Hi! New girl here!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi! New girl here!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Banana Peacock Warrior 3 hours, 23 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Banana Peacock Warrior
    @banana-peacock-warrior

Hello, all! I’m Mackenzie (Kenzie) and trust me, I DIDN’T come up with the nickname Banana Peacock Warrior myself… LONG story there… but I love it all the same. LOL!

So this is all pretty new to me – being in an official online writing community. But it’s Christian too! Win win! I’ve been writing for a good many years, although I only started taking my storywriting seriously a year or two ago. I stick to fiction stories… and I love any opportunity to write allegory like The Pilgrim’s Progress or the Chronicles of Narnia. Fantasy is my favorite way to do it. 😉

As well as storywriting, I started taking an interest in poetry sometime early last year and honestly write one about every week – or at least I try. Poetry is just so amazingly relieving and relaxing. 🙂

Well, there’s my first forum post. Can’t wait to get a response from you guys!

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
      ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@banana-peacock-warrior

Hey! Hello. Welcome to Story Embers! ^-^
      Are you planning on joining a guild?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Banana Peacock Warrior
      @banana-peacock-warrior

@The Fledgling Artist

Yay! First response! (LOL)

I’m not sure if I’ll join a guild yet. I think I’ll get myself situated here first. *shrugs indecisively while hitting every button in existence to see what it does* XD

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@banana-peacock-warrior

Ooh, I was first! Wasn’t I! 😀 *happy dance*
        That’s pretty understandable! There’s a lot to get used to haha. If you ever have any questions don’t hesitate to tag me. (Or like, anyone else, cause don’t worry. They’re all nice. No one bites here haha.)

Do you have a WIP (work in progress) story?

Banana Peacock Warrior
        @banana-peacock-warrior

@the-fledgling-artist

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Yeah… I have lots of WIPs, honestly. I just finished the 3rd draft of my novel (which seems to be more of a novella… short by about 2,000 words but whatever) and I’m in the editing stage of it right now. Then there’s a new story I’ve begun work on that I’m super excited about with essentially 4 different novels in one… it’s hard to stay focused! ;p Then there’s poetry.

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

@banana-peacock-warrior Oohh, wow! You’re keeping yourself busy then, aren’t you! Haha. Will this be your first finished novella?

Banana Peacock Warrior
          @banana-peacock-warrior

@the-fledgling-artist

Haha yes… the wonderful thing about notebooks and computers to write things down on!

Yeah: it’ll be my first completed, polished story. Really hoping 2 years of drafts pays off… XD I’m just excited to finally see the finished product!

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

@banana-peacock-warrior
            Aaah! Yeah, that’s awesome! *sprinkles confetti around*

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@banana-peacock-warrior

Welcome to SE! We are glad you are here, as well. 🙂

Wanna share the long story? Your tag is hilarious! And quite…ingenious? Creative? Maybe something that a sibling came up with? XD!

I get the way-too-many-WIP thing…I have like 25.  *facepalm* And I write mostly his-fic. Love history! Did you grow up reading a lot of fantasy? Where do you live? I hail from beautiful N. Idaho. 😀

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
            "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Banana Peacock Warrior
            @banana-peacock-warrior

@the-fledgling-artist: Hahahahaha!

And how about you? After I talk about myself so much, what’s up on your side of the writing world? 🙂

@selah-chelyah: Hello! Congrats, you’re the second person I’ve become acquainted with on Story Embers! (LOL)

Well, I guess I can condense the LONG story into a BRIEFish long story… (?) XD

Banana Peacock Warrior came from my dance class. We were all dressed up as animals for one dance (I a peacock) but we skipped to another one where we were evil warriors so quickly that we had no time to change costumes. That’s where the Peacock Warrior comes from. Banana just came from how I missed village people costume fittings so I was stuck with a green shirt and yellow banana pants that got me stuck with the nickname Banana Tree. They just added the Peacock Warrior at rehearsal. I embraced it eventually. (Maybe my pen name someday? XD) Whoops. My long story seemed to be harder to make short than I thought… haha!

#Active Minds! You can never have too many WIPs!

*stops and flashbacks to the time when she was little and had plans to turn her story into a 40-book series*

Okay MAYBE there’s such thing as too many… XD And that’s awesome that you like historical fiction! One of my closest friends loves writing that… though I can’t say that it’s my own specialty. Takes skill in my opinion! In all honesty, I’m not the biggest reader of all time (*and the writing community stares at me blankly*). I mean, I do PLAN to read more novels and such, but I have to wait until I’m done reading things like the Iliad and Silas Marner for *shudders* school. Someday, though! My main love for fantasy and storywriting and things is from watching really good movies. I think I drive my family crazy when the movie credits end and I start saying things like “wow, that character arc was well built” and “their first plot point was super weak” and you get it. I almost ruined Aladdin for my mom… XD

Awesome! I’ve never been to Idaho before… I’m a full blooded NE Ohioan who doesn’t get out much unless it’s along the east coast. 😛

@the-fledgling-artist and @selah-chelyah: So, after I talk so much about myself, *facepalm*, how about you? What have y’all been working on lately on your sides of the writing world?

Banana Peacock Warrior
              @banana-peacock-warrior

LOL whoops I said that thing at the end twice. Oh well! 2x truer.

Selah
                @selah-chelyah

@banana-peacock-warrior
                Well, hey, you have to start somewhere, right?! 🙂 I mean, you have done well so far… you met Fledgling, who is the sweetest creature in the realm (not kidding), and then myself, who is no doubt the most inspiration person you will ever meet (okay, I was kidding that time, lol!). So you should be well on your way to knowing all the awesome Emberians. XD

Lol, that is a totally legit reason to have such a memorial penname. Thanks for sharing the story!

#ActiveMinds indeed! A blessing and a curse to a writer…it’s also known by the lesser-fond title of insomnia. 😀 But who could live and not write the worlds inside their heads, anway?!

Haha, I get that! I do that all the time until my family is really irritated. Eef! Things like “that sword would not have been used in that way in that era for that reason by that person”….etc. “It is not historically correct in this and this and this and this way!” Lol. The fact that movies irritate me oftentimes due to their historical or true-to-the-book inaccuracy. This illustrates my POV pretty well:   

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Selah.

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
                "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Banana Peacock Warrior
                @banana-peacock-warrior

XD Well I guess I would assume as much about Fledgling with that adorable profile pic… XD

And I AGREE! Who in the world could live when they have an entire other land floating around inside their brain? YES. My family is just like “Can this odd language wait until AFTER we’ve had time to enjoy the movie?” They really hear it when I really enjoyed it. 😀

Haha love that. I do wish I had the time to pick up a nice paper book though. Some things just aren’t the same as in the movie! Someday, someday!

Abigail Rebekah
                  @abigail-rebekah

Hi @banana-peacock-warrior,

Welcome 🙂 Nice to meet you.

I only just recently joined myself but am already loving it.

I can totally sympathise with you regarding the amount of WIPs I have and have not completed xD

Your username is definitely original. It’s cool 🙂

How old are you? Or are you keeping it a secret LOL 🙂

Do you write mostly in Fantasy or do you have other genres you like writing in?

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Banana Peacock Warrior
                    @banana-peacock-warrior

Hola, @abigail-rebekah!

LOL I hope this doesn’t sound like stalking but I just looked at your introduction forum myself. It’s nice to meet you! Your WIP’s sound super cool! 😀 And you aren’t the only crazy one around here… *eagerly raises hand*… XD

Haha no- not a secret. I’m 15; 16 in December. 🙂

I primarily like to stick to fantasy and a teensie bit of sci-fi. Although, I have been challenged to write in a lot of different genres in a itty bitty writing club that me and my friend started about a year back… all only short stories though… so I’ve tried romance (which I’m actually beginning to enjoy) and a touch of historical fiction. I tried writing a biography and it didn’t work. XD But yeah the only place where I like to write nonfiction is in poetry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest