fb

Hooah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

Hey!

I’ve been stalking the forums for quite a while so I finally decided to give them a shot. 😉

I’m really bad at talking about myself, so here’s my author bio??

Kassie Angle is a teenaged Christian author, cowgirl, therapy dog trainer, stereotypical INFJ, and Army girl to the core. Her first love, i.e. debut novel, O to be Like Thee, swept her unsuspectedly into the world of indie authors. She tries to use her stories to fill the silences in literature, helping more people understand the world of the Army and showing how God heals the broken-hearted. You can find her and more of her writing at SoldierGirlStories.com.

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
    He just smiles and says, it’s the way that I was raised

August Grace
    @august-grace

@wolverinerm
    Hey awesome to meet you!
    Btw, love the bio.
    Do you have a WIP at the moment?
    And what is the book you are most excited about to read?

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@august-grace, Same to you!

Thanks! Also I LOVE running so *fistbump*

Oh yeah…currently about halfway through a story about a soldier with severe PTSD, basically his struggles and finding healing, and a reminder that not all wounds are visible.

Ooh, that’s a good question. Well, if you’re familiar with the Emily Abbott series–it’s an indie published spy series–I am d.y.i.n.g. for its season two to release!!

What do you enjoy writing/reading?

Dakota
    @dakota

@wolverinerm

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I am a cowgirl at heart! Never had horse but I hope to . . .  some day . . .

Your books sounds really interesting!

How long have you been a dog trainer?

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@dakota Thanksy!!

Well I don’t have my own horse either, but a friend is gracious to let me act like hers are also mine. XD (And there *might* end up being horses in that WIP, which is a first for me. ;))

Thanks!!

Well, my dog’s about two and a half and I’ve been working with him in earnest since he was about nine months old…so I guess just under two years? (hard to believe it’s been that long…)

What do you like to write?

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@wolverinerm Hiya! I stalked the forums myself for months (maybe longer) before jumping down from my ninja cat perch and joining these lovely, crazy people. So from one forum spy to another. . . welcome. *solemnly nods, then breaks out with a grin and a pan of celebratory fudge*

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@naiya-dyani Lol, thanks!! Any advice for newbies??

*eats fudge solemnly and then grins bc I realize you’re grinning*

Also I love your footer-quote-thingy.

August Grace
    @august-grace

@wolverinerm
    Hey, your WIP sounds awesome.I’ve never actually heard of the Emily Abbott series, but I will definitely check it out.

I am not published yet, but I’m currently working on rewriting a fantasy novel I wrote last year.
    I have tried several times to write historical fiction but never was really good at it. So I eventually found that I love fantasy, and I’ve stuck to that ever since.

I can’t wait to read Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim and Romanov by Nadine Brandes. I’ve wanted to read those books since they came out last year, but the library didn’t have them or there was a bunch of people wanting to read it before me.
    But anyways, finally I’ve ordered them!!!
    Of all time, who would be your top five favourite authors?
    And oh, one more question, how long have you been writing for?

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@wolverinerm Thanks! Yours is cool, too–sounds a lot like something my family would say! ;D

I would say just jump into any threads that sound cool! People here are very welcoming. 🙂 A few of my favorites are the Character Memes thread and the Would Your Character Rather thread. But those are just as much fun as character development/expression. Our characters love to go haywire there!

Oh, speaking of characters, there’s someone who would like to meet you! *glances to the side* Don’t be shy! 😊

Kiet: *blushes and waves shyly* Hi!

Me: *hugs him* He’s my favorite character in my current WIP! No offense to the others, though.

Tai: *lifts chin and pretends to be very much offended*

Grace: *shrugs* I mean, he IS a cinnamon roll.

‘Pologies. I love introducing my children to people. 😉 Your story sounds interesting! With maybe a few similar threads to mine. . . 😀

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@august-grace You should!! They’re super fangirl-worthy. X’D
    I used to try to write historical fiction too, but landed in contemporary. 😂 Fantasy can be so neat!
    I’ve never heard of Spin the Dawn but I’ve heard a ton about Romanov. 😉
    Eeesh, let’s see… Douglas Bond, Travis Thrasher, Mark Owen, Ryana Lynn Miller, and Angie Thompson… It’s so hard to pick only five. XD
    Well, I’ve been scribbling stories since I was five but I started my debut novel when I was 15, which is usually when I say I really started writing. It’s complicated. 😂

@naiya-dyani
    Ooh, okay! I’ll have to check them out. Haywire characters are the best. XD
    Me: Well, if we’re introducing characters… *drags Harley in by his arm*
    Harley: *grins silently then barely glances back to make sure Nigel’s there*
    Nigel: Hey guys! Don’t mind him, he’s just an introvert.
    Harley: *pretends to push Nigel over* You don’t have to say that every time.
    Nigel: *throws up his hands*

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@wolverinerm Ha ha, if you like haywire characters, you should ask @urwen-starial to introduce you to Kirat. He’s. . . kind of the definition of haywire. XD I love him.

Kiet: *waves and laughs* Hi!

Tai: *leans in toward Nigel as if they’ve already known each other for years* I feel ya–trying to handle your introvert friends is tough business.

Kiet: *cheeks redden* Hey!

Dari: Hey there. I’m Dari, but you can just think of me as Tai’s babysitter.

Tai: Hey! *tackles Dari*

Kiet: *shakes head and doesn’t lift a finger to stop them*

Grace: *sighs* Don’t mind them. So. . . care to tell us about yourselves?

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

Ooh, okay! Yeah…the crazy characters are the best.

Nigel: *puts his arm around Harley because he’s protective and there’s a lot of people*

Harley, who refuses to be tended to: We’re brothers who joined the Army as military police officers together. *barely grins*

Nigel: *starts laughing* *gets elbowed by Harley* We’re actually just best friends who grew up together as neighbors. But we like convincing people we’re brothers. And you guys are…??

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@naiya-dyani Sorry, forgot to tag you. XD

Dakota
    @dakota

@wolverinerm  @naiya-dyani

Cool! There are horses in my WIP (Acutally, there are horses in almost every story I’ve thought of writing. I’m that crazy!) I’ve usually only ridden horses at trail rides.

Neat! What kind of dog is he?

I mostly write poetry. Recently, thought, I’ve been spending a bit more time writing this WIP I’m working on.

Speaking of that, might as well introduce y’all (I’m from Kentucky) to the main character of my WIP  . . . and two other characters from a short story I wrote that will probably get bigger.

*Alan and Jack (city firemen) enter. Alan notices a girl coming up and holds open the door*

Megyn: “Thank you, sir.” *nods and smiles pleasantly at  him*

Alan: *grins hugely and bows a little, blushing* “My pleasure, M’am.”

Megyn: “Miss, if you please, Sir.

*Alan blushes even redder*

Jack: Hey, Alan,  wha wrong? You getting a fever?” *jabs hm with an elbow*

Alan: “What me? *shakes his head * “NO! I’m fine!”

Jack: “Yeah, Riight. *grins*

Alan: “Hey, everybody! Whaz up!

Jack: peace sign

Megyn: ( the WIP character) *smiles and waves a little at Grace*

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

WolverineRM
    @wolverinerm

@dakota He’s a golden retriever. 💕

Ooh, neat! I tinker around in poetry sometimes, but my mind works better in stories so I usually just end up breaking all the poetry rules. 😆

(I’m from Texas so believe me, everybody says y’all. 😉)

Harley: *continues to stand silently bc now there’s even more people but nods to the firemen*

Nigel: Hey guys! Welcome to the party. *eyes Harley* We’re not that shy once you get us going…

Harley: *slaps him*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.