fb

Hi, it's me!!!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi, it's me!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Hi friends!

I exist. I’m also a male writer, so now you know those exist too.

And I’m extroverted, which makes me an endangered species.

If you don’t know me, I dream big, act casual, am magnetically attracted to the philosophical, love athletics and the outdoors but find myself on the computer most of the time, read a lot, love to cook, love regenerative agriculture, dream of being a composer, and like to write in various genres.

Oh yeah, and I have gorgeous red hair.

No, not really. ๐Ÿ˜›

As you’ll soon find out, I’m a true fanatic about writing. It’s my dream to write full time and help train thousands of top-notch, God-exalting Christian writers to do the same. At the moment, I’m a board member/community manager here at Story Embers, I run the forum over at Kingdom Pen, and also run my own online school to train authors calledย Excelsior Writing School.

About a year and a half ago, I self-published my first novel:ย Edwin Brook.

My most recent published work is an anthology titledย The Golden Ziggurat And Other Stories, which you can actually pick up for free if you’d like to read it.

Currently, I’m writing the first book in an epic fantasy trilogy. It’s a pretty ambitious work for my first attempt in the genre, but it seems to be turning out really well so far. I also have plans for a sequel trilogy in development. It’s so much fun.

Oh, you should also know that I’m a guildmasterย here on the forum. My guild is called New Wessex and is going to be really cool. (It’s launching in a little over a week.)

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘
    ๐Ÿ‘– ๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

*Presents you with raspberries and chocolate and ice cream*

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

@daeus-lamb You scared me for two seconds. I thought you had dyed your hair red. lol.

Grace Livingston
    @gracelivingston

*peers over her glasses at this rare specimen of an extroverted, male writer* ๐Ÿ˜›

New Wessex. Cool name! ๐Ÿ˜€ Any particular reason why you chose it?

"I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@briannastorm And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the proper way to greet someone.

@rolena-hatfield
    I was hoping I would throw someone off with that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@gracelivingston
    Yes, I actually picked that name because King Alfred was from Wessex and he’s my favorite historical figure. He was also one of the greatest medieval proponents of literacy and his personal journey took him from hiding for his life to reconquering his kingdom from the Vikings and eventually setting much of the rest of Brittian free as well. I think the name New Wessex is symbolic in the aspect that a lot of us will join it starting off as beginners but we hope to grow beyond that and flourish in our craft.

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

Um… Daeus.

You and I.

Are.

THE SAME PERSON.

I exist. Iโ€™m also a male writer, so now you know those exist too. Me.

And Iโ€™m extroverted, which makes me an endangered species. Me.

If you donโ€™t know me, I dream big, act casual, am magnetically attracted to the philosophical, love athletics and the outdoors but find myself on the computer most of the time. ME.

So hello, fellow guildmaster.

Let’s do this thing.

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Grace Livingston
    @gracelivingston

@Daeus-lamb Man, what a comeback story. ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s pretty cool.

"I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@daeus-lamb

Man. I feel ya. Are we male writers and endangered species? I really think we are.

Oh, yeah, I have gorgeousย blueย hair. Just kidding ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also, I feel the need to discuss something with you. The turtles? You’re keeping them off this forum? They’re hiding inside their shells and won’t come out because of it! Two of them even came and joined me

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Ben P
    @supermonkey42

@daeus-lamb Hey!

You dream of being a composer? Wow. Thatโ€™s really cool!

Oh, and youโ€™re on my top 8 writers list. In case you were wondering.

The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think on

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Hi, @daeus-lamb!

I suppose that would make me endangered, too. Even though I’m a female. Although I wouldn’t say I’ve met another writing chasm beast before……

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@sam-kowal Just give me a sec. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@supermonkey42
    Wow! Who’s the #1?

@brandon-miller
    Does this thing.

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘

Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara

@daeus-lamb When I go to the sign up form for the guilds, should I put my real name or my username? Thanks!

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Snapper
    @snapper

@daeus-lamb You mean I have to tag you with your last name too? ๐Ÿ˜›

Along with the red hair, he also has a perfect nose. Right, Daeus? So question, because this does seem to be a bit different from KP.

What are the guilds?

*melts your chair as a customary greeting*

*melts chair*

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

daeus-lamb ๐Ÿ˜€ There we go

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Ben P
    @supermonkey42

@daeus-lamb Probably Brandon Sanderson. It fluctuates.

The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.