fb

Howdy Folks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Evan
    @acting-ambassador

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello wonderful people of Story Embers! I am a writer, photographer, videographer, and actor among many, many, other things. I love stories and trying new things, and so I joined Story Embers. I hope that we can converse in the future and share constructive criticism. In till then, adieu.</p>

Cordially,

Evan.

“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the

Anonymous

You like acting? Me too! I haven’t done any real acting before but I’m very dramatic and I’m starting drama classes next month!

Oh, my apologies, @acting-ambassador, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Millennium, Skyraider and Aetherlighter. I have wings. (That’s what being a Skyraider means.) Points at profile picture.

I have a pet dragon that I can communicate with. (I speak dragon)

Dragon bounces in. Talks in the dragon language a moment.

Yeah…this is Moondust. Don’t made him mad. He doesn’t breath fire but moon dust that can blind you. (Temporarily 😉)

Yeah…So I have a water power. I only recently discovered it. It looks really weird when I freak out and water will drip off my whole body. I know, odd. I can also sense people’s emotions and can sense if someone is nearby.

I also like to sing. And listen too music. A lot.

Anyway, there are sky to explore, people to meet, the Scarlet Man to consult and bow down too, and books to write.

Spreads wings

See you in the skies!

E. Grace
    @emgc

Hi @acting-ambassador!

Welcome to Story Embers!

I’ve had a small career in acting as well, though I think I prefer working behind the stages better.

What primary genres do you like to write in?  I mostly write sci-fi and fantasy, though I have a wide variety of interests.

What are your favorite books/authors?

See you around the forum!

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Evan
    @acting-ambassador

Hello @emgc,

Pardon how long I took to respond. As far as genres go I am not certain what genre is my favorite to write in, but I do like including bits of history and culture in my stories. I also quite like to make a statement about the current state of politics and humanity etc. as I feel that it is important to raise awareness for these issues. I guess you could say I am interested in sci-fi, fantasy, and historical fiction, that is supposing I had to say. I am not certain of all of my favorite books, but I do know I love “My Side of the mountain” by George, “War Horse” by Morpurgo, and very informative reading (eg. textbooks, and essays). I also quite enjoyed “The Guardians of Ga’Hoole” series by Lasky, “Unlikely Warrior” by Rauch, and “Divergent” by Roth. That is just a general survey of my interests in storytelling, but I shall stop before I bore the server that has to store this. I will see you around the forum, keep on telling those stories.

Cordially,

Evan.

@millennium-m Enjoy your drama classes, they are a great way to learn about the art of acting but do an audition for a play soon, they may teach you twice as much as the classes. It will be a lot of work and a lot of time but it is so worth it if that is where your interests lie.

Farewell,

Evan.

Cordially,

Evan.

E. Grace
    @emgc

@acting-ambassador

No worries.  🙂

Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres to read! I especially like works by G. A. Henty.

Ooh, “The Guardians of Ga’Hoole” is a fun one.  Kathryn Lasky is one of my favorite authors.

Are you planning to join a guild?

Nice meeting you!

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@acting-ambassador

Welcome to Story Embers, Evan! Aha, a fellow multi-talented person! I am Dekreel, an artist, photographer, photo and video editor, writer, musician, percussionist, geek, etc. . .

Do you know your Myerrs Briggs type? (Am I spelling that right?)

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Evan
    @acting-ambassador

Hello @dekreel, I am an INFP-A or the mediator type according to the Myers-Briggs test. Being multitalented is great but it makes it really hard to explain to people what exactly you like to do… “Oh yes, the one thing that I enjoy doing most is video editing, reading, photography sewing… oh and one more thing….” I would not change it for all of the money the world though. What are your favorite genres? Do you have a favorite story universe (from a book, movie, tv show, poem, etc.)?

@emgc
    Nice to meet you too, I am planning to join a guild eventually but I am not certain which one… Probably sci-fi or historical fiction though. But, we shall see where I am accepted (after I apply that is…) Perhaps I will find you in discussion soon? At any rate, I hope to see you around.

Cordially,

Evan.

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@acting-ambassador  So relatable though. . . XP  It makes it really difficult trying to figure out what to do with your life. “I think I’ll be a missionary to Mexico! NO WAIT, a writer. NO NO NO, a graphic designer. WAIT, ACTUALLY. . .” 😛

I like historical fiction in books, sci-fi in movies and TV (especially Dr Who), not sure about writing, but STEAMPUNK in all of the above. Steampunk is awesome. 😛

My favorite story universe is currently Aethasia from the game The Aetherlight. If you don’t play that game already, PLAY IT. Aislinn, Millennium, Joseph, Ariella, Iliara and several other Ember-peeps can back me up on this. 😎

Coffee, tea or both? (Or neither. Personally, I’m “neither.” 😛 )

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Cindy Green
    @cindy

Hey, nice to see you here! @acting-ambassador and I go way back, but it’s more comfortable for all involved if we don’t speak of the stories we used to write as little kids… 😀

Evan
    @acting-ambassador

Yep, @cindy, and I are old friends. I have to say though, I forget how old we were when we first met, but that almost seems like forever and a day ago. One might even say “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…” (I don’t need a citation for that one.) I will agree with Cindy though, it would be best if we did not mention those old stories that we used to tell…

I will see you around,

Evan.

Cordially,

Evan.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@acting-ambassador AH!! Another fellow writer who likes acting and photography!! =DDD I’ve never acted in anything professional, just little movies with siblings and friends, but I L.O.V.E. it and would sooo love to go to drama school sometime. xD

What kinds of things do you like photographing?

Oh, and btw, I’m Joy. 😛 It’s a pleasure to meet you; welcome to Story Embers! 😀

*cartwheels out*

E. Grace
    @emgc

@acting-ambassador

Yeah, you’ll probably see me around… somewhere… I can be surprisingly unsocial at times, but when something sparks my interest, I’m bound to speak up.

Join a guild soon! I guarantee you’ll love them.  They’re a lot of fun. 🙂

So, you mentioned you have a wide variety of interests.  Do you happen to have any interests in music (just curious)?

Evan
    @acting-ambassador

Hey @storyjoy I am currently studying media and theatre at university, so I could recommend a few places if you would like to go to university to study theatre. I would definitely say that you should continue to make those short films with your friends, and get involved in local theatre productions, they are really great for getting you comfortable with an audience. Also, I don’t know whether you have already started doing this, but have you wrote any of these short films?

As far as photography goes, I am still figuring out what my favourite things are to photograph However, I  know I like street photography, portraiture (though I need to do it more), and macro (specifically flowers, I love taking photos of flowers.)

Thanks for asking, I would love to hear what you like taking pictures of most. It is really a fun and easy thing to do! If you don’t mind me asking, have you invested in a camera yet? I personally have a cheap camera, and it is one of the best investments that I have made to date.

I need to add a signature but, here is what it would look like.

Cordially,

Evan.

Cordially,

Evan.

Evan
    @acting-ambassador

@emgc Yes I love music and I quite enjoy singing, but I am not great at any instrument that I have ever picked up, except maybe a hand drum… as long as I don’t start singing… As far as genres go, I am a big fan of rock, and hip hop, with a little bit of christian rap and folk mixed in. Perhaps I will find you in a guild, @emgc, I have just finished my application and we will have to see where I am placed.

Cordially,

Evan.

Cordially,

Evan.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@acting-ambassador Thanks! Unfonrtunately, I can pretty much never guarantee I’m never gonna get to actually study acting/theatre, soo… 🙁 But yeah, thanks! 😀

Yeah, I’ve written/co-written almost all of them. 😀

Nice! Street photography looks so cool, though I’ve never gotten the chance to do it myself. 😀 Yeah, I mainly like photographing nature, or candid-type shots of people. 😀

Yes, last year I bought a Canon Rebel T5. 😀 What kind of camera do you have?

So nice to meet you! 😀

*cartwheels out*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest