fb

Hi… I'm new….

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi… I'm new….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    StorySeeker
    @storyseeker

Um…. hi?

I’m the new to story embers, and I guess I’m supposed to tell a few things about me. So I’m a fantasy lover, I’m socially awkward around people in general, I’m a Christian, and I’m a writer ( that one was kinda obvious, seeing as I signed onto a writer’s forum ).

I decided to join Story Embers because, well… first off it was recommended to me by a friend, second…. I really don’t know what the second reason is I’m just trying something new.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyseeker

Hey there! I go by Wordsmith…

I very much enjoy reading and writing! Fantasy is up there on my reading list, though I prefer sci-fi/techy/superheroy when writing.

I have a blog, TheBookshelfStaircase.wordpress.com, where I post stories on a regular basis, also having written one novella, and working on a current WIP.

What do you enjoy writing? And why do you enjoy writing it?

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

StorySeeker
    @storyseeker

@Wordsmith

I enjoy writing fantasy. I love other genres as well, such as sci-fi and superhero stuff.  ; ) I’m going to have to check out your blog.

But most of my stories are either fantasy, sci-fi or superhero ( I think I have one steampunk as well ). In general I like any genre where the impossible is possible.

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Hullo, @storyseeker! Welcome to Story Embers! I like your username. 😉

Do tell, what are some of your favorite books?

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyseeker

Yes… Where the impossible is possible. I also really like sci-fi/techy/superheroy becuase it lends itself to my writing style.

StorySeeker
    @storyseeker

@S.F.Dekreel

Thanks

My all time favorite book is the Chronicles of Narnia. I grew up listening to it, so I like to say I grew up in Narnia. ; )

I also enjoy works by J.R.R. Tolkien, Donita K Paul, Jill Williamson, and Scott Appleton. ( yes they are all fantasy writers )

StorySeeker
    @storyseeker

@wordsmith

what are your favorite books?

StorySeeker
    @storyseeker

btw, do any of you people know how to join a guild?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyseeker

My favorite books are… LOTR, Ender’s Game, 1oo Cupboards series, The Ashtown Burials series, The Night Gardener, Peter Nimble (not entire title), Sophie Quire (not the entire title), Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Wingfeather Saga, and more.

And yes, I do know how… But allow me to tag @daeus-lamb to answer.

Anonymous

Welcome @storyseeker! I’m Millennium…or Emily.

I’m a wynged. Points at profile picture. And I have a dragon…https://storyembers.org/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/46623/nofldgtkxp045fym3947d6p6ilov95dn.jpeg

That’s Moondust. ⬆️

As for guilds…go up to the top of the page where it says Story Embers, and go to where it says Forum, tap on that and then tap About the Guilds. 

Hope that works! 😉

Libby
    @libby

@storyseeker It’s nice to meet you!  I’m so glad you’ve decided to join!  I guess I might say that I am socially awkward, so you’re not the only one.  😉
    Fantasy is not my strongpoint in writing, but I enjoy reading it, although I typically stick with historical fiction or history in both reading and writing.  However, Lord of the Rings is probably my favorite fantasy book.  What are your favorite books?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@storyseeker Hey there. Check the guilds out here: https://storyembers.org/about-the-guilds/

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

StorySeeker
    @storyseeker

@wordsmith

yay! I figured it out. However my family is on vacation at this moment, and my internet is limited. Would it be ok if I sent in my application now? or should I wait until after my family get back from vacation?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@storyseeker

Yes! That would be fine.

StorySeeker
    @storyseeker

@wordsmith

ok thanks,

it was so great to meet you all. : )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.