Hi! *waves shyly*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi! *waves shyly*

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @ladyjoy

Hi – again ๐Ÿ™‚ My name is Joy! I love writing, reading, and making up fantasy worlds. Looking forward to making some writing buddies ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Grace
      @h-jones

@ladyjoy BRO! *high-fives* A fellow fantasy worldbuilder! Yes! I am all for that, my friend. xD
        What are some of your favorite books?

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Donโ€™t tell anyone.

J. Dekreel
        @dekreel

@ladyjoyย  Why hello, fellow Joy!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Welcome to Story Embers! Do you have any tips for world-building? It’s one of my weak-points. ^.^

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
        Blog

Joy
        @ladyjoy

@h-jones

Hi, nice to meet you! I love anything by Jill Williamson or Tricia Mingerink; they introduce me to the world of Christian fantasy and I have no regrets! I’m also a huge fan of Tamara Leigh (Christian medieval romance) and Susan May Warren (Christian contemporary romance)

What are your favourite books?

Joy
          @ladyjoy

@dekreel

Hi! Always good to meet another Joy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Um, tips… First off, having visuals of your world is probably a good place to start. You can draw a map or generate one online, or make a Pinterest board with pictures relating to the world and its culture. Drawing from more than one culture, contemporary or historical, is also a good way to add diversity to your world. It’s a good idea too to keep a file on your phone or computer (or both!) for random facts about the world that pop up so that you can remember them for later.

This is the first time anyone’s ever asked me for advice and I’m new to the whole fantasy writing world myself, so I hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜€

Grace
            @h-jones

@ladyjoy Ooo, I may have to check those authors out. :O As for me, my favorite authors are N. D. Wilson and Andrew Peterson. : ) Brilliant minds, they are! The Wingfeather Saga is an amazing Christian fantasy series written by Andrew Peterson, and they’re definitely some of my favorite books. I highly recommend. : D

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Donโ€™t tell anyone.

Naiya Dyani
              @naiya-dyani

@ladyjoy *nods emphatically* What Grace said.

Welcome, by the way! I write fantasy, too ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

J. Dekreel
                @dekreel

@ladyjoyย  That does help! I think I’ll start up a Pinterest board pretty soon. Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ˜€

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
                Blog

Joy
                @ladyjoy

@h-jones

Sounds good! I’m always looking for new Christian fantasy authors to read.

Joy
                  @ladyjoy

@naiya-dyani

Hi, nice to meet you! You have such a pretty name ๐Ÿ˜€

Joy
                    @ladyjoy

@dekreel

You’re welcome! I’m glad it helped ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest