fb

How Emotional Do Guys Get? (Guys, I need your help please…)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions How Emotional Do Guys Get? (Guys, I need your help please…)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

So… I recently decided that I needed help with this. I have several male characters. Important characters. And… seeing as I’m a girl… I really have no idea about their emotions…

So, do you guys keep your emotions bottled up inside or let them out or what? Especially in tense situations. Like, REALLY tense.

And… now for the tagging of the few guys I know of… @i-david @theinconceivable1 @parker @thewirelessblade @jzhurricane @daeus-lamb

"You can dance with my henchman."

Parker Hankins
    @parker

I tend to keep my emotions bottled up most of the time. Sometimes in very very intense situations, it might come out as an explosion. But my emotions can come out as anger sometimes.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@parker

Thanks! -takes notes- That sounds about right for Markus…

(You know that actually sounds kinda like one of my girl MCs too… XD)

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Good!

😮 XD!!!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Jzhurricane
    @jzhurricane

@kari-karast

Thanks for asking for my opinion. I don’t feel like my opinion is really worthwhile yet since I’m so new but since you asked I’ll share briefly.

As a guy, I am fairly quiet. When I want to talk I talk, but when I don’t feel like talking I’m quiet. I keep my emotions private, If I feel something you won’t know about it. It doesn’t mean that I don’t feel things, I just don’t let people see it. I would best describe it as something along the lines of Four from Divergent(even though I hate it.) It’s just how I am though, and I’ll be the first to say I’m strangely different than most people.

Hope it makes sense…

Don’t let me leave Murph!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@jzhurricane

Hey. It doesn’t matter how new you are! You still have an opinion, don’t you?

Thanks! This is all very helpful!

Yes. I do believe it all makes sense and that I understand.

(-does’t know what Divergent is though-)

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

I’m an ENFP and have been in tense situations. I’ve cried before (shock). If it’s a personal matter, tears don’t matter. If it’s around people, I’ll try and contain myself. Though I’ve let it go before. It all depends on the person.

*Forum Signature here*

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast You should read the Do Teen Guys Cry topic.  Its really good and might help you.

@wordsmith
    I’m tagging you in case you want to answer her. 😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@thewirelessblade

Thank you very much!

“It all depends on the person.”

So very true.

-realizes I just used ‘very’ twice- Oh well.

@ashira

I’ve looked at it. But I think I remember it being too specific or something. I don’t remember… -goes to look at it again-

Aha! Wordsmith! That’s who I forgot to tag! I knew it was someone but I couldn’t remember who.

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@kari-karast: hehe, hehe, he… *crosses his arms*

I refuse to talk about emotions.

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@theinconceivable1

*evil writer`s laughter*

Oh really!?!?!?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@theinconceivable1

Please?

Also, everyone who was already tagged who I shall now tag again… @i-david @daeus-lamb @jzhurricane @thewirelessblade @parker @wordsmith

So… if there was this specific situation… how would you react? Or how do you think you would react?

The situation is this:

If you had absolutely no idea what was going on whatsoever. And you didn’t know what or why or how this was happening. And you had to leave the only home you’d ever known because of something that you had previously thought didn’t exist.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@kari-karast I would become hyper-focused on the situation and interpreting new data. I would put aside emotions and process them later.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Parker Hankins
    @parker

I would not think about anything and just react, even though my actions might be crazy. Then afterward, I would realize all that happened and I would be angry, depressed, and I don’t know what. I’d be so mixed up.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@daeus-lamb @parker

Ok… -jots down more notes- Thanks! This is all super helpful!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.