Hi! New girl here!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi! New girl here!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Banana Peacock Warrior 3 hours, 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

*wheeze*
    …she called me adorable 
    *collapses into puddle of feels*

(I think you’re adorable, Selah) :’)

Ahahahaha.
    *ehem*

@banana-peacock-warrior
    Well, actually, If I’m being honest, I have like 20 stories I want to write, but I’m not taking very many steps to write them as I should. I’m also unsure of which stories I want to write as novels, and which ones I want to write/draw as graphic novels.

I’m kind of new to writing prose actually. So when I do write prose, I’m usually just writing little snippets that don’t even go together.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@banana-peacock-warrior

Yep, that’s me as well, lol!

Have you ever traveled to other places in the US (or out of the US)? I was born in Alaska, but lived in Kansas and Missouri most of my life. Moved to ID almost a year ago. The joys of being a pilot’s daughter. 😀 (I do actually enjoy it.)

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
    "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@banana-peacock-warrior

Don’t worry, I wouldn’t consider that stalking 🙂

YEAH!!! Another crazy person here 🙂 At least I am not alone LOL xD

What is your current WIP about?

Cool, I will be 15 in September xD… so kinda younger 🙂

Wow, those genres sound really cool. And the writing club? That would be SO fun!

My older sister, @holly-anne, does poetry too. It’s really good xD

Do you have a specific type of poem that you like to write, or do you have a wide range?

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Banana Peacock Warrior
      @banana-peacock-warrior

@the-fledgling-artist: I’m sure it’s still great! And if you beg to differ… well, what is this site for, anyway? XD

@selah-chelyah: Lol! I’ve never traveled outside the US, and the farthest I’ve traveled from dear Ohio is Texas or Florida. I’m not actually sure which destination was farther for us but I think TX was- but I have gone to just about every state along the coast except Maine. Alaska?! A pilot’s daughter?! That’s all so cool!!! Totes, you should write a story about it just so that I can know the experience! 😀

@abigail-rebekah: Phew that’s good… don’t want to be known as the stalker, first week on the site!

My primary WIP is called The Clefs- it’s pretty much a book about piano keys where the protagonist is Middle C (dubbed Cadenza). Essentially, it’s my three favorite things rolled up into a 56,353 word long allegorical story: writing, playing the piano, and dancing. It’s still got a while to go, but at least it’s past the initial writing stage. 🙂 I plan to add enough extra to get it past 60,000 words. Then I’ve started some work on a series called Writer’s Haven- which I’m super excited about because it’s about two writers who start their own small club together and discover a door into their own story worlds(Writer’s Haven). But yeah. Those are my big things right now. If I were to go into everything… well… you get it. 😉

LOL- not THAT much younger… ;p

Yeah- the writing club IS really fun. I like to joke around that it’s itty bitty Story Embers. Maybe someday it’ll get bigger than us four! Haha.

That’s awesome! I’d love to read some of @holly-anne‘s stuff!!

I tend to think my poetry style is pretty rigid, though I do branch out a little bit. Literally almost every single one I’ve written is 12 stanzas long (because that’s how many I can fit onto each page of my poetry notebook) and I really don’t like writing poetry without some sort of rhyme technique. Just isn’t my thing. 😉 But yeah- poetry – to me at least – is like a diary to me. Very personal. I’ve honestly debated posting a couple of poems or not because I tend to write about a lot of controversial/personal topics: crushes, hardships, victories, etc. (I’m currently on the 6th poem of an abortion ‘series’. All from Christian perspectives, don’t worry!) But yeah. Love poetry. 🙂

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
        ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Holly Anne
        @holly-anne

@banana-peacock-warrior

Hey!

Just thought I’d hop on here and say hi *waves*

You should post some of your poems, I’d love to read them!!!

I haven’t written any new poems for a while, but I do really enjoy it!!

And I totally agree: I can’t write poems that don’t rhyme at all. Just too hard lol.

Welcome to Story Embers BTW 😉

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)

Banana Peacock Warrior
          @banana-peacock-warrior

@holly-anne: Nice to meet you!! *waves back enthusiastically*

I’d really love to read some of yours, too! Would you be able to tag me on some so I can read them? 😊

I did try posting one of my poems – didn’t tag anyone, so it was kinda like just throwing out a hook and seeing who takes the bait – but yeah. It’s called Prayer. It’s one of my favorite poems (though I have a lot to work on) that isn’t about a controversial subject. In all honesty my 5 finished abortion poems are my favorites- though I’m not quite sure if I should post them. BUT like I said in the message to @abigail-rebekah, they’re all from Christian perspectives and speaking out AGAINST it. So we’ll see. But yeah I may try posting more of my “non-controversial” poems!

TBH, I probably should- the more critiques the better!! 😂

BTW @selah-chelyah, @the-fledgling-artist, @abigail-rebekah, and @holly-anne, SORRY if I talk (or type or whatever) too much! Ask any of my friends and they’ll tell you how incredibly talkative I am… 😬 Just gonna say sorry about that.

Holly Anne
            @holly-anne

@banana-peacock-warrior

Aww thanks *blushes*

I will definately tag you if/when I post any 🙂

I saw your post with Prayer, I haven’t read it yet but I will right after I post this lol.

I’d LOVE to read your abortion ones! They sound really good, and it’s great that you’re speaking/writing out against abortion. Totally with you there, obviously.

And no worries about talking…meet fellow chatterbox…yep.

Well, I don’t chat all the time normally…but if I’m excited about something…like writing…then you might wanna run for cover lol. *highfives*

I love your tagline by the way! Such an encouraging verse….

The Fledgling Artist
              @the-fledgling-artist

@banana-peacock-warrior
              Pfft, no! You’re not talking too much! Talking is what the forum is for! 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Banana Peacock Warrior
              @banana-peacock-warrior

@holly-anne: Thanks! I look forward to those. 😉 And thanks about the abortion poems! I actually think I will post them… I just looked them over and I believe all five will be fine- well, except for Abortion#4. That one’s a bit on the questionable side. But yeah- yay in the fight against abortion! *highfive*

LOL!

Yeah I really enjoy that verse, too. 🙂

@the-fledgling-artist: *laughing sigh of relief* 😀 <3

Abigail Rebekah
                @abigail-rebekah

@banana-peacock-warrior

WOW!!! Your WIP sounds sooo cool 🙂

Yeah, you would really like her poems, I bet xD

I’ll work on ‘encouraging’ @holly-anne to put some on here…soon…hopefully 🙂

Your poetry styles and themes look so good. I saw a bit of your poem <i>Prayer</i>, and I really like it.

It’s so great that you are doing ones about real-life issues like abortion. I will look forward to reading them if you post them on here…which I think you should xD

I saw that you have been nearly all over America…FUN!!!

My whole family went to America a few years ago, and it was definitely such a cool experience. I kinda have a soft spot for the USA… LOL

I loved meeting so many big families and making great new friends. I definitely would want to go back sometime xD

Would you like to travel outside of the USA?

Do you play any instruments?

Also, talking too much? That sounds like me LOL

I talk…a lot…most of the time…xD

So, I won’t be thinking you’re talkin too much 🙂

Holly Anne
                  @holly-anne

@banana-peacock-warrior

Look forward to reading them!!! *high fives again*

What’s questionable about Abortion #4?

Ariel Ashira
                    @ashira

@banana-peacock-warrior Hi!  Im Selah Chelyah’s younger sister, and write mostly his-fic too.  Im sixteen, will be 17 in October.

XD Your name is sooo funny!   What kind of dance do you do?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Kayla Skywriter
                    @kayla-skywriter

Hello @banana-peacock-warrior

Welcome to story embers.

Are you homeschooled?

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Banana Peacock Warrior
                      @banana-peacock-warrior

@abigail-rebekah: Thanks about The Clefs and Prayer! And YES- totes encourage your sister away! XD Yeah I do believe I’ll post my abortion poems now. I’ll get on that… 🙂

LOL- well, not ALL over America… 😛 That’s cool! I hadn’t realized before that you guys weren’t from the US. Awesome that you came to visit the country, though! Totes you should come back and visit Ohio- we could meet in person, LOL! Yes- I think it would be awesome to experience other countries and cultures outside the US. Mainly, I want to visit a Hispanic country since I have a soft spot for Spanish. Everywhere else, I would just LOVE to see the scenery… there’s nothing better than going someplace unique and discovering that the setting would work perfectly in your story world… So, where ARE you from? (Really sorry if I missed that somewhere else, but tbh I don’t quite feel like flipping through forum posts right now… haha)

Yes, I do play instruments! My happy place is at the piano and I’m currently learning guitar. How about you?

Yay that’s good… so I’ll just keep talkin’… and you can just keep talkin’ back… and anyone else who wants to join the chatterbox can just keep talkin’ too…!

@holly-anne: 🙂 *sends a fist-bump to shake things up a bit*

Well, the thing about Abortion #4 is mainly the perspective and the thought processes of that perspective. You see, all my Abortion poems are each from a different perspective. #1: Abortion from the perspective of God. #2: Abortion from the perspective of the Child inside the womb. #3: Abortion from the perspectives of Logic, Facts, and Morality. #5 is the odd-ball that has no perspective- it’s just in general. Then I plan on #6 being Abortion from the perspectives of the Men. I think #4 would be questionable to post, however, because that one is Abortion from the perspective of Satan. (tbh, I avoid reading it aloud as much as I can because I don’t like hearing the words come out of my mouth.) It’s definitely not ALL bad, but I think if I were to post it I think I would have to clean it up a bit.

@ashira: Greetings, Selah Chelyah’s younger sister! XD Wow there are so many historical fiction writers on here… so cool! Kk! Thanks about my name… LOL it definitely draws attention… XD Right now I’m not doing dance any more. I MIGHT begin again in the future but I’m not right now. When I did, though, I did ballet, contemporary, and some modern. 🙂

@kayla-skywriter: Nice to meet you! *aahhh* Literally I get chills every time I meet someone new on Story Embers… 😀 Yes! I’ve been homeschooled since kindergarten.

@everybody on here: Super random, but I LOVE all your profile pictures! So pretty! 😀 🙂 😉

Abigail Rebekah
                        @abigail-rebekah

@banana-peacock-warrior

I just saw that you have posted some of your abortion poems…I will definitely have a look after this 🙂

Yeah, I think there are a lot of people from America on here…I am from New Zealand…the land of hobbits and weird things LOL.

It was pretty fun in America. My mum and dad are both from England…but we live in NZ so I am kinda a confused person. I like to call myself English by blood, Kiwi by birth and American by heart LOL. Ohio sounds fun…and meeting in person? That would be soo cool xD. I would really like to go there again sometime.

Yeah, it would be cool to go to other countries. I would love to tour Europe one day, and see all the history 🙂 I think I said on my Introduce Yourself post about where I live, but I don’t mind you asking…I have definitely done the same thing to other people on here xD

You play the piano? That is soo cool. My dad teaches us all the piano, and I am learning the mandolin. We are a very musical family and like to jam around together. Is your family very musical?

Sounds great…I  won’t feel bad for talkin a lot then LOL.

I don’t know if anyone else had asked this, but how many siblings do you have?

I have seven…five sisters and two brothers:)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest