fb

Howdy from down South (of the US anyway haha)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy from down South (of the US anyway haha)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Brooka
    @brooka3

Hey y’all! So as the topic title insinuates, I am from the southeastern part of the US. Ya know that “land mass” (and yes a friend actually told me that they have heard it called that before) between Louisiana and Alabama? Yep. Mississippi. That’s the one. I personally think it’s the best, but ya know, I may be just a bit biased 😛

I am an INTP-A (for all you MBTI people out there haha). I LOVE reading and (obvi) writing. I play piano, ukulele, and approximately one song on the guitar (along with a few other random instruments haha). Despite being an introvert, I love hanging out and playing games with my close friends and family:) Also, I am currently involved in Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), which consists of a group of teenagers in my church sharing the gospel with about 50 kids at the local YMCA (after-school program) on a weekly basis. Quite a nerve wracking experience for my introverted self haha. 😀

Oh! And I am in the process of joining the OYAN forum right now too! I’m waiting for them to approve my account:)

Eeek. I prolly shoulda mentioned this at the beginning but ya know what’s chronological order good for anyway?… *chuckles nervously* So yeah…. I’m a girl in her mid-teenage years. Yep. That’s all I had to say. Talk about anti-climactic. But ya know, whatever lol.

Brooka out.*fist bump to no one in particular* *takes a deep breath* *presses submit*

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Brooka.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Brooka.

infp-t // enneagram type 4w3
    of the Meraki guild (aka the best)

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@brooka3

*accepts fist bump* Howdy! I go by Wordsmith, though some call me by another name, which I will not reveal here. I live in the massive state to your left (facing the map), and might be considered a Texan.

Welcome to Story Embers! I am their unofficial greeter! I am an ENTJ (I think), but mostly just go my extroverted. I play the Mountain Ocarina by ear, and hope to be reading music some day.

My passion in writing presents itself mostly in short stories, which you will find on my blog (a story, not life, blog) in my signature.

What kind of writing do you enjoy the most (that is if you do write)?

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Martin Detwiler
    @karthmin

Welcome to the Story Embers forum! I think you’ll like it here. 🙂

*returns fist-bump* Take a look around and make yourself at home! There’s some nice nooks and crannies full of fun interaction and also discussion about our favorite topic: WRITING!!!

I’m not a Southerner myself, but the few times I’ve visited, I have to say that the humidity simply kills. Ohio is a much better land mass, in my opinion. 😂

Anyway, state loyalties aside, what kind of writing do you like to do?

Areth,

Karthmin

myths don't die

Brooka
    @brooka3

Nice to meet you! @wordsmith

I love writing fiction! Preferably fantasy 😉

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Cool! I enjoy fantasy, or superhero-ish!

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Brooka
    @brooka3

@karthmin

Yeah, the humidity can get pretty rough down here haha 😀

Fantasy, all the way!

Brooka
    @brooka3

@wordsmith

Yeah, fantasy rocks! XD

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

Greetings, new member! *sweeping bow* I think you’ll find this place to your liking and discover many kindred spirits among the writers, dragons, editors, catwings, elves and sister-elves, wordsmiths, realmbuilders and general chaos causers.

I am an NFP and pretty evenly split between I and E. I could describe myself exactly as how you did in relation to that. I LOVE reading and writing as well. I play piano, approximately one song on the guitar, two songs on the recorder, and one song on the harmonica.

Who are some of your favorite authors and what is your favorite kind of pie? Mine are Andrew Peterson, Josiah Degraaf, Kate Flournoy, George MacDonald, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Ivy Rose. And I love pumpkin pie. Well, I love a plate of whipped cream with a little pumpkin pie on the side. XD

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Brooka
    @brooka3

@anne-of-lothlorien

I’m sure I will! I’m so excited about joining!

Oh cool! Haha, well if you wanna get technical about it, I’m really like INTx 😀 But I’m more P than J so I just always say that I’m INTP haha.

Hmm, K.A. Emmons, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Chuck Black are the main ones I can think of right now haha.

As for my favorite pie, I think it’s probably apple pie:D Oh yeah, I like pumpkin pie too 😀

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@brooka3  Ooh, Chuck Black, nice one. I read the Kingdom series and the Knight series but haven’t gotten around to the Cloak of Light series yet. Don’t know how I feel about the seeing the angels and demons thing. Not that I’m denying they’re there, but that I don’t know if God allows people to truly see them.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@brooka3, Howdy! I consider myself from the south if North Carolina is considered south in your mind. I play piano too! I play by ear. How ’bout you? Have you ever heard Erin Bates play? Watch this video and tell me what you think.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVFH3OhBfQ

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@parker I’ve heard her before; it’s beautiful!

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

YAY for another southerner (too many northerners on this forum!) and YAY for another INTP! Nice to meet ya.

😉

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@anne-of-lothlorien, I agree!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Brooka
    @brooka3

@anne-of-lothlorien

Yeah, I’ve read the Kingdom series and the Knight series a ton of times haha. I love both of them! I just recently read the Wars of the Realm trilogy and I loved it! But yeah, I totally agree with you about the angels and demons thing.

@parker

Oh NC is such a beautiful state! My family and I go on vacation around there every fall! I love it!

Cool! I can kinda play by ear but I mostly read music haha 😀 Yes! I have heard her play! But that video is amazing! I would love to be able to play like that someday.

@elizabeth

Haha! Nice to meet you too!! I know all too few INTPs! XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest