Hi, I guess? :P

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi, I guess? :P

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Riah Black
    @morwen

*raises hand timidly*

Hi Emberlings,

I’m Riah (as you can probably see). I just joined Story Embers and I’m excited to be here. I’m also on KP and YDubs, for those who are interested.

About me: I’m a geeky, introverted homeschooler who loves to read and write. Besides that I also enjoy photography, art, theology, and languages in my spare time. I also play the violin and I love music of any kind, Irish/Celtic in particular. My personality type is INFJ, which often bleeds into my characters (duh).

I tend to go on long, passionate rants about why the LOTR is the best trilogy ever written and I’m a master of Middle Earth history. My eye is sharply critical (hey, don’t take that the wrong way) and the best way to make them glow is to furnish a book with complex and soul-stirringly realistic characters.

In my humble opinion I am rather good at titling and naming characters, and it would be my utmost pleasure to help any of you who are encountering problems in that department.

That being said, änar kalúva tíelyänna. I shall see you around.

Utulíe-n äure - auta í lomë

Gracie
      @kimlikesart

@morwen

I love your name! ‘The Lord Has Remembered’ so beautiful.

I’m also home-schooled and a INFJ. Until joining here I thought coming in contact with other INFJs was a next to impossible task. But there are quite a few on here. (:

Have you finished any first drafts (or further) on any of your books? What’s your favorite genra to write in? Fantasy?

Irish/Celtic music is beautiful! So light, but dark. Fraught with dances, whispers, and joy…but also sadness… Tis good.

Well, welcome to StoryEmbers! I know things can be pretty confusing at first, so if you have any questions don’t be hesitant to ask. (:

Welcome again!

Gracie

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Riah Black
        @morwen

Well, my name is actually Mariah, which means ‘the Lord is my teacher’ :))

I thought finding INFJs was impossible too.  I still don’t know any in real life, just online, haha.

I have finished one full length novel and two short stories, and I’m currently working on a fantasy novel and a dystopia.

And yes, I do write mainly fantasy with dystopia on the side.

Thank you for your welcome 🙂

Eitan
          @eitan

@morwen

Hello and welcome!

From where are you? How is the place? And what’s interesting about it?

Bible questions! What are your favorite…

• book (just one!)?
            • verse (it’s hard, I know 😉 )?
            • character (besides Jesus (: )?

And explain why, please (:

Besides that I also enjoy photography, art, theology, and languages in my spare time

What do you like to photograph?

Do you draw? What is your style?

Theology… What’s your favorite subject?

Languages is cool! What is your favorite language, and why? What subjects interest you the most in linguistics? And do you conlang?

Tolkien is great!

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Riah Black
            @morwen

Where I’m from is a secret *laughs evilly* but it’s very fun and all. Quite the adventure, I might say.

My favorite book has to be Ecclesiastes because of its pessimistic note 😉 Favorite verse is Isaiah 9:2. I love the imagery it portrays in such vivid language. It speaks to me every time I read it. Favorite character is Esther. Cliche maybe, but I admire her courage.

I love doing portraits as to photography. I draw in a realistic kind of way, attempting to portray the shades and shadows as they really are — that is, trying to make the drawing look as close as possible to a photograph. Theology, I think I like the doctrines of grace most. They’re really fascinating and awesome.

I’m learning Spanish and Koine Greek, besides speaking English and Romanian fluently. And yes, I know as much of Quenya Elvish as is literally possible.

Nice to meet you, btw.

Maya Joelle
              @mayajoelle

@morwen Hey! I think I remember you from YDubs. Vaguely. (I left mid-June.) Were you on the Crazy Writing Week? With a black and white profile pic?

I’m on KP too but I very rarely use it — even less than I use SE, and I’m (sadly) quite sporadically on here.

What kind of theology do you enjoy? All of it? XD I love theology, and philosophy as well, and would love to talk about it sometime.

My personality type may or may not also be INFJ *mysterious grin* The fact is, I don’t know what it is. I think I’m actually E, but I act like I’m I… Now to figure out my cognitive function stack. If you’re on YDubs then you probably know Dylan and Essie (and maybe Havilah?). They helped me figure out what I know about MBTI (along with former YDubbers Emily and Nina) and thanks to them I’m not completely clueless. Some days I just give up, though.

I consider myself a LOTR expert as well, but I haven’t immersed myself in Middle-earth lore for too long so I’m probably not as knowledgeable as you. I’m definitely more educated than the average reader, though. Also, I can write in Tengwar, and I know (a little) Quenya.

I also enjoy naming characters! Have you ever checked out the site Behind the Name? It’s my favorite for finding names with rich histories and meanings.

Are you Romanian? Or do you just like the language? I’m learning Latin, I can write in Greek and Tengwar scripts (in English), and I know a small amount of Greek, Welsh, and Quenya. Plus I’d like to learn Old English, German, Korean, Hebrew/Aramaic, and Sindarin. My passion exceeds my skill and time and commitment, though.

Nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy SE!

𝓯𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓷𝓸 𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 | 𝓶𝓪𝔂 𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 𝓯𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾

Wingiby Iggiby
                @wingiby-iggiby

Howdy, Riah! It’s nice to meet you! I’m relatively new here myself, and I’ve had a great time! I hope to get to know you better 😉

I’m home schooled too, and love to read and write when I know what to write. I LOVE art, and am hoping to get better at drawing. I like country music, bluegrass, Irish, and worship music like Andrew Peterson’s and the Getty’s; but I listen to country artists from Johnny Cash to Brooks and Dunn a lot. If you get me talking country, you probably won’t hear the end of my lyrical quotes.

And if you want some soul-stirring characters, have you read the Wingfeather Saga? I might as well say that currently I’m 90% water, 5% Wingfeather Saga, and 5% everything else weird and wacky about me — which ranges from STAR WARS to snails to strange one liners.

I’m doing a character study in the Bible on Peter right now, and it’s highly interesting! I used to play piano, and then I took voice lessons; but now I just want to try to write and try to draw.

I am learning Latin right now, but wow! I don’t know how you manage to tackle all those languages.

I hope to see you around!

Wingiby Iggiby — aka Brooke

God is great, milk-shakes are good, and people are crazy.

Riah Black
                  @morwen

@wingiby-iggiby

Is that even a legit question? OF COURSE I’VE READ THE WINGFEATHER SAGA!!!!! Er, at least the first two ones 😛 I’m waiting for the next two to come out in September.

Voice lessons? Wow, I always wished I could sing. But I sing like a crow (ok, that’s a little bit exagerrated, but you get the picture).

I like Andrew Peterson’s music too, and the Getty’s are awesome.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Riah Black.

Kristianne Hassman
                    @kristianne-hassman

@morwen

Welcome to Story Embers! That’s so neat you play the violin! I also play violin, as well as piano. Celtic music is sooo beautiful.

I’m also an INFJ! It’s always exciting to meet other people with the same personality type. 😀

And yes, LOTR is one of the BEST series ever. Do you have any other favorite series?

Riah Black
                      @morwen

@kristianne-hassman

Hi to you too! Long live the INFJs!

I also like the Blades of Acktar, the Wingfeather Saga, and The Chronicles of Narnia in no particular order.

Wingiby Iggiby
                        @wingiby-iggiby

@morwen

YAY! YOU HAVE! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT SERIES! And you haven’t been able to read 3 and 4?! Oh man. Now I need something to keep me from spoiling. Uh, let me skip somewhere else…

Who’s your favorite character? Mine is Artham, but I love all of the others. The series couldn’t be the same without them. Just wait till you read The Monster in the Hollows — the new characters are great. And I mean awesome.

I enjoyed voice lessons, and I like to think I have a good voice, but I don’t know. And I totally get what you mean 😉 As it is, I have a hard time trying to sing in the right pitch. I’m always too high. Way to high.

And yes! They are awesome. Their music is so good, and so powerful.

God is great, milk-shakes are good, and people are crazy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest