fb

Hi there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    F.C. Tait
    @fctait

Hello! I’m new. Nice to meet you!

I write fantasy and read just about everything. I live off books, coffee, and music. I’m a student and sometimes I take a break from writing to study. I love to read other people’s writing but hide behind things every time someone reads mine. I love to write, and blogging’s pretty cool as well.

So, how’s it going? 🙂

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hi @fctait and welcome to Story Embers! I’m Evelyn and I live off of books and hot-tea. 😉 It’s going well here I hope it is there.

You said blogging is cool… do you have a blog then?

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@fctait, My tiny pet dragon, Vip, and I welcome you.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

F.C. Tait
    @fctait

@evelyn Thanks! And yeah, I blog about books and writing. 😀 There’s a link on my profile if you want to check it out.

F.C. Tait
    @fctait

@nuetrobolt Thanks! Can I pet Vip or will I get burned?

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@fctait

Hey, F.C welcome to Story Embers 😀

I’m Aimie an eighteen-year-old fantasy writer from Gold Coast, Australia!

I like music too and prefer a chocolate drink (hot or cold) 🙂

I like learning about other peoples’ story projects how did you come up with yours? (Mine are in my profile if you’re curious) 🙂

Your blog seems cool 😀

F.C. Tait
    @fctait

@ajaj2000 Thanks! Your stories sound really cool, especially the one about the watch that changes time. I’d definitely read that if I found it in a bookstore. 😉

As for how I came up with mine… It’s complicated because so many things inspired different aspects of the story. My biggest inspiration is probably the legend of King Vortigern and Merlin, because I wanted to write about a mage something like young Merlin, but then I also had the idea to write about a hero who has some traits more typical of villains (like being very cool-headed and rational and being genuinely tempted by power) and to write a mentor-pupil relationship where the mentor is actually evil. The story mostly came out of putting those things together in a fantasy world I had already developed for another story.

How did you think of yours?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@fctait Thanks for your blog’s link! And your story sounds really interesting! What are some of your favorite books?

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@fctait, the latter seems more likely.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@fctait

Thank you 😀

That so cool how all your loose ideas came together 🙂

TKOS started as a dream and FF was created after I finished a webcomic one night because I was a bit annoyed how it handled the chosen one trope.

I see you’re from Scotland I have some ancestry from there what is it like?

F.C. Tait
    @fctait

@evelyn Thanks! My favourite books are Lord of the Rings, the first three Earthsea books (though I found the later ones a bit weird) and Plain Kate and Sorrow’s Knot by Erin Bow. What are your favourites?

F.C. Tait
    @fctait

@ajaj2000 Starting a story from a dream is really cool! 🙂

I love Scotland. Because it’s part of an island you’re never very far from the sea, which also makes the weather a bit wild and changeable. I love the mix of modern and old culture, like how there are vibrant modern cities with historic castles in them and things like that. There’s also some cool landscapes that I find inspiring for writing fantasy. The downside is that it rains a lot, but most people get used to that. 🙂

What do you like about Australia?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@fctait I’m afraid I haven’t read any of those books except the Lord of the Rings, (which happens to be one of my favorites) I’ll have to add the rest to my reading list!

My favorite books include The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Giver by Lois Lowery, The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, and Bleak House by Charles Dickens.

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

HELLO, @fctait! Welcome to Story Embers!!

Do you like cold drinks or hot drinks better?

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

F.C. Tait
    @fctait

@evelyn The Giver is amazing! Haven’t read the other two though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest