fb

Hi…new girl here. Hehe.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi…new girl here. Hehe.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@moonlighting-novelist

Welcome! I’m the always very late SeekJustice. And yes, definitely jump over to the historical fictioners thread…we have a lot of fun there and we’d love for you to add your insighs πŸ™‚

Your WIP sounds really cool! My current WIP is a fantasy novel inspired heavily by the English Civil War so I’m having a lot of fun with that. My other WIP (which has several drafts) is a dystopian, heavily based on the French Revolution.

Now, seeing as Charlie Dickens is quite possibly my favourite author, which of his books have you read? My favourite is A Tale of Two Cities, closely followed by Little Dorrit.

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

Moonlighting Novelist
    @moonlighting-novelist

@selah-chelyahΒ @eden-anderson

Perfectionism can crush your work, for sure. I love that you both have so many ideas; I often get frustrated because I don’t have new ideas for stories or struggle with feeling like NONE of my ideas are original in the least. I am fairly good at prose and engaging the emotional side to writing characters and events, but plot weaving is not my specialty. I have had to do quite a bit of study on that aspect of writing, which I think has helped me learn how to use questions to engage that deeper creativity. But I simply CANNOT work on more than one project at a time. πŸ˜€

"There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart."
    -Jane Austen, "Emma"

Moonlighting Novelist
    @moonlighting-novelist

@seekjustice

Hi! So glad to meet you!

I’ve actually been reading over all the posts on the historical fiction thread this week, and am about to jump in the conversation. Very interesting stuff over there! πŸ˜€

Both of those projects sound very neat, especially the French Revolution-ish dystopian. I think that sounds like a very clever combination, not to mention interesting. πŸ™‚

Of Charles Dickens’ works, I’ve read A Christmas Carol, and Great Expectations. I enjoyed them both… I think at times he has a witty humor (or sarcasm)Β very similar to Jane Austen, which I enjoy very much. πŸ™‚ I plan to read more of his works ASAP. I have a copy of Bleak House, and I’m interested in A Tale of Two Cities and David Copperfield.

"There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart."
    -Jane Austen, "Emma"

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@moonlighting-novelist

Yeah, perfectionism is a hard one to overcome. πŸ™ Aw, that has to be so frustrating..not being able to come up with ideas. I hope it becomes easier in the future!

Hey, that’s perfectly okay. We all work differently…and that’s the way it should be. πŸ€—

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@moonlighting-novelist

Hmm, yes. I can identify! I do work on writing more than one WIP at once, although it is just setting others up while I write just one. I don’t think I could actually try to write more than one at a time. πŸ™‚

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest