Hi there!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  William Norfleet 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Bree Dawn
    @bree-dawn

Hello, my name is Bree Dawn and I’m new to the Story Embers forum and writing community.

I love to write dark stories with hopeful undertones. Most of those stories just happen to fall within the dystopian genre (as it’s my favorite), but I also dabble in contemporary, sci-fi, romance, and hints of fantasy.

I haven’t been writing since I was five and I’m by no means an expert or even mature amateur. I consider myself a beginner in many ways, but I like to think that my grammatical/English/nerdy background makes me slightly closer to an intermediate writer (which is what I scored on the test).

Well, I think that’s all the important stuff, but feel free to ask me a question if you want to know more about me (However, I prefer not to post incredibly personal things (location, age, etc) on the Internet).

William Norfleet
      @w-o-holmes

@bree-dawn

Morning, Bree Dawn! Welcome to SE and its quirks! (Which we all have, but sometimes don’t exactly want to show. Not that I’m pointing at anyone or anything or anything like that (I could seriously point at myself), but still, the statement has been made and now is being processed within the mortal realms of the ends of the world…?)

"Eistret an guol nuurdor ank dohk remna lathlrao."- Uondon of Andim

Bree Dawn
      @bree-dawn

Haha, yes weird quirks are amazing. Also, I accidentally said I was an intermediate writer based on the test, but actually I’m a novice writer. I didn’t look until I hit post.

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

@bree-dawn

Hello! I only have about a minute to type this out… but I want to write at least a little here.

HI! I’m Buddy J. But maybe that goes without saying. I’m a writer, and I too like darkness to a purpose. Now I must go pick my car up from the mechanic. We’re so glad to have you!

Lemme call a few friends over here: @evelyn @kari-karast @i-david @jennythefaun

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Banana Peacock Warrior
        @banana-peacock-warrior

Hi, @bree-dawn! I’m Kenzie(Banana Peacock Warrior- trust me, the nickname’s a long story…) Welcome to Story Embers! Do you have any current WIP’s and are you considering joining a guild? 🙂

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
          ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Bree Dawn
          @bree-dawn

Hi, Kenzie! It’s nice to meet you!

I have three “big” projects that I’m working on long-term for the time being: a dystopian, rebellion novel, a Beauty and The Beast retelling, and a contemporary, summer novel. (If you want more details, just ask and I can throw some aesthetic vibes at you.)

Yes, I applied for one of the writing guilds, but I think I just realized that I gave a slightly wrong @name cause I just said Bree Dawn instead of @bree-dawn lol.

Evelyn
            @evelyn

@bree-dawn Hi there! Welcome to this fair land of Story Embers.

I’m Evelyn (duh) and I like to write (and am apparently very good at stating the obvious 😂) and I like to dance and sing and I especially love to sing and dance in the rain! (And with my awesome siblings who can actually harmonize…)

Sooo yeah. Random things about me. 😜

Your current novel sounds very interesting and I for one would love to have aesthetic vibes thrown at my face!

But! What about you? What are hobbies you enjoy? What are some books that have most impacted your life?

What author makes you most want to write?

@wordsmith Oh dear. Did something break? 😝

Bree Dawn
            @bree-dawn

Hi, Evelyne! Haha, singing and dancing are definitely two of my hobbies too. Plus, I’m an alto so harmonizing is my jam.

Well, here are a few words for each of my novels:

#1. Dystopian rebellion thing: <betrayals> <young love> <fighting for what you believe in> <crumbling government> <teenage rebellion>

#2. Fairytale retelling: <abusive relationships> <medieval warfare> <find the light> <misty forest> <blood droplets>

#3. Summer contemporary: <summer beach trips> <first love> <trying to fix mistakes> <grief child> <look at the stars and forget> <midnight runaways>

My usual hobbies include, but are not limited to: Writing, editing, playing on Facebook, scrolling Pinterest, binging tv shows, hanging out with my family, sleeping, and laughing hysterically.

As for the novels that have impacted me, they’d probably be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman, and This is Not The End by Chandler Baker. Those novels taught me a lot about writing and the kinds of themes I want to write.

My favorite author is hands down Neal Shusterman because his books are genius and perfect, but I also love Kara Swanson, Stephenie Meyers, John Green, and once I read her debut novel, Abbie Emmons.

Veraza Winterknight
              @kari-karast

@bree-dawn

Heyo! Welcome to the wonderful land of Emberia!

Are you on YWW, by any chance? Idk but I feel like you’re on there, have been on there, or have heard of it. XD

Also, your WIPs sound pretty cool!

Oh, and I’m Veraza Winterknight, btw. It’s a pen name. And my real name isn’t Kari Karast. Kari’s my character. Long story short I stole her name for my tag cuz I didn’t have a pen name when I joined SE.

What’re some of your favorite books?

And I write sci-fi and fantasy. And I love writing dark stories with hopeful undertones. (That sounded weird… oh well.)

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Bree Dawn
              @bree-dawn

YWW? I’m…not sure what that is lol. It doesn’t ring a bell so I don’t think I’m part of it, but I dunno.

Thank you for such a lovely welcome!!

Haha, I love your pen name. It’s so cool! Bree Dawn is actually a pen name too (I literally haven’t told another soul on the Internet about that, so I hope you feel special✨).

Ooh, good question! My favorite novel as of late has been This is Not The End by Chandler Baker. It’s so powerful (if you can get past some of the content) and I think we need more powerful novels in the world right now.

Haha, no worries, I don’t think it sounded weird. 😉

Evelyn
                @evelyn

@bree-dawn Oh neat! Isn’t it wonderful though?

Haha, well technically I have a first alto part in my choir but I mainly got that because its my range… not because I can harmonize on demand. I’m learning though. 😉

Wow, those all sound so interesting. Are you writing all of them write now?

Oooh what TV shows do you like?

Mm. I haven’t read any of those books, but I have heard of them and plan to get around to them at some point. I have been watching Abbie Emmon’s progress but haven’t been able to get my hands on her book yet. And The Girl Who Could See! The cover hooked me from the start and then I read the description! I’ve been wanting to read it ever since. (:

Bree Dawn
                @bree-dawn

My favorite tv shows are things like Supernatural, Handmaid’s Tale (with a lot of looking away cause of them nasty sex scenes), Teen Wolf, Dance Academy, House M.D., America’s Next Top Model, etc. I’m quite eclectic when it comes to my tv shows.

Bree Dawn
                  @bree-dawn

And well, about the novels, here’s about where they’re at.

dystopian/rebellion thing: an incomplete and currently abandoned first draft.

fairytale retelling: a completed 64 page first draft that’s awaiting editing and rewrites.

summer/contemporary: a 10k, unfinished first draft that I had planned to write over the summer but didn’t finish.

Veraza Winterknight
                    @kari-karast

@bree-dawn

Okay. So then you’re not. I was just wondering. It’s another community of Christian writers. It’s pretty amazing, imo. Although it’s only open for new students twice a year.

Of course!

Thank you! It’s kinda funny, actually. I wanted to name a character Veraza Winterknight but was never able to find the right character so I just decided it would be my pen name. (Ooooh. Nice! I love it! It’s so pretty!)

Nice! I haven’t heard of that. What’s it about?

Oh good. XD

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Josiah DeGraaf
                    @josiah

Welcome to the site, @bree-dawn! 🙂 Glad to have you on board here. What’s Neal Shusterman like? I’ve heard the name before, but haven’t read any of his works.

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest