writers! 😀 I found out about this website from another individual from Christian Writers *grins and waves to Emily Waldorf* and decided to join.

So….here I am. XD

I write Christian fiction, short stories, and poems (many, many poems, all buried in various notebooks or on past school papers…). Started writing when I was five going on six (a poem I found verifies that) and stopped writing for pleasure when I was eleven/twelve until early 2020, when I picked it back up and continued ever since. 😀

Let’s see…I play piano, am a huge card shark *cackles at memories of Dutch Blitz*, will get on you for not using proper punctuation and grammar and spelling (seriously, why are homophones so hard for some people?!), like to eat food (if you don’t, then, well, you’re dying XD), enjoy speech class (monologues are amazing!!!!), taught myself how to swim, have never seen a single Marvel movie other than the one with Miles Morales *waits for someone to yell at me somewhere*,  and am weird in general. (Haven’t you picked up on that from the number of parentheses I use?)

(No?)

(Well, then XD.)

(For some odd reason, much of my personality is not showing up…right now… :D)

Looking forward to getting to know the community better!

solanelle
    @calidris

@the-unwavering-writer Hello!  It’s great to have you here!  I’m calidris, and I like birds and art, among many other things 🙂  I haven’t seen many marvel movies either lol.  I saw one that wasn’t especially good, and I also saw Into the Spiderverse (the one with miles morales) which I absolutely loved.  How did you like it?

I have a couple of questions for you:

1.  What genre of Christian fiction do you like?  Do you write any Christian fantasy?

2. Do you like Lord of the Rings and/or Haikyuu?

Also, we do this thing called Character Castle where a bunch of people enter their characters into a castle and they have to work together to protect each other and have adventures.  It’s really fun, and you’re completely free to join if you want!  We would love to have you!  I currently have characters in the Character Castle 2.0 and the Villain Castle 🙂

Also, please don’t judge me for misspelling things lol.  I’m really good at spelling, but I mistype things all the time 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@the-unwavering-writer

Howdy friend! Glad to have you here. 🙂

Noah’s my name, and I love to read fiction and medieval history. I started my writing journey around three months ago, and have been loving it ever sense. What is the premise of your current WIP?

What kinds of card games do you like (other than dutch blitz)?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@the-unwavering-writer

Hello! I’m Rose! Welcome to the chaos!! We’re all weird here XD

I started writing in early 2020 (Pandemic boredom XD) and I’m working on a fantasy trilogy! I drafted the first two books and am now rewriting the first because goodness, my first draft was bad!! XD

I’m an introvert, (INFJ-t) I love reading and writing (Obviously XD), I’m a historical nerd, with historical fashion being my absolute favorite, and weaponry a close second. (Combining the two is glorious, trust me. *glances at notes where I was endeavoring to figure out how one could weaponize an Edwardian evening gown.*)

I’m a digital artist, which means I draw while I should be studying XD

I have never seen a single superhero movie, so you’re one ahead of me XD *Awaits the booing* And, if you couldn’t tell, I also love parentheses.

What genres do you write? What’s the synopsis of your current WIP? (if you have one?) What are your favorite books and what’s your favorite part about your WIP?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Bethany
    @sparrowhawke

Hey @the-unwavering-writer!

I’m Bethany and I will also get on you for not using proper punctuation and grammar! And I love parentheses too. What are your thoughts on the Oxford comma?

I have only seen two Marvel movies, but frankly, I’m not that impressed so far. What did you think of that Spiderman movie? I’ve heard it was good.

What kind of poetry do you write? I write some poetry. I try to make it rhyme and usually that’s the only good thing about it XD

Nice to meet you!

"Can't have dirty garbage."

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@calidris Thank you for the warm greeting! Ah, that’s the name of that movie…LOL! It was okay; not really my cup of tea. Wasn’t fond of the rap music. What do you think made the movie good? 🙂

To answer your questions… 😀

1. I didn’t know Christian fiction had genres until you pointed it out! XD I like the Christian fiction classics, such as Silas Marner and the occasional (mind you, occasional) romance/western/both lol. The latter of the two can be more on the lines of sappy, insincere, or far from biblical truth. Or all three. As for Christian fantasy, that’s not my thing.

What are your favorite genres to write/read?

2. I’ve never actually seen LOTR! 😀 Not sure if that’s my cup of tea either…LOL! Haiku’s that Japanese poem style, correct? If so, then yes!!! Those are so easy and yet fun (plus mysterious!) to write. I haven’t written one since fifth grade though…LOL!

Ooh, Character Castle sounds fun; I think I might join it if I have time! Thank you for inviting me! Where can I find that?

LOL, oh, alright. I’ll be nice. XD

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@Noah Cochran Howdy! Thanks for greeting me! 😀

Ooh, medieval history; that does sound cool! What’s your favorite medieval history book so far, and why?

Glad you’ve been writing! Definitely quite the journey, isn’t it? 😉

I’m a plantser; so I constantly find myself creating new novels. XD I’ve finished one that needs to be edited, and I’m focusing (sort of) mainly on another. The WIP that needs to be finished is inspired by a friend of mine who’s gone through a few similar situations mentioned in the book. However, the novel is about two sisters who live rather contrasting lives and never knew about their relations until they meet each other and some things start to connect.

That was long; I apologize. I should make a better summary for that, shouldn’t I? 😀

Now what’s your WIP about? I’d like to know! 😀

Let’s see here…Spoons is considered a card game because it has cards, right? LOL! Phase 10 is a good one, and Uno is alright. Apples to Apples is…fascinating. LOL! Haven’t played it in a couple of years to determine if I could choose that as a favorite of mine or not. Other than those, I haven’t ventured much outside of those games.

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@Rose Hello there! 😀 LOL, I’m sure it’s not as chaotic as Christian Writers is… *pauses to ensure that I’m safe to say that* And thank you that I’m not the only weird one. *bows majestically*

Ooh, you’ve been writing for over a year; nice! What’s the main premise of your stories? LOL, relatable!! That’s why we edit…over time…maybe over several months…LOL!

Oh, my, weaponizing an Edwardian gown…LOL! That must be…quite the sketch. XD I’m into those older fashions of the day, such as those long gowns they wore back then…AHHHHH THE BEAUTY OF THEM!!! 😀 I’m that one label known as Outgoing Entertainer…I forgot the personality short definition thing to that. LOL! In reality though, I’m an ambivert, probably leaning more to being an extrovert though.

LOL, relatable, only I don’t do digital art. What have you been drawing so far?

I’d scream at that, only I’d probably just say you’re better off not seeing any of them IMHO…LOL! Ooh, yay, twinsies on parentheses!! XD What about asterisks? *eyes*

Mainly Christian fiction; I don’t tend to stray away from it…LOL! I constantly make new WIPs and have one finished in dire need of editing, but my current WIP is what I summarized to Noah (so above this message). It probably makes no sense, but I’d need to make a better summary of that. XD

Ooh, favorite books? I haven’t read much since this past summer and don’t have much time for it now, but I do like Silas Marner, a Christian classic by George Eliot (pen name of Mary Ann Evans; highly recommend it!!!). And what about you, m’lady?

I think the favorite part about my WIP is the turtle necklace. XD Yes, I know it sounds weird, but it’s the one thing that brings the two girls together.

Now, spill the beans–what’s your WIP about?? And what’s your favorite part about it? *Yes, yes, I’m allowed to Uno reverse card you.*

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@the-unwavering-writer

*gasp* So you’re the Dutch Blitz legend that I’ve heard so much of!!!  You may not have heard of me, but back in the day (*ahem, well, not that long ago* *cough*) I used to be a Dutch Blitz legend myself.

Anyway, I’m Lily and it’s very nice to meet you!  I also haven’t watched Marvel, so I won’t yell.  Have you ever seen Star Wars?

You’re WIP sounds interesting; how long have you been working on it?

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@Bethania Gauterius Howdy! Thanks for welcoming me! 😀 YESSSSSSS, TWINSIES IN PUNCTUATION AND GRAMMAR AND PARENTHESES!!! WHOOP WHOOP! 😀 I’ve only heard of the Oxford Comma rule at least a couple of times; so I’d have to look into it to give a definite answer. For what I know, I’ve been taught commas as well as noticed their placement in books. XD What are your thoughts on it?

Hmm…Into the Spiderverse really isn’t my cup of tea. There were parts that were funny, but I wasn’t big on the rap music in it. Again, Marvel movies most likely won’t be my thing. What movies happen to be your thing? 😀

I’ve done limericks, haikus (that was back in fifth grade though…LOL!), and, well, poems in general. XD I’m pretty sure I’ve done others, but memory doesn’t say…

Hey, at least it rhymes! There are some poems that don’t rhyme, and I suppose that’s alright. LOL!

Nice to meet you too! 😀

The Unwavering Writer
    @the-unwavering-writer

@imwritehere1920 *with head high in the air and a snooty disposition* Yes, yes, I’m quite renown around here. Now, scatter, peasant; a match with the Queen of England calls. Pshaw, the woman can hardly differentiate a six from a nine, let alone keep up with the game at her age!

LOL, I’m kidding. Why’d you lose your Dutch Blitz legendary streak?? You should’ve kept it….LOL!

LOL, yay, another person who has watched hardly if any Marvel movies!! Nope, I’ve never watched Star Wars either! Then again, that wouldn’t be my cup of tea either.

Thank you! I’ve been working on it since possibly April or early May of last year…It’s taking a while. XD What’s your WIP about? And what genre do you write?

Nice to meet you too, Lily! Hope to see you around some more Lord willing!

(Also, you and everyone else who reads this can call me Amelia instead of my rather lengthy username. XD)

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@the-unwavering-writer

Instead of naming a single book (that’s kinda impossible xD), I’ll name a couple authors. Dan Jones (best known for his book on the Plantagenet, I’m currently reading his Wars of the Roses one), is absolutely fantastic. Makes it interesting, but includes tons of info and references from contemporary sources. Frances and Joseph Gies are the definitively best source for learning about day to day life in the middle ages. Their life in the medieval Castle, Village, and City books are phenomenal, and even after reading them, I continue to search  them for info when I’m writing.

Keep up the writing, let me know if you ever publish anything and I’ll check it out. 🙂

The stand alone novel I’m working on is a action adventure novel set in medieval France, so it is historical fiction, but all events and characters are fictional (though historical things are referenced). I’m hoping to finish it and start editing this November. 🙂 I’ll write up an actual synopsis sometime (as you mentioned doing yourself 🙂 ), but for now, I’ll just say that the title is “The Thief’s Dilemma,” and the book begins with one of the main characters, Hugon, a thief. 🙂

Spoons is chaotic, I’ve played some pretty crazy games of it. xD

solanelle
    @calidris

@the-unwavering-writer of course!  We’re so happy to have you here!

I was a huge fan of the art style of the movie.  A lot of cg movies nowadays look bland and uninspired, and sometimes just plain ugly.  I thought it was super cool how they were able to have a cg movie that really captured the feel of a comic book, while still managing to be something completely new and different.  It was really creative, and in my opinion, it just looked so good!  I also really like the characters, and I really like stories involving weird time and reality bending stuff (Interstellar is another one of my favorites – I plan on watching a lot of Christopher Nolan’s stuff one day.)  I have to be honest, I thought that it was really cool how they were able to mix rap with traditional orchestral pieces for the soundtrack, but that all comes down to preference.

1. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Silas Marner before.  I’ll have to check it out!  I completely agree about Christian romance books – insincere is the perfect way to describe it.  In all honesty, I haven’t come across much Christian media that I feel really captures the truth of the Gospel and of Christ, but that could be because I don’t really read/watch it.  I feel like nowadays it’s gotten very watered down and shallow – which is unappealing to both Christians and non-believers alike.  I think that my favorite Christian book series has to be the Chronicles of Narnia.  It is just so heartfelt, and the books are genuinely well written and hold up even as you get older.

I actually don’t read much fiction – mainly because I can’t find books I like.  I do really like books about lesser known points in history, really the stuff you don’t learn about in school.  If you ever want recommendations, I have plenty 🙂

My current project, Spire, is a dystopian fantasy revolving around a resistance party’s efforts to prevent a corrupt city from being destroyed.  I honestly haven’t been doing that much writing outside of the character castles, though.  I’m pretty sure others have already asked you this, but what’s your WIP about?

2. Oh man, they’re so good though!  But, you shouldn’t watch them if you’re not into it – they are really, really long (especially if you’re watching the extended editions).  I love lotr – both the books and the movies!  You know, I don’t think I’ve done a haiku since third grade, so we’re on the same page there.  I’m talking about Haikyuu, which is a fantastic sports anime about a high school boys volleyball team.  I recently started the 4th season, so I’m nearing the end 🙁  But, there’s supposed to be a 5th one coming out sometime this year, so we’ll see!  I don’t know how much you’ll like it, but I absolutely love it – and this is coming from a person who hated sports lol

You can probably find the character castles in the recent activity page of the forum 🙂

I’m looking forward to seeing you there, if you choose to join!   You can drop characters in or take them out whenever you want, so there’s no pressure 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@the-unwavering-writer

*tosses hair*

Well, my dear Amelia, we shan’t talk of the queen.  Or her nephew!  Really, there’s a difference between the plough and the carriage image in Dutch Blitz!  Poor chap, needs his eyesight checked XD

Peasant, hmm?  Something my sister likes to call me… that or plebeian…😉

Ahem, anyway, it’s really nice to meet you, Amelia (I’ll try to remember your name; apologies in advance as I sometimes forget names *sheepish grin*).

As for my Dutch Blitz streak, I must admit, my younger sister took the lead for a bit…. then I regained it with my honor…. then life happened and the game sorta fell by the wayside.  I’d challenge you to a friendly contest, but, that might be hard on this forum 😛

Ah, no worries.  I know Star Wars isn’t for everyone.  And I feel ya, my middle-grade WIP has been taking it’s own sweet time as well (it’s basically about a brother and sister who must rescue a lost phoenix.  It’s more complex than that, but that’s the gist.)  I write mostly in children’s and middle grade fantasy/dystopian.

By the way, that’s an adorable duck and puppy in your profile pic.  Are they your’s?

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

solanelle
    @calidris

@imwritehere1920 @the-unwavering-writer I was wondering that too!  They’re both so cute, but that duck is looking especially plush and huggable

*laughs as one fey*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest