Hi guys! What's up!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi guys! What's up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Hey! This is Rebecca!

@dakota
    , I’m finally on here sis!!!!

I’m 15 and have been writing stories for about as long as I can remember. I have one finished (not published though) and am working on gazillions more. My favorite Genres are Mystery and Allegory. I also love writing and reading poetry (esp. OLD poetry).

I’m home schooled and my favorite subject is History BY FAR!! I’d rather read history than anything else. πŸ™‚

When I’m not reading or writing (which is rare) I like to make walking sticks, crochet, shoot archery and any kind of gun there is, cook, and (my favorite thing to do) listen to LOTS AND LOTS of music!

I’ve dabbled in art, but I don’t think I’m very good. πŸ™

I’m a daughter of the KING and strive to honor him in everything I do, write, read and listen to.

I’m a hopeless people-watcher and people addict, and am always searching for an inspiration to write. Even though I already have WAAAAAAAY too many WIPs.

I’m a a sarcastic till the day I die (or you die from the sarcasm), but I love to help anybody in anyway I can! (esp. writing help)

So there! Me in as small a nutshell as I can manage!

Sold souls and dead promises

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

Hi and welcome to Story Embers πŸ™‚

I think I beat everyone else to welcome you xD

I TOTALLY understand having dozens of stories that I am working on…and not finishing LOL

YEAH…another history lover…that is my favourite subject too πŸ™‚

Archery? That is soo cool!!!! I love that sort of stuff…but don’t get to do it much…unless it’s shooting possums with a gun LOL

I am very sarcastic too, so you are in great company xD

Where are you from, if you don’t mind me asking? I live in New Zealand πŸ™‚

Also, who is your favourite author?

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

@abigail-rebekah

Hey! Yeah, my sister traps so I’ve shot a possum before as well. LOL ! πŸ™‚

I’m from Kentucky! And my name is Rebecca!

My favorite author. . . George MacDonald or Ed Dunlop.

It’s really nice to meet you! Are you not in a guild yet either?

The Writing Gremlin
      @banana-peacock-warrior

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer:

Hi, Rebecca! Nice to meet you! Welcome to Story Embers! (Rats… Abby beat me… πŸ™ XD) I’m really kinda new on here, myself, but it’s just so great to meet new people!!!

Hey, another homeschooler! πŸ™‚ How long have you been homeschooled?

WOW… your interests sound so EXCITING! I don’t know if it’s because I’ve never held any sort of gun in my hand, like, ever, but STILL!

So you say you love music… SO WITH YOU, SISTER. Who’s your favorite song artist?

-Kenzie

β€œWhen anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
        ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

@banana-peacock-warrior

Cool, you seem like you’re doing a lot on here already though

Well, I’ve really been homeschooled all my life and since I started school when I was four and I’m fifteen now, you can figure it out πŸ˜‰

Yeah. I have five siblings, two sisters and three brothers, and our father introduced us to hunting at a very young age. And I’ve always loved it! Then we met some friends who got us into 4H. I went to my first competition and I was hooked!

Well, as a family we try to only listen to Christian music. I’ve heard some Owl City though, they used to play him on Christian radio, and I was REALLY hooked! I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of him. . . I don’t listen to all of his music, cause a lot of it isn’t Christian. But yeah, a big dreamer, just like me. (His hymns are amazing btw, you can find them on youtube). Other than that, I REALLY like For King and Country!

And then I love instrumental music too!!

-Rebecca

The Writing Gremlin
        @banana-peacock-warrior

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer: Yeah I’ve been homeschooled just about my whole life, as well. I went to preschool for a half a year and then was homeschooled from kindergarten up until now: 15 and sophomore.

That’s really cool being into hunting! My uncle got a huge property in Columbus a year or two ago and he’s trying to introduce my brother to hunting. My brother is excited, since his friend hunts, but my mom is still like, “NO.” I guess that’s what you get for living in the suburbs your whole life without many places to go for that… XD

Same about the music! When I first got a phone I wasn’t allowed on YouTube at all unless it was Christian. I still have a total preference for Christian music. Secular stuff just seems… useless… you know? I mean, there definitely are secular songs that I WILL listen to (like some NSYNC, movie soundtracks, etc.), but I mostly avoid browsing in that genre; I don’t quite want to find something I didn’t want to hear initially. (Like I really love Phantom of the Opera and Hamilton, but their song vibes were definitely outside my comfort zone. Well, that’s what we have instrumentals, for!) Yeah, Owl City is really good! I really love their Christmas special with TobyMac, Light of Christmas, but yeah I agree that I haven’t really browsed all his stuff because it isn’t all Christian. I’ve never heard his hymns before… I’d like to look at those! And YES. For King and Country is SO GOOD! I haven’t looked at ALL their music but the loads that I’ve heard I LOVE.

LOL but when it comes to music, though, I’m also the homeschooler who is obsessed with Veggietales… like OBSESSED. I mean, who else sings about romantic manatees and office supplies musicals? XD

So you said that you finished one of your stories, already- what’s it about? πŸ™‚

Dakota
          @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Hiya! You’re here at last!

Psalm 119:11
          Your word I have hidden in my heart,
          That I might not sin against You.

@banana-peacock-warrior

That’s awesome! I love meeting fellow homeschoolers! My best friend is homeschooled too. Their family does a lot of hunting and trapping just like mine does.

Hunting is fun! You guys should really get into it. It’s also a good way of providing for your family while getting outdoors in the quiet.

It’s good to hear you agree about music too!!! A lot of my friends don’t agree with me on that subject. Here is the link to my favorite of Owl City’s hymns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfQO99HVogE . I think it’s super cool!! He has talent. Did you know he also does instrumental music? He does all sorts of cool things. OH YES I love the song he did with Toby Mac!! That was awesome!

Did you know that the guys from For King and Country are Australian? I thought that was so cool when I first found out.

Yeah, I do listen to sound tracks and stuff. I like music by The Piano Guys. They’re not Christians, but the music is SOOO inspiring!!

And I am also OBSESSED with veggietales!! LOL!! I like Adventures in Odyssey too! More the radio dramas than the cartoons.

Well. . . the story I finished was an allegory. About a teen0aged guy and girl and a dragon. It was about turning from the distractions and ‘saviours’Β  that the world had to offer and trusting in Jesus as our true saviour and light. So yeah.

ShadowWriter161
          @shadowwriter161

Hi! Welcome! Should I be worried that you sound like a slightly different version of me? Haha XD

I LOVE Christian music too, (Especially For King and Country). I’m obsessed with Owl City, (My three favorite songs being;Β Everything, You are Not Alone, and Always). And my favorite station to listen to is KLOVE.

I’ve always wanted to learn how to shoot and do archery. Hunting isn’t really my thing, but I’m willing to try anything once.

I’m sorry to ramble on like this, but it’s so rare I find someone into so many of the things I love. Ok, I’ll stop now. Welcome again, and I’m glad you’re here. πŸ™‚

P.S I saw that you likeΒ Veggietales,Β I used to watch that all the time growing up!

Abigail Rebekah
            @abigail-rebekah

Hi Rebecca,

Nice to meet you too πŸ™‚

Your sister traps? WOW! That would be so fun xD

I haven’t really heard of those authors before. What genre do they write?

No, I am not in a guild, yet. ( Emphasis on YET LOL)Β  But I would really like to join one sometime soon πŸ™‚

Sorry, I am kinda jumping in on other peoples posts but that is so cool about hunting. I would so love to do hunting properly xD

I have 6 siblings. Do you like being part of a big family?

I also am homeschooled. It is so much fun, isn’t it?

Oh cool, you listen to For King and Country?Β  I LOVE their music. And The Piano Guy’s stuff. It is really pretty.

The conversation ya’ll were having about music looked really good πŸ™‚

And your book sounds super cool xD

Do you play any instruments?

@banana-peacock-warrior

Yep, I definitely beat you LOL πŸ™‚

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Holly Anne
              @holly-anne

Hi Rebecca!!! Welcome to SE!!! *bows*

So glad to meet another sarcastic-crazy-person lol. I’m not sarcastic. Not at all. *winks*

I’m 16 πŸ™‚ And I love history too!!! Especially ancient history…

I also love archery (although I’ve only done it ‘properly’ a couple of times… yep, tried making my own bows…didn’t really work lol). And I LOVE guns, and I am a MUSIC-FREAK lol. Seriously, I would listen to music basically all day if I could. So, yes, we must have a few things in common!!!

And I totally sympathize with you about too many WIPs. Creativity can be so annoying sometimes lol…

Anyways, glad to meet you πŸ™‚

What kind of writing help do you like doing the most? I love editing and critiquing πŸ™‚

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
                Composer, Writer, Sarcastic πŸ˜‰

The Writing Gremlin
                @banana-peacock-warrior

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer: Sweeet. Yeah I don’t know- my brother might be interested in hunting, but if anything I’d love to learn to shoot a bow and arrow really well as opposed to using a gun.Β  I have an odd obsession with them… I think I have some in almost every story I write….

Yes he IS good. No, I didn’t know he did instrumentals! Yeah yeah yeah I did know that For King and Country was Australian! Honestly Australian singers are so gooood *refers to the old Newsboys*. Have you ever listened to DC Talk? Love them so much. I haven’t listened to a whole ton of Piano Guys- though I have saved a couple of their things on Spotify. Their music really is super good.

VEGGIETALES!

Your story sounds great! I love allegory, too! Super cool! (and I really like dragons too! πŸ™‚ LOL I just love a lot of random things in books I write or read… specifically 1.dragons, 2.robots, and 3.ducks{don’t ask. I don’t know why.}.)

Random question for a random subject: do you like any random things for no reason?

@shadowwriter161

*laughs evily* you should be worried. . . VERY worried. Ehh, not really. I love finding people that I have things in common with.

Owl city is like my favorite artist EVER!! πŸ˜‰ <3 OOOOHHH I had heard the first two, not Always. I just looked it up. That shows you how crazy I am about Owl City!! There’s one song that isn’t Christian from him that I really like. . . and that’s FIREFLIES. I think they used to play it on one of the Christian stations I listen to. Yeah we listen to K-LOVE sometimes. I like to just look up music though and not listen to one particular station. I like AIR 1 too.

I am glad you want to learn archery. I want to do more traditional archery. My bow is a more modern type.

I’m glad to talk to you and I don’t mind if you ramble

@abigail-rebekah

Yeah it is a lot of fun to trap.

Well George MacDonald is dead now. He wrote Christian Historical fiction. Ed Dunlop writes a lot of genres, but all Christian stories. My favorites of his are The Chronicles of Terrestria.

Hmm. . . interesting. . . I see a lot of people here who are not in a guild and all have stuff in common. I’ve been considering starting my own guild if anybody’s interested. . .

Yeah I love hunting and being in a big family

Thanks, I’m glad you think my book sounds cool! πŸ™‚

I do play some piano, though I’m not very good at it. I have a violin and I’m DYING to learn how to play it. I’ve always been obsessed with violin!

@holly-anne

YAY sarcastic people!! They’re SOO hard to deal with aren’t they? *winks back*

I’ve always loved History. Ancient history is so cool. I was always intrigued by the Romans and Greeks.

I’m actually a certified archery instructor in 4H. So get to help a lot of people learn to shoot and it’s SUPER fun.

As far as writing help. . . I like helping people develop plots and characters. I also love critiquing and editing. πŸ™‚ Speaking of which I started a character help thread https://storyembers.org/forums/topic/anybody-need-character-help/

feel free to check it out everybody.

@banana-peacock-warrior

Yeah, archery has more of the traditional feel to it.

You should listen to Owl City’s instrumentals. I’ve listened to a few and THEY ARE EPIC!!! Yep I’ve listened to DC Talk! I like em too.

VEGGIETALES!

I’m glad you like my story!

I DO like random things for no reason. . . too random to think of at the moment LOL πŸ™‚

ShadowWriter161
                  @shadowwriter161

I’m super happy there are other people out there like me too πŸ˜€

If you start a Guild I will TOTALLY join! I’ve been looking into the Guilds, and joining a group of people who are kinda like me sounds awesome. XD

Owl City is the greatest! I have a playlist on my phone of, like, ALL his songs. Lol.Β Fireflies is a classic, one of his best. All of his songs are clean, although they don’t make a lot of sense. XD

I’m glad you don’t mind rambling, as you can see I do it a lot. πŸ˜‰

Ok, I’ll stop now. *waves*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest