fb

Hooah

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Dakota
    @dakota

@wolverinerm Cool! Those are really cute dogs!

Poetry just a natural with me. I like stories but for the longest time I couldn’t create a believable character. I’m just now getting better at that. Mostly I write lyrical poetry.

What else do you like to you? I like shooting sports, hunting, various handcrafts, swimming and gardening.

Jack: “Hey!” *Walks over with a outstretched hand* “Jackson Ford’s the name but just call me Jack.”

Alan: *looks after, then turns to Megyn* “Are you a – a – social person?”

Megyn: *smiles at little at his awkwardness* ” Yes, I try to be.”

Alan: “Then, umm – let’s go over and – and – ah- say hi!” *laughs awkwardly*

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@dakota @wolverinerm ***gahh sorry this has taken me so long***

Grace: *gives Megyn a small smile and looks back forward*

Kiet: *in whisper to Megyn* Don’t let her scare you. It’s not that she dislikes you, it’s just that–well, if it explains things, she’s an INTJ. *laughs* I thought she hated me when we first got to know each other. It made me crazy not knowing why.

Tai: *is still recovering from laughing at Alan’s awkwardness for the past ten minutes*

Dari: *punches Tai*

Tai: *punches him back* Anyway, yeah, Kiet and I are essentially brothers, too.

Kiet: *mutters something under his breath with a hidden grin*

Tai: What was that?

Kiet: *shakes his head*

Grace: He said that that means he’s assigned with reminding you of common sense at least three times a day.

Tai: Hey! *tries to pounce Kiet*

Kiet: *laughs and slips out from under Tai just in time and disappears up a tree*

Kedori: *walks in with a confused look on his face* *pulls out chalk and scribbles on a slate* What’s going on?

Grace: *takes chalk and writes under his words* Tai’s at it again. 

Kedori: *loses all appearance of concern* Oh, okay.

***Kedori’s deaf, by the way***

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Dakota
    @dakota

@naiya-dyani That’s all okay! 🙂 How have ya been?

Alan: *grins and dives after Tai and Kiet*

Jack:*mutters with a smirk to Harley* “Sometimes I gotta wonder if he has any dignity.” *Starts laughing quietly* “He’s fresh out of college, if that’s a good enough excuse for his lack of maturity!”

Megyn nodded to Kiet, then laughed softly as he Tai roughhoused. Then she smiled  at Harley and Nigel. “Hello! I’m Megyn Harris.”

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@dakota Ooh, I love shooting and hunting!! What do you hunt? My two big things aside from writing are running and horseback riding (…busy life means I don’t get to go to the range as much as I’d like 😆).

@naiya-dyani
    Okay, I just love it so much that you have a deaf character. Any type of special-needs character in fiction is just… 😍 😍 (That’s a bit of my passion…)

Nigel: Hey Megyn! And…everyone. What do you guys do? *eyes Kiet* I feel for ya, buddy. Oh, and Harley’s the kind to come across as possibly hating you, too.

Harley: I do not.

Nigel: How would you know?

Harley: *ignores him and reaches for Kedori’s slate with a slight smile* Nigel here’s trying to prove I’m shy.

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
    He just smiles and says, it’s the way that I was raised

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@wolverinerm

Hey Kassie!!!

Ceud mile failte

Dakota
    @dakota

@wolverinerm

Mostly I bow hunt deer, occasionally hunting squirrels with a shotgun. I’m involved with my county 4-h Shooting sports club as a coordinator.

Jack: “Mostly I keep Alan from killing himself!” *laughs* “Since we’re both firemen, that means I have my hands full.”

*Alan jerks up at the sounds of his name, excuses himself from the wrestling match and comes over* “Sorry.”

Megyn: *nods to Alan, then to Nigel* “Lots of different things, though music and horses  are my main passions.”

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@wolverinerm Hey there! Welcome to the awesome castle of havoc-wreaking awesomeness, known as Story Embers XD Even if you’ve been stalking around the forums for a while, you haven’t yet experienced the full awesomeness 😛

My name’s Livi! *gives you Captain Jack Sparrow’s two-fingered salute* Great to have ya! I’m gonna try to keep my introduction short, just giving you the essential basics XD

I’m fifteen, homeschooled, I’m a Tolkienite, and a Jedi-in-training (I wish). I have a younger brother, and we have two dogs, a cat, a turkey, about two dozen chickens and a dozen ducks. *nods*

I enjoy playing table tennis, practicing archery (I need to get a bow with the right draw length… the one I have is too small), drawing, writing, reading, cooking, being a general dork, fishing, eating my Mama’s homemade bread right out of the oven with butter, teaching myself the piano, trying to learn Spanish, driving, and hanging out with both online and “real life” friends.

Things I don’t enjoy so much are hot dogs, people who don’t use their blinkers, the sticky part of sticky notes, chalk, watching football, trying to understand geometry (it’s really not that bad, but I don’t care for anything much having to do with mathematics), waiting for season 2 of The Mandalorian to come out, cold weather, hot weather, and paper cuts.

Some favorite books are: Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit, the Ranger’s Apprentice series, Airman, the Percy Jackson series, and Edgar Allen Poe’s works.

Favorite movies and TV series are: The Greatest Showman, Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit, The Cat From Outer Space, The Mandalorian, Star Wars, the live action Aladdin, M*A*S*H*, and Sherlock Holmes (starring Basil Rathbone).

Some favorite songs are: I See Fire – Ed Sheeran, River Flows in You – Yiruma, It’s a Beautiful Day – Michael Buble, Peggy Sue -Buddy Holly, most everything by the Backstreet Boys, and most everything by Shawn Mendes.

I could sit here all day listing my favorite songs XD But I shall spare you, unless you’d like literally 300 song suggestions 😛

I love asking and answering questions, so feel free to ask me anything! Here’s some questions for ya:

Favorite songs? Favorite movies? Do you like to cook? Favorite season? Can you play any instruments? Speak any other languages? What’s a little-known fact about you?

Ooh and since we’re bringing our OCs in!!! Here’s some of mine, who live in a fantasy world in a year that would be roughly like our 12th century:

Gwen: *waves* Hello everyone!

Stilton: Livi, you couldn’t have waited until after I finished this aria? *folds up half-finished sheet music and stuffs it into a pocket* *checks to make sure his lyre didn’t get broken*

Greyl: *Nods to everyone* *goes back to studying his maps*

Me, to my characters: Ok guys, I’m gonna go around and you’re each gonna say how old you are, three random facts, and one thing you hate, and one thing you love, ok? Gwen, you go first.

Gwen: Well, I’m 23, I’m really good with medicinal herbs, I like to bake scones, and I have a dagger on me at all times. I hate people who think I can’t tell when they’re lying, and I love walking in the woods by myself.

Stilton: I’m 28. I’m a musician, I like to garden, and I’m a volunteer member of the city’s Guard Corporation. I hate when I get stuck on a piece of music, and I love… *blushes as a thought occurs to him and glances quickly at Gwen* …I uh. I love Gwen… ‘s scones. *excuses self to get some water*

Greyl: I’m 61, and-

Gwen: Woah woah woah. You’re 61??

Me: *interjects to explain to the readers* Ok so Greyl is this little, short man who looks Chinese and looks about a million years old. He does not by any means look 61.

Gwen: You can’t be 61.

Greyl. I am 61. I have had 61 birthdays. I was born on leap year.

Gwen: *is processing this* So you’re, in years, about… 247.

Greyl: *nods*

Gwen: *blinks* Okay then. Carry on.

Greyl: Thank you. I am 61. I am one of the last {word in his language}; one of the last People of the Trees. I like to make and study maps, and I always carry my shovel with me. I hate the Riders, and I love being alone with my thoughts.

Me: *beams* Thank you, guys! *turns to everyone else* Any questions for anyone?

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@seekjustice Heyyy Chelsea!! 💕

@dakota
    Ooh, I’d love to go deer hunting but our county works on a kind of lottery and I haven’t gotten drawn yet… Squirrel hunting though… 👏

@anne_the_noob14
    Hey! Thanks for that fun intro. 👍 I was homeschooled too…I kinda take it for granted and forget to mention it. 😉 I’ve never seen The Greatest Showman but I have some fun memories of that soundtrack, which I was just talking about today! And hey, you’re the first person I’ve ever met who didn’t like hot dogs. 😂

Favorite songs… My top favorite is “What It Takes” from Montgomery Gentry, but I have a whole stack of favorites… “Airborne Ranger Infantry” (Kristy Lee Cook), “For You” (Keith Urban), “Stand” (Rascal Flatts), basically every diehard-American Toby Keith song, almost everything from Tim McGraw… 😂

Favorite movies… Act of Valor, Overcomer, Red Dawn (1984) (“WolverineRM” is one big Red Dawn reference), Indivisible, Return to the Hiding Place, all three Cars movies…and Band of Brothers which is technically a TV show but so deserves to be on this list… 💙

Nope, I can’t stand cooking…food makes me squeamish. 😆 (says the girl who just listed off like five blood-and-guts war movies…)

I can play a little laundry list of instruments but I don’t enjoy it…I’d rather just sing. 😝

日本語を話します‼︎ I can speak conversational-level Japanese and I love it so much. 🇯🇵

Uhh… *racks my brain* I’ve been indirectly struck by lightning? 😟  (Several of my friends know that, but I’m pretty sure it’s still a little-known fact, lol.)

Okay, I’ll ask some! What’s your pets’ names? What’s your dream job? If you could sit and talk to anyone ever, who would it be?

Harley: *grins at Megyn’s mention of music but stays quiet again because now there’s even more people* *nods to Greyl*

Nigel: *to Jack* I feel like we’re gonna get along well. *laughs*  *pretends to slap Stilton* Yeah right, her scones! Well, if we’re all gonna go around doing this, I’m nineteen, I’ve known Harley since I was three, I’m a chaplain’s bodyguard, and… *draws a blank*

Harley: *quietly* And it was your idea to join after 9-11.

Nigel: *just grins* There’s not much I can honestly say I hate…maybe when Harley totally skunks me in Stratego. I love anything I can do outside. *glances at Har, who looks back at him pleadingly* Okay, Harley’s eighteen, he’s an ISTP, he’s pretty reckless, and part of his reason for joining the Army was to continue trailing me around.

Harley: *mutters* Was not.

Nigel: *shakes head* He absolutely hates it when people make no effort to understand, and he loves his truck.

Harley: Now that is true.

Nigel: Of course it is.

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@wolverinerm

How’s things been?

Also, I imagine you guys have heard, but in Australia we’ve been honouring the three ex-military US fire crew that died fighting the fires here. I just wanted to tell you in particular that we’re so very grateful for their sacrifice.

Hopefully one of your American country singers will write a song about them soon 🙂

Ceud mile failte

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@wolverinerm (sorry I’m going to catch up on the other conversation elements but. . . )

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh 日本語!!!!!!! (I is learning it)

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@wolverinerm Ah cool!! I saw somewhere in the thread that you live in Texas (I think), too! So that’s also cool 😛

*grins* It’s an awesome movie… And yeah, I don’t like hot dogs 😛 Ok, well… I don’t like any hot dogs besides the ones I had a long time ago that my mom homemade the bun and wiener. She spoiled me for her hot dogs and now I don’t like any others 😀

Oooh nice! I’m not as big of a fan of country music as I used to be, but Keith Urban has some awesome ones. I like Never Comin’ Down, We Were, and Cop Car.

I’ve heard of all of those movies, but never seen them 🙂

Lol!! Squeamish in what way? Like you don’t even like eating? 😛

*nods* I feel ya there… I can play the guitar (some), and like I mentioned, the piano. Piano is just so much easier than the guitar… And I like singing, but not in front of people XD

And yeah. I have no clue what that says XD XD

Ooh. That’s very cool. Wait. Why did I say that XD Sorry, writer brain kicking in. It wants to scream a whole bunch of questions like HOW DOES ONE GET “INDIRECTLY” STRUCK BY LIGHTNING? DID IT HURT? WHAT DID IT FEEL LIKE? And my “regular person” brain is going Oh my gosh what happened??

Pets’ names!! Let’s see… I named our cat Moonstone way back when we first got her. Actually… she found us (she’s a stray who wandered up to our house) XD And we just call her Mama Kitty now cause she brought up a kitten a couple weeks after she started coming to our house regularly, so it stuck. Our dogs are Dexter and Dumpline. Dumpline is a Great Pyrenees and was named when we got her as a puppy, and Dexter is a sweet, sweet little thing (actually he’s bigger than out grandparent’s German Shep now…) who we think was dumped at the end of our road by somebody. We named him Dexter after MacGyver’s alter ego XD The turkey is Butters, and I only have a few of the ducks named: Elrond is a male Khaki Campbell, Eenie, Meeny, and Moe are our three huge Pekings. (Two males, Meeney is the girl. And we had a Miny, but she died.) And then I have another smaller Peking named Donna. The chickens are as follows:

Potter, a big white rooster. Jessica, Sherbet, Sylvia, Cleo, and Dionne are Barred Rock hens. Camilla, Lavenia, and Diana are Easter Eggers. LaShonda and Juliana are Americaunas. Marjorie and Cher are my sweet Lavendar Brahma and Black Cochin, respectively. Galadriel is a naked-neck Frizzle, Heidi is a white Leghorn, Aretha is a Mottled Houdan, and Janice is a Buff Orpington. Then I have three Rhode Island Red hens who don’t have names (I’m working on name ideas). I have another white rooster named Theoden, and three white hens (from the same hatch) whose names are still being worked on. I have three little white (when I say white, except for Heidi, I mean white with different-colored specks. All mutts) chicks who’re about… I’d say six months old, who I’m in the process of naming. I have two more white hens named Holly and Hedwig, and I have a young rooster (who I think is NOT a Barred Rock because of shade difference) who- and you won’t believe this but it’s true- the mail lady found at her house (she lives on our road) and thought was ours, and brought him and put him with our chickens. He’s not ours XD And he’s missing a toe, so I named him Frodo.

I think that’s all of my babies? XD Sorry if that was a bit TMI lol. I just love talking about them 😀

My dream job is to be a published author, and to teach creative writing to college students. *nods*

If I could sit and talk to anyone ever… Oooh. I have so many choices!!! Let me pick the top three…: J.R.R. Tolkien, for sure, is first. Then I’d love to talk to Abraham Lincoln. And lastly… ooh. Can I count all of the Star Wars actors as one?? XD I’ll talk to either Diego Luna, Adam Driver, or Oscar Isaac. Or Daisy Ridley. OR NO NO WAIT. Liam Neeson!! OR NOOOO. Ian McKellen!! OR NO. NONO. Viggo Mortesen. WAIT NO. Orlando Bloom!!! OR JOHNNY DEPP. OOOO NO. Christopher Lee. Or Peter Jackson. AAAAA I CAN’T PICK!!! OOOOOOOOO NO WAIT WHAT ABOUT EDGAR ALLEN POE??! AAAAAAAA

Those are good questions!!! I’m gonna ask the last one back to you, so you can suffer through the same torture 😛

Stilton: *is still blushing* Yeah. I love her. *stares off into the distance dreamily*

Everyone: …

Stilton: What? Why are you all- NO I MEANT TO SAY I LOVE HER SCONES QUIT LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT

Stilton:… Nice to meet you all 🙂 *has no idea what a “truck” is, but smiles and nods politely*

@seekjustice
    I didn’t know about that!! I mean I knew about the fires, but not about the three men who died fighting them. Wow… I’m kinda tearing up right now oh my gosh. And I’m so sorry about all the fires and everything you guys are going through. It makes me really happy, though, to know you guys are honoring them, few though they be. You’re all in my prayers <3

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@wolverinerm @dakota

Me: *peaks in to this thread*

Cade: *reading over my shoulder*

Me: *looks at Cade and shrugs*

Cade: *looks at me and shrugs*

Me: looks pretty painless to me.

Cade: *nods solemly*

Me: Megyn is in there you know. . . 😉

Cade: yeah I know 🥰 🥰

Me: *to Cade* well. . . Guess it couldn’t hurt *to @wolverinerm* hey is alright for me and my adorable charries to come barging rudely into this personal conversation? *Smiles and holds out a plate of cookies*

Sold souls and dead promises

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Hey, Hey look who’s here!

To everyone else: This is my sister! 🙂

@anne_the_noob14
      Lots of animals! But reminds me kinda of my family, ’cause we have goats, chickens (used to) bees and woodlands critters. Cool names you give your animals.

@seekjustice
    *looking very sad* I’ve praying for everyone over there in Australia.

@wolverinerm
    Interesting, how your state’s hunting system works. Here you just buy a license and a deer permit and automatically have four tags to use.

YEAH! More homeschoolers!! * fist pumps *

Jack: * to Nigel * “I think so too.” *snickers at his comments about Stilton and leans closer to Nigel * “That makes two of ’em now. * nodding at Alan, who is watching Megyn out of the corner of his eye* *Listens to Nigel and Harley “Thank you for your service.” *shakes his hand* “Hur-em, right Al??”

Alan: *snapping out of it* “Yeah, thanks!” *grins at them*

Megyn: *gets a far away, almost sad look in her eyes as she listens to Nigel and Harley talk about being military, offers to shake their hands too* “Yes . . . thank you.”

*After a moment, she turns to Stilton with a smile* “Nice to meet you.” *nods at his lyre* “Is that some type of harp?”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Dakota.

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@seekjustice Aww, Chelsea… thank you. <33 Yeah, hopefully they will. 🤗 And like Livi said we’re praying for y’all.

@naiya-dyani
    NO WAY!!! Neat!! Are you just studying for fun or do you plan to visit Japan or??

@anne_the_noob14
    YES TEXAS!! 👏 (AND YES KEITH URBAN TOO!)
    Hehe, no, I love eating but cooking or doing dishes or things like that… XP I mean, I’ll do it if I need to but it definitely grosses me out.
    It says “I speak Japanese.” 😉
    Okay so basically an indirect lightning strike means lightning hits something really close to you (in our case, our house) and the shock of it hits you. It didn’t hurt but it threw us in the air and we were shaky and tongue-tied for the rest of the day.
    Aww, I love it!! We used to have buff Orpingtons and we loved them, except for the rooster who was evil. 😆 It’s so fun that you have them all named. Right now we only have Thunder, my dog, and Gracie, my cat, but I’m dying to get chickens again…
    Lol!! Well, I like asking the question because I spent so long thinking about it myself for no good reason, so I do actually know my answer. 😆 Chris Kyle. Even though I’m an Army kid all the way I love reading Navy SEAL stories and I’d love to really sit and talk about the military and war and all that with someone who really got it and… I don’t know, Chris Kyle’s always been one of my heroes.

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer
    Yeah of course!! You don’t have to ask. 😉
    Harley: *pounces on the cookies*

@dakota
    Well, that’s at least the way it is in our county. I know in other parts of Texas it isn’t like that.
    Nigel: Thanks guys.
    Harley: *nods and eyes Megyn but doesn’t say anything*

Dakota
    @dakota

@wolverinerm Interesting.

Jack and Alan: *gratefully accept cookies *

Megyn stands still with her eyes on the wall, very far away . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest