fb

Hi, I'm new here…kind of

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi, I'm new here…kind of

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

Greetings, fellow Emberlings!

I joined SE when the forum first opened, and then I disappeared for all these months due to a lack of time and a bounty of tech issues.  I decided to re-introduce myself because though I know many of you from KP, there are also many of you I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet.  So if I know you, feel free to tacklehug me, and if I don’t know you, feel free to interrogate me and then tackle me. 😉

I write primarily historical fiction, but I have a dystopian going as well.  I’ve never been published, other than winning a few writing contests and then having my work featured in their books or on their websites.  I love drawing and painting.  Selah Chelyah is my older sister.  And for those of you wondering, I am a girl, I am nearly sixteen, and I am am ENFJ-A.

If you have nay more questions, which I’ve no doubt you do, fire away!  I’d love to hear what you guys write and like to do too!

@cassie-hartfinh

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

E. Grace
    @emgc

@ashira

Hi there! 👋 Welcome (officially) to the site! 😃

Ooh, you like drawing? So do I! What types of things do you like to draw/paint?

Well, I’m your personality opposite.  I’m an INFJ-A.  😊

I love historical fiction! Well, reading it that is.  Haven’t ever written it before.  😛My primary genres are science fiction and fantasy.

Nice meeting you!

P.S. Love the profile pic btw! XD Is that Aslan too?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by E. Grace.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by E. Grace.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@ashira Hey! I know you a little bit from KP. You might not know who I am though, xD I’ll tackle you anyways though. *Leaps onto you in the traditional tackle fashion*  My username on KP was “NottaWriter” or.. something like that? I haven’t been on there in a while. Haha.. It’s cool to see you again though! Have you joined a guild? They’re pretty cool.
    Have you been working on any art projects recently?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

@ashira

Welcome here (even though you’ve clearly known about SE longer than I have). It’s great to meet you!

Ooh… interrogation time… >:) What do you think inspires you the most when writing? What’s the premise of the novel you’re working on? What is the most embarrassing novel/book/story you’ve written? What’s your favorite book in the bible? Favorite biblical character (besides God)? Alright, no more interrogation (for now). May I tackle you now? 😛

I love writing in all sorts of genres (though recently I’ve mostly handled mysteries), and also haven’t been published, though I’ve had a poem published on this site before.

I’m so glad to meet you!

Always remember you're unique...
    ...Just like everyone else

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@ashira *rushes in, puffs inhaler, throws confetti halfheartedly from lack of oxygen* Hello, you called? Welcome back, I suppose! Do I know you? You seem to know me, else my name wouldn’t be in your post. I do know your sister! She’s cool. So are you! So tell me more about yourself. I am an 18-year-old native of the Mojave Desert, and I recently published my first novel, which I wrote when I was 13, so it isn’t very good. But at least it’s a start, right? My current novel, my fourth, is much better. I actually have two other novels waiting for illustrations before they get published, so.

ANYWAYS!! If you’re interested in my first novel, follow this link: https://www.amazon.com/Hunted-Past-Trixie-Burlap/dp/1732605106/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533175754&sr=8-1&keywords=the+hunted+past+trixie+burlap

If you’re interested in following along as I write and edit my current novel, follow this link and be sure to leave comments! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ooUiWHMnl9QesfLHrCyY3VHa1xAeTadmCXzJ-fAWYHE/edit

Soooo, yeah. What’s your favorite color? Favorite book (of course)? Favorite place to go? Favorite ice-cream flavor? Mine are blue, “How the City Fell” by Katelyn Prince, Ireland, and mint-chocolate-chip.

*silently melts back into the shadows, then drops inhaler and exposes secret exit*

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@emgc Glad to meet you!  I like painting people and animals (especially horses and wolves and lions) and then I usually do mountains or some other nice landscape in the background.  I like to use acrylic paint.  What medium do you like?

Well, I guess it could be Aslan.  I usually think of it as the lion of Judah.  I love your profile picture btw, and your signature too!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@the-fledgling-artist Hey, if it isn’t Notta Writer!  *tacklehugs* No, I am not in a guild yet, but I am on the waiting list.  I think I have to wait until the first of next month.  I am currently painting a wolf with mountains in the background.  You working on anything?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kb-writer Oooh…I get to be interrogated!  Yay!

Reading history and the Bible are the things that most inspire me.  Sometimes passages from scripture or history/research seem to leap out at me and scream “write me in your story!”

I have like seven or eight current WIPs so its hard to tell you my favorite.  The one I have been working on longest is a story about early Christians in Roman Carthage, Tunisia, 203 A.D. and it is based on the story of Perpetua.

*covers face*  The most embarrasing story I ever wrote was about a talking strawberrry who is stuffed into a crate in a semi truck and taken to the store where she has many adventures before finally getting bought and eaten.  But it was a happy ending, I wrote, because Sylvia Strawberry was eaten by a Christian.  Yeah, that was several years ago.  *blushes*

My favorite book and character in the Bible?  Impossible!  Umm… Esther is a favorite because that is my real name.  And when Iwas little I loved stories about David and Joseph and Daniel. Goodness, my mind is flooding.  There’s so many good ones!  I like reading the gospels because they have stories and teachings of Jesus.  But I get a lot of inspiration for my stories from Psalms and Isaiah.

What about you?

And yes, you can tackle me now – unless I tackle you first!

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@cassie-hartfinh Hey, asthma sister!  Yeah, your tag was the only one I knew because Selah told me.  She let me read some of your book The Cry of the Lost and also your hermit crab story.   I really enjoyed both!

My favorite color…well I like pink, blue, and purple.  There are so many great colors in the world!

One of my fav books is The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare.  Hostage Lands by Douglas Bond and Beric the Briton by GA Henty are also on the top.

Favorite place is IDAHO!  I think you would love it here.  I can breathe!

What about you?

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@ashira Ah, yes, Selah told me she told you, lol. You liked my stories?!?! *squeals in jubilation* I just added a new chapter to “The Cry of the Lost” if you’re following as I write, like Selah. Lol, I wrote the hermit crab story based on my experience with a hermit crab at the beach this past summer. I wondered what the story would have looked like from the point of view of the crab, so I wrote it. It was an interesting experience, lol.

Ooh, I LOVE pink and purple when they’re together with blue! All the colors really compliment each other, in my opinion.

Never heard of any of those books, sorry to say. Are they good? (well duh, Cassie!! They’d have to be good if they’re her favorites!)

You can breathe in Idaho?? Now I REALLY want to go there!! I’ve been having a lot of asthma attacks here in the Mojave recently…Idaho sounds like a dream come true. Tell me something. Is it…is it, by any chance, green in Idaho?

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@ashira: Hey! nice to meet you! I’m pretty new too so its good to connect with other new people (though I guess your only kind new XD) however there is an important question that must be answered before I associate with you and is this:

can you respond correctly to this quote: “Who are you?”

If so you get a virtual bear hug, my friendship, and maybe some virtual pizza from the tribe of Meerkats (feel free to ask for help!)

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ashira, GIANT TACKLEHUG!! Like, I have a right to, do I not?! 🙂 Great grand introduction, BTW.

@cassie-hartfinh
    , it is ABSOLUTELY green in Idaho. Oh yeah! Google, “Idaho scenery”, or something. Coeur d Alene is the best, though, seriously. (I know I should stop repeating myself before I wear you out on the praises of ID. “_)

@theinconceivable1
    , you must be a newer member of Meraki as I did not recognize your tag. Welcome! 🙂 Did you contribute to the winning entry recently? I am afraid I did not… 🙁

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@selah-chelyah: No I didn’t, i just got here, but apparently it was pretty groundbreaking! are you in Meraki too?: D

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@ariel-ashira

ARIEL!!!!! *Tackle hugs*

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@ariel-ashira

Oh, may I please come to Idaho too? My asthma has been horrible lately!

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.