Hi! New girl here!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi! New girl here!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Holly Anne
    @holly-anne

@banana-peacock-warrior

That’s really neat! look forward to reading them!!! And that’s a really neat idea doing them from the different perspectives… I would really like to read #4 too, but no worries if not 🙂 It sounds very thought-provoking and sobering…

I know I’m kinda jumping in on your reply to Abby, but that’s so cool that you are musical!!! I play piano and I sorta know guitar too. More of a ‘make it look and sound like I’m doing something really complicated…when it’s not lol’. I just love improvising and composing my own pieces lol.

Do you like making pieces up?

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
      Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

The Writing Gremlin
      @banana-peacock-warrior

@abigail-rebekah: Whoops- sorry I missed that you’re from NZ on the post… that’s really neat! I did hear how so many movies were filmed there and such… I guess it’s a breeding place for storywriting? 😉 ‘English by blood, Kiwi by birth, American by heart’: awesome, intriguing, and poetic! XD

I have 3 sibs – two brothers and a sister – of whom I’m the oldest. WOAH. *pushes back chair and makes sure the screen was read correctly* 7 siblings?! That’s, like, 7 siblings! Wow! So… I know that Holly Anne is older than you, but otherwise where do you lie in the mix? Older; younger; middle child? LOL just curious… 😉

Oh yeah… I do remember reading about your playing the mandolin! Super cool! And the piano too? Sweeeeeeet. Having a musical family sounds like so much fun. Mainly me and my brother are the musical ones, with me on the piano and him behind the drumset, but my mom plays piano very well and I’m teaching my little sister to play it, though she doesn’t enjoy it all that much. My dad and youngest brother don’t really do much musically. It really is just my brother and me- we’ll play at church on Sunday mornings together and used to at youth group, but that’s the extent of it.

@holly-anne: Continuing on the music stuff…

WOAH- that really does sound like the exact place I’m at in music, lol! Yeah that’s my total mindset on the guitar right now- just make it look and sound good. 😉 And yes! I don’t all too often, but I do compose some music. I’ve recently finished my first piano piece, Daylight, and I’m working on another piece, C Song. Neither have lyrics, though. I’ve written only one with lyrics that might be OK, but I’m not really sure. *shrug*

🙂 Thanks on the perspectives. I kinda just want to cover every area of the issue. (my friends say that I’ll have a book someday of all my abortion poems!) Yeah I don’t think #4 will make it on here without some changes. It was mainly written as a ‘call to action’ for Christians, showing the Devil pretty much going on and on about his ‘beauty, abortion’. *disgusted emoji that I can’t access on my computer rn* LOL sorry I’m kinda passionate about this! 😉

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
        ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Abigail Rebekah
        @abigail-rebekah

@banana-peacock-warrior

Yeah, it does have some pretty beautiful scenery…which is cool 🙂

You did read it correctly…7 siblings…and they are heaps of fun…most of the time LOL

I am the third oldest. Holly is the second and then there is one more girl who is the oldest…she just recently turned eighteen xD

It is super fun being part of a musical family 🙂 That is really cool that you play the piano. I have a few siblings who love drums too 🙂

Your poems on abortion are so good BTW.

Also, do you have a fav author?  Have you heard of John J. Horn?

Sorry if you have already said xD

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

The Writing Gremlin
          @banana-peacock-warrior

@abigail-rebekah: Wow that many sibs really is incredible! Sounds super fun! (although, I probably wouldn’t be able to handle it full-time judging by how difficult it is with THREE. XD)

Thanks on the poems!

Although C.S.Lewis is more or less a role model for me, I can’t say that I’m quite well-read enough to declare a FAVORITE author. And no, I haven’t hear of John J. Horn before. Like I said to Selah a while back, I’m incredibly under-read and I find it pretty sad for someone who wants to be an author… but I’d love to read some more good stories when I have the time! Tbh, since almost all my reading time has been drained by school books and required story anatomy books, I’m not sure what to read. I’m literally pulling things off my mom and my brother’s shelves. I’ve read the Chronicles of Narnia, the entire Mandie series from when my mom was a teenager, and I recently finished the first book in the Left Behind series (again, from my mom’s shelf.) I really enjoyed the Matterhorn the Brave series, even though it was probably a bit below my reading level (from my bro’s shelf). My friends have suggested a good few, but I haven’t gotten around to reading them. Only just recently did I finish reading my first modern Christian novel from Realm Makers. Someday… I’ll find the time to enjoy a good story… my list is constantly growing of stuff I want to read once I finish Left Behind and re-reading the Narnia series… Lord of the Rings, Keeper of the Lost Cities, The Hobbit, etc. (btw good suggestions are welcome!)

Abigail Rebekah
            @abigail-rebekah

@banana-peacock-warrior

That’s funny xD It definitely gets a bit hectic around here somedays LOL

I have heard of quite a few of those books that you mentioned –  I totally get it 🙂

I used to read a lot…but I haven’t read much lately. It’s something I really should do more of 🙂

If you like fantasy, I would definitely recommend Hope Ann’s book Burning Rose. It is one of my favourite books xD

I generally tend to skim-read a book to get to the exciting bits…which I kinda need to work on actually reading it from beginning to end LOL.

The Narnia series are really good, aren’t they? Have you seen any of the movies of them? I really like Prince Caspian.

Selah CJW
              @selah-chelyah

@banana-peacock-warrior

First things first, you don’t talk too much! It’s totally great. 😛

Haha, that is cool, too! A story about it? Well, I had not thought about that. Hm!

@abigail-rebekah  @holly-anne

What? How did I not find out you guys lived in NZ? That is so cool!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
              ~ Created to create ~

Selah CJW
              @selah-chelyah

@banana-peacock-warrior

Under-read? Lol! If it is possible to be underread, then I am way overread!

😛

~ Created to create ~

Holly Anne
              @holly-anne

@banana-peacock-warrior

Yes, that’s super cool about music 🙂 Love meeting fellow musicians 😉 That’s so neat that you are composing too. I love doing that…

And, yes I totally understand your not wanting to post that yet…I was just curious. And I am absolutely passionate about it too, so high-five.

@selah-chelyah

Haha lol, yes we do. And yes it is pretty cool. The hobbits are a real pain but hey… JK

It is BEAUTIFUL here though… 🙂

Abigail Rebekah
                @abigail-rebekah

@selah-chelyah

Yeah, it is very nice here 🙂

Except for all those weird creatures LOL

There is a lot of BEAUTIFUL scenery in New Zealand xD

And the great thing is…we don’t have ANY snakes or very poisonous spiders 🙂

The Writing Gremlin
                  @banana-peacock-warrior

@abigail-rebekah: LOL!

Okay, I’ll definitely look into Hope Ann’s book! And OMG SAME. Sometimes I like to read from my Kindle just so that I don’t have any pages to skip to the end of. I ALWAYS find myself involuntarily skipping to the the 3rd Plot Point and Climax in a book just so that I can see how things end. It’s so satisfying yet such a SPOILER! I literally did it once in a book I was reading for school only to find out that the main character ended up asking his friend’s sister to marry him in the end… TOTALLY spoiled the moment for me! In my head: “Oh, that’s so beautiful… oh WHY couldn’t I have waited until I actually read it?!” XD No joke, every time.

Yes, the Narnia storylines are all so good… especially The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I will never get over the incredible allegory or Edmund’s character arc. So wonderful. Also, YES I have watched all the Narnia movies! They’re all soooo gooood! Voyage of the Dawn Treader was my favorite of them.

P.S., @holly-anne too, New Zealand sounds so great!!

Abigail Rebekah
                    @abigail-rebekah

@banana-peacock-warrior

Phew, so I’m not the only one LOL.

Yeah, it can be soo disappointing, like it feels great at the time…but totally ruins the whole build-up of the story and getting to find out each thing as you properly read it xD

Yep, they are really good books? Just interested, is it the BBC films you have seen, or the other ones?

Holly Anne
                      @holly-anne

@banana-peacock-warrior

Haha, yes it is pretty cool!!! 🙂

Selah CJW
                        @selah-chelyah

@holly-anne  @abigail-rebekah

Haha, okay! It sounds like a cool place, even if I really do like living here in Idaho. XD

~ Created to create ~

The Writing Gremlin
                        @banana-peacock-warrior

@abigail-rebekah: I know, right?

Um, I’m not sure- I just know that they’re Disney. (I think)

Kayla Skywriter
                          @kayla-skywriter

@banana-peacock-warrior

I’m homeschooled too.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest