Hi from Texas!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi from Texas!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@arindown

To start off, your story does sound cool.

Actually my family just started watching The Chosen two days ago, which is funny that you should mention it. I like it a lot!

No, no other writers in my family. But both my parents love to read. They’re  usually very supportive of my writing. 🙂

I can’t wait to hear more about your book. Stories of redemption are my favorites. (;

Jominkreesa

Why is surviving important? Would you not rather die for the truth?

Kimmi
      @kimlikesart

@eitan

I enjoyed your message a lot! I love Israel, and I know it sounds weird because I’ve never been there or even met a Jew in person…But I do. I copied and turned what you said about Israel into a file so I can use it for reference.

Why do you like King David the most?

I was wondering what you’d think about the ministering to Muslims… Because, well, they want to destroy your people…God’s people… So, yeah.

Well, do you have any pets? That’s so cool that you can speak and write two languages! Was English hard to learn?

What do you do for fun?

Gracie (:

Jominkreesa

Eitan
        @eitan

@kimlikesart

I enjoyed your message a lot! I love Israel, and I know it sounds weird because I’ve never been there or even met a Jew in person…But I do. I copied and turned what you said about Israel into a file so I can use it for reference.

Cool! I’m glad I heped you! 🙂

Why do you like King David the most?

Hmm… Well, first of all, he’s an archetype for Jesus! And I view him as a source of comfort, since even after he’d sinned horribly and lost 4 children, he could still say ”The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want”.

I was wondering what you’d think about the ministering to Muslims… Because, well, they want to destroy your people…God’s people… So, yeah.

Go for it! If the Arabs were believers in Jesus, there were no terrorism, wars or hate. Actually, I’ve heard and read testimonies of antisemitic Muslims who came to Christ and completely abandoned their old hate – including Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of the Hamas leader himself.

Was English hard to learn?

Hmm… I learn it since the age of 8, so I don;t really remember how hard it was…

What do you do for fun?

Draw, sometimes read and write, and my robotics team, if it counts.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@kimlikesart Very cool! I like chess, but I’ve never actually finished an entire game of Risk. It’s so incredibly looonnng. 😆

Catan is a classic tho. I approve. 😉

@kimlikesart

So, something weird must have happened, because I got an email that said you had replied to one of my comments, but I don’t see your reply on here. have no idea what went wrong, but can you maybe re-ask me whatever it was the you did before so I can answer? If not, whatever.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
          -JRR Tolkien

Oh, @kimlikesart, never mind. I realized I can just read what you said off the email I got.

Yes, I am the youngest in the family. The baby. *Gags*

Yes, I like my sister-in-law. She’s super sweet and really nice! 🙂

And about my story with the fish murder… How about I just post it on another page on here so you can read if for yourself? 😉 I’ll do it, and I’ll tag you so you’ll be sure to see it. Hope you like it! (And I’m working on another story of something that’s happened in my life, so I’ll post that on here too.)

-JRR Tolkien

@anyonewhoisonhere

Can anyone on here tell me how to make a new page or whatever you call it? I have no idea how to do it, since I’ve never had to do it before. Lol.

-JRR Tolkien

@claire

Do you know how to make a new page on here? If you do, could you tell me, ’cause I want to, but I can’t figure it out.

-JRR Tolkien

Kimmi
          @kimlikesart

@olivia No, I don’t. Sorry.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Kimmi.

Jominkreesa

@kimlikesart

Ya, I thought about asking you, then realized you’re even newer than I am. Lol. 😛  What did you to do introduce yourself?

-JRR Tolkien

Anyway, I’ll just figure it out tomorrow. 🙂 But thanks.

-JRR Tolkien

Kimmi
            @kimlikesart

@olivia

I don’t know…I think there was a group or something that said ‘Introduce Yourself’ or something like that. I tried to find it afterward and failed…soooo….

(:

Jominkreesa

Arindown
              @arindown

@kimlikesart

My family is very supportive of my writing also. Actually too supportive sometimes…in the sense that they complain whenever I have a story or something that I don’t let them read.😆 They keep me in balance. I also have to think about audience a lot, because my 9 year-old sister reads everything I write, and then goes and copies some of the ideas in her stories. Because of that, I don’t really touch some of the darker things that many young adult books cover. I will do it eventually, I just don’t want to be the annoying older sister who always says, “You wouldn’t understand, it’s too old for you.”😄

How are you liking The Chosen? I loved it.😁 It kinda just makes you fall in love with the greatest story all over again.

My story? Well…it’s mainly about this wizard (Thane) who is super hard, and hating on the outside, but wounded and hurting on the inside. His wizard father had been foolish, and kind of tyrannical, and because of it, Thane believes that wizardry is the cause of all the hurt and pain in his life…so he takes his revenge on it.

He becomes the Outrider, a hated outlaw.

And then there’s Wizard Jonathan, who’s loyal, and loving, and cheerful. Circumstances force him and Thane to work together to save the Middle Mountains. Through it all, Thane learns about love, and forgiveness, and redemption, as well as the truth that his father did care about him, and that wizardry is only a tool used for evil, not the evil its-self.

Also, I saw what you wrote about Texas, and I was wondering if you would call yourself a true Texan Patriot (however you put that😁). I live in Canada, but I’m an American, give-me-liberty-or-give-me-death, country girl at heart.😊

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

Kimmi
                @kimlikesart

@arindown

Cool. Your story sounds awesome.

A Texan patriot? Hmm. -A person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

Yes, I am willing to die for Texas and the United States if it somehow arose. I’m not going to join an agency, militia, or military though. (Did you know Texas is the only state with its own army? i.e. militia) Sooo, for a fun fact.

I have two or three friends from up north, and, well, let’s just say I can defend Texas quite well when someone makes a complaint. I’m not proud of our entire history, but what country rightfully can be?

Anyways,… (:

Jominkreesa

Arindown
                  @arindown

@kimlikesart

Ahhh…perfect. I love that you’re proud of your state. Of course, we can’t be proud of everything our country has done in the past (humans are humans, after all), but there are plenty of things to be proud of.

Personally, I think living in Canada has been a benefit to me as an American. Canadians (in general, from what I have seen) aren’t especially fond of being neighbours to the US, and they’re pretty sure that they know how the US aught to be run…which I think is hilarious. Of course, not all Canadians are like that, but the ones that are help me learn to stand up for my country.😆

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest