fb

hi ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

It’s me, Sam.

I suppose I can’t forget my friend Stan, who those of you from Kindgom Pen know already. For those who don’t, let me say:

Stan is the type of dragon who gets in fights with dogs, not other dragons. And…

OW, STAN! I was only explaining!

I have been writing seriously for the meager time of about eight or nine months, and currently am working on a book calledΒ Cereal Wars (working title, don’t judge) which is about the nature of belief, failed heroism, and hope… and of course cornflakes.

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Ben P
    @supermonkey42

@sam-kowal Hey! (Again)

And Stan too! No, I didn’t forget you, Stan.

Cereal Wars…that actually sounds really interesting. πŸ˜‰

The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think on

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@supermonkey42 It builds somewhat off that conversation we had on Kingdom Pen, about how in stories things can sometimes end too well and heroes can fail… I’m interested to explore that

Ben P
    @supermonkey42

@sam-kowal My next story is influenced by that too, though in a different way.

The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think on

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Hiya, @sam-kowal and Stan!! Good to see you! Cereal Wars… That sounds like a wonderful read. XD

*looks at recent topics page* … Ahhh, I have invaded the forums again. Just like Kingdom Pen…

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Theresa Play
    @theresa-play

@sam-kowal, howdy. I’m on KP as well. though under a different name. You might know me as the centaur that comes in and saves the day. Or, at least, thats how I see it.

Is Cereal Wars a short story or novel?

"My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight."
    - C. S. Lewis

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@dekreel πŸ˜€ Hi… great to see you here, too. Yep. It’s about more than cereal, though, too

@theresa-play
    You were Alia on Kingdom Pen, right? XDΒ Cereal Wars started out as a short story. And then it turned into a novella/novel thing, because it keeps getting longer and more complex. I guess I’ll know what it is exactly when I finish it

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

@sam-kowal Hey there!Β Cereal WarsΒ sounds delicious ;p

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@rolena-hatfield πŸ˜€ Thanks, although the cereal in that world is pretty bland. It is mostly just ground up grain. And they rarely have milk for it

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

@sam-kowal Well that’s depressing. Cereal should be drowning in milk in order to classify as a bowl of cereal. That’s probably the point of not having it though isn’t it?

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Hmm. Good thing it’s not serial wars.

πŸ˜€
    πŸ‘•πŸ‘
    πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Theresa Play
    @theresa-play

@sam-kowal, yes, that would be me.

sounds like every single short story I’ve ever tried writing

"My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight."
    - C. S. Lewis

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

Hi Sam πŸ˜€ (and Stan)

Cereal Wars sounds vastly intriguing. Do cornflakes play a major part in the plot? πŸ˜›

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@theresa-play XD Exactly! My short stories can be like the baby kangaroos that never want to get out of the pouch. Meaning, they never want to be finished and go out on their own

@literatureforthelight
    XD Thanks. Actually, not really. Cereal/grain/food does, so cornflakes is what I usually stay that stands for in a sarcastic way

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@daeus-lamb If its ever a series… I could actually call it that. All though I’d have to find some more wars to follow the first one XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.