Hi! *goes to shake your hand and trips, faceplanting so hard a garden grows.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi! *goes to shake your hand and trips, faceplanting so hard a garden grows.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SailorJ
    @sailorj

Hi, I am Josiah.  I have been a writer for as long as I can remember, and have recently been taking it seriously by joining Young Writers Workshop.   I love to cook and play all sorts of music: I play guitar, sax, piano, and sing.   I am a little bit of a introvert (but if I know you I won’t stop talking).  My favorite books are the War of the Realms series by Chuck Black.  Can’t wait to get to know y’all. 🙂

Also not sure how tags work here but a friend asked me to tag them so…@Kari-Karast

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@sailorj

Ooooof. *hands watering can and ice pack*

How long have you been playing piano and guitar?

(So I’ve found. XD I’m the same way.)

Wow I need to read Chuck Black books…

"You can dance with my henchman."

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@sailorj

Hi! *waves and hands you a plant for your garden* Welcome!

I’m a newbie here too, and I know you’re going to love it here. I like to think of myself as an Introverted-Extroverted, (which is a strange way of saying I’m like you, haha).

I am also super impressed with your numerous musical abilities. *starts clapping* I like to sing myself, but I don’t know if I’m any good at it. 😉

What kind of story’s do you like to write? And any WIPs you wouldn’t mind sharing? 😀

Chalice
      @chalice

@sailorj, Hey, and welcome to Story Embers.

*Gasps* You play sax?? What kind do you play? (Okay, sorry about that. I love the sax.)

What do you like to write about? Do you like to listen to music while you write?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
      “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Alaia Ballantyne
      @mckinley

@sailorj

Welcome!!!

How are you liking Ydubs? I used to be on there, but I came off at the beginning of this year. It wasn’t until joining, though, that I started to take writing seriously either. I miss it… especially the community. (Not that I don’t love it here, of course.)

I play the piano (or at least I used to…), a tiny bit of guitar (tiny is an understatement… I know next to nothing), and I’m learning the sax (alto). I love to sing, too!

What genre do you write? I like to write dystopian, but I also have a non-fiction Christian blog.

Well, see ya around! Hope you like it here.

ENFP | I should be writing...

SailorJ
      @sailorj

Ok a lot of questions *big breath*

I play alto sax and have been playing for a year and 1/2, I have been playing piano since November, and I have been playing guitar for 4 or 5 years though I am not very good.  I listen to classical music and Christian pop while I’m writing.

I write adventure fiction and sci-fi (sometimes).  My current WIP is about kids with special abilities. It’s kind of cliché but I still enjoy it.

*breaths again*

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by SailorJ.
      Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@sailorj

What type of classical music?

Waitttt. I didn’t realize you write sci-fi! How much have you written of it?

SailorJ
      @sailorj

I like Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons…….and pretty much everything else.

I have only written short stories on Sci-Fi.  But I am working on “The War of the Hollows” as you know from YDubs…

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

Ooh. I used to dance to one of the summer ones in the Four Seasons, the one with the frantic violining, until I got dizzy and fell over. XD

Ooh, cool! I wish I could write short stories…

SailorJ
      @sailorj

Wow I used to dance too!  Except I didn’t get dizzy bc I have no vestibular function, meaning I don’t get dizzy.   🙂

I didn’t say my short stories where good… I just said I wrote them. XD

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

I still dance, sometimes. Just not to the 4 Seasons. More often than dancing I act out stuff as my characters along to the music. Not getting dizzy sounds awesome.

XD At least you wrote them. I’ve created a grand total of one. And I don’t think it has a theme. XD

Holly Anne
      @holly-anne

@sailorj

Hi! Welcome to SE!!!

That’s so cool that you play guitar, piano and sax!! I play piano, guitar, and cajon (box drum), but piano is my main instrument. Do you play classical music or do you enjoy composing your own stuff?

@kari-karast

I love your tagline BTW!!!

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
        Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@holly-anne

Thank you! Yours is cool too!

Holly Anne
        @holly-anne

@kari-karast

Thanks 🙂 🙂

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
          Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

SailorJ
          @sailorj

@holly-anne  Thanks!

I mainly play classical music, I am in the prosses of composing my own score though!  Piano is also my main instrument, though I have been playing the other two longer. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest