fb

Hi….I'm Victoria

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi….I'm Victoria

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Victoria Marentette
    @inspirewrite

@introverted-elf

Welcome!

I am in Grade 7 piano and yes, I do like Chris Tomlin. I especially like “Noel” by him and also “Angels We Have Heard on High”

The World: a real place where real people do real things and experience real consequences - or at least t

Introverted Elf
    @introverted-elf

@inspirewriteย  Oh, cool! “Noel” is a really good song. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  I like “He Shall Reign Forevermore” off of his Christmas songs; it’s one of my favorites.

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@inspirewrite

Hello there! Another singer/piano person?? I am a musical member of SE, so allow me to be excited over you being musical as well!!!

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Victoria Marentette
    @inspirewrite

@selah-cheylah

I like to read historical fiction, but have recently departed from it because all I can find is romance and that isn’t my favorite genre to read in. I mostly write modern and adventure, but as I get better I would like to be able to write historical fiction.

The World: a real place where real people do real things and experience real consequences - or at least t

Victoria Marentette
    @inspirewrite

You are allowed to be excited! *Smiles*

Thanks! What exactly do you do as a musical member? Or is it just a term?

What kind of music do you like?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@inspirewrite I understand being fed up with hi-fic that is not realistic or relies on romance!ย  But if you would like some action, adventure filled hi-fic stories that glorify God and don’t have romance stuff…maybe you would like to beta read my book when I write it!?

Also, have you read any books by Douglas Bond, Eloise Jarvis McGraw, or Elizabeth George Speare?ย  Those are some of my fav his-fic writers!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@inspirewrite

Oh yes, his-fic romance is SO cheesy so often these days! So amazing to find those rare great his-fic writers…. ๐Ÿ™‚

Would you be interested in possibly reading my WIP (it is his-fic) when I am ready in a few weeks or so?!?!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Victoria Marentette
    @inspirewrite

@ariel-ashira

Yes, I have heard of Eloise Jarvis McGraw and Elisabeth George Speare.

I was actually thinking about how much his-fic I do read, mostly through school. Yes, Yes, Yes, I would love to beta-read your book! *Jumps up and down excitedly*

@selah-cheylah

Yes, yes, yes again!!! It would be a great honor

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@inspirewrite

Wonderful! I will let you know when I am ready. ๐Ÿ™‚

It should not be much longer, I hope! ๐Ÿ˜›

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@inspirewrite Welcome!

You play the piano? Coolness! I want to learn, but all my time is currently used up with church and family on Sundays, writing club, shopping,ย  and table tennis at the library/rec-center on Mondays, chemistry at a friend’s house on Tuesdays and Thursdays, park day on every other Friday, Wednesdays and Saturdays are spent doing housework and schoolwork, and of course I have schoolwork, housework, and then like an hour of free time to spend writing my stories and catching up on SE every school day ๐Ÿ˜€ So I’m pretty busy, lol. But since I’m homeschooled, I have more free time than most 14 year olds. Being homeschooled is such a blessing, and I’m insanely glad that my parents decided to join one of our local homeschool groups, because most, if not all, of my friends I met through it.

But enough about me ๐Ÿ˜€

You sound like my cousin… She LOVES olives. *gags* We will get her like three cans of olives for her b-day. And she LOVES them. *shakes head* Cousins are weird ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyways, glad to have you here! Hope you enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜€

โ€œEnough! Be quiet! I canโ€™t hear myself think! I canโ€™t hear my teeth chatter!"

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@inspirewrite Oh coolness! You’re 14 too!? *gets way too exited* ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

โ€œEnough! Be quiet! I canโ€™t hear myself think! I canโ€™t hear my teeth chatter!"

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@inspirewrite SOMEBODY SAY A 14-YEAR-OLD WHO WRITES POETRY/HISTORICAL FICTION, PLAYS PIANO, LOVES MANDISA AND WANTS TO SING HANDEL’S MESSIAH?!!!

REPORTING FOR DUTY

HIIIII VICTORIA OH MY GOODNESS I’M GETTING WAY TOO WORKED UP OVER THIS

WHAT SONGS DO YOU PLAY?

I KID YOU NOT WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I LISTEN TO HANDEL’S MESSIAH EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

(Apologize for the caps, I’m just so hAPPY!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

Victoria Marentette
    @inspirewrite

@anne-the-noob14

You are busy! It is true, though, being homeschooled gives me lots of free time, probably more than I would haveย  if I was in school. When you have time, you really should learn to play the piano! It is so pretty and a great foundation for other instruments. Yes, I do sound like your cousin, even though I intensely dislike olives….prefer bean….. ๐Ÿ™‚ *smiles sneakily* What grade are you in?

@esjohnson

Be excited!!!! I’m so glad that you listen to Handel’s Messiah. Truthfully, I never have, but want to so bad!!! So glad you’re here and that you found me!

How many siblings do you have? Where do you live? What grade are you in? And, what month is your birthday? (Mine is November)

Glad you’re here!

Victoria

Victoria Marentette
    @inspirewrite

I play out of Royal Conservatory, and am in Grade 7 in piano, so mostly Beethoven and some sonatinas and the occasional cool song!

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@inspirewrite I have one sister, live on the East Coast in the US, I’m in Grade 7 and my birthday’s in January. (Yay me!) I took a piano lessons for a few years but then they stopped, so I’m mostly self-taught. I can play the beginning of Fur Elise, a few pieces of Bach’s, some of Beethoven’s, but I love to compose my own songs and play hymns.

YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO HANDEL’S MESSIAH LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. (CAUSE IT DOES.)

I like this version best, played by the London Symphony Orchestra and conducted by Sir Colin Davis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuGSOkYWfDQ

IT IS AMAZING.

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest