fb

How many words have you written in a day?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions How many words have you written in a day?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

So… How many words in one WiP have you ever written in a single day?  I’m really curious as to how much other writers have written in a day, and this seems like the perfect place to ask.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ashlyvye I think the most I’ve ever written in a day is about 3,000 or 4,000. My average is typically 2,000 words for a day.

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Anonymous

@mariposa  Wow, that’s really good, great job!

So I take it you’re not a procrastinator much?

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ashlyvye I do procrastinate sometimes. 😉 But I’m the type of person who likes getting things done or else I go crazy. 😅

However, for days when I’m doing something else besides writing, I write more like 500 or 1,000 words (except of course, when I have writer’s block, in which case I’m lucky to write one word). 😅 I don’t write every day though because that doesn’t always work out with my art projects and other things.

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

My highest word count in a day is 9,529. (Not counting the day I wrote 15k+, because that was all literally rewriting something I’d already written.) My normal range is anywhere from 450 to… 4,500, maybe? It usually falls somewhere in the 1 or 2 thousands. Unless I’m being an awful procrastinator and write absolutely nothing or the bare minimum of 450 (sometimes a bit higher) to achieve my streak for the day on 4thewords.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

My current highest word count in a single day was during Nano, at 16,000 words. It was very long day….

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Should I be keeping track of how many words I write each day?

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Snapper
    @snapper

The most I’ve ever written in a day is 6k. I usually write 1000 a day, although nowadays I don’t write much at all because I’m split between editing and school.

Summer though.

In the summer I have to write.

I need to.

*melts chair*

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.