Hi from Texas!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi from Texas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @kimlikesart

Hello,

My name is Gracie. This is my first day to look around StoryEmbers. I love to write in several different genres at the moment, but Historical Fiction is definitely my favorite. I have one sister, a dog, and a rabbit. I’m home-schooled, and I enjoy reading, coloring, and playing strategy games. Great to be here!

Passion has little todo with euphoria and everything todo with patience.It means to be willing to suffer.

Arindown
      @arindown

@kimlikesart

Hello! Delighted to meet you!

I’m also a Gracie.😄 And I’m a writer, avid reader, artist, and home-schooled. Wow, seems like we might have a lot in common.

Historical Fiction is wonderful (even though I’m more of a fantasy person). What time periods do you enjoy most? What stories are you working on?

Anyway, welcome to Story Embers. It’s really fun.

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

WolverineRM
        @wolverinerm

@kimlikesart

*waves* Go Texas!!! 💙 and homeschoolers 😉

Hope you like what you see around here!

His-fic is the best. 🥰 I mostly write contemporary, but I absolutely love historical fiction, and I write short his-fic stories sometimes—I just can’t do a full novel of it… yet. 😉 What era do you like to write about?

I love rabbits ☺️ I don’t have mine anymore, but I loved him so much. I do have a golden retriever now, though, and I love him to bits. He’s the best dog.

STRATEGY GAMES!! *squeals* You mean board games? Which ones? I love Risk, Stratego, and Battleship… does Clue count? 😝 I’ve playing Risk for, like, eleven years, and I can finally win it now. 😅

Good to meet you!

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
          He just smiles and says, it’s the way that I was raised

Olivia Lyndaker
          @olivia

Hello, Gracie. 🙂

My name is Olivia, though I suppose that’s a little obvious. Lol.

I remember my first little while of being on SE, and I remember how confusing it all seemed at first. So if you have any trouble… 🙂  Hope you can figure it out soon, though!

That’s super cool that you like writing Historical Fiction, because I love reading it, but I’ve never written it myself. (Too much work, with all the research and all…) 😛 😉  I mainly write fiction and contemporary. I enjoy writing about little funny things that have happened in my life, partly so I can have a good record of the events for later, and just ’cause it’s fun. I wrote a story called A Fishy Tale, and it’s pretty funny, if I do say so myself. 😉 Not to brag, but the story itself is really funny.

I am a teenage homeschool kid (like just about everyone on here, lol) and I like to write (of course), read, play piano, listen to music, write songs, and dream about what I am gonna do when I’m older. I just about have my whole life planned. Lol. Not quite, but it’s fun thinking of all the options.

Anyway, welcome to the one and only… … … … Story Embers!!!!!!!! 😉

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
            -JRR Tolkien

Beth
            @beth20

@kimlikesart

So glad you joined!! I like playing strategy games also lol! I hope you will post one of your works here sometime!

Lions will rule forever!! (even if we didn’t win XD)

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
              ― Truman Capote
              Profile art by Arindown

Gracie
              @kimlikesart

@arindown,

Hi! Thanks for saying hello. What type of art do you like? Sketching, painting, or something else?

What time periods? Wow. I have five different books (from outlines to finished) spanning Bible times, but all in different Bible times. I also have one that’s set in California in the late 17oos. Another in the early 1800s, and another in the 1940s.  Basically, if I learn about a subject, and feel amazed or fascinated by it, I think, Man, someone should write a book in this period. Then my mind starts doing word plays in my mind of different people…When there are a enough I start a book. (:

Also I really like how all of you put a quote at the end of your replies.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by Gracie.
                • This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by Gracie.

Passion has little todo with euphoria and everything todo with patience.It means to be willing to suffer.

Gracie
                @kimlikesart

@wolverinerm,

Heyo! Thanks for saying hello! It’s made me more relaxed and not so tense about this.

I’m sorry about your bunny, but I’m sure he loved you! What’s your dog’s name? I love big dogs! I really like Risk, Chess, Battleship, and several card games too. Word games are also fun. What type of Fiction do you like to write in?

What time periods? Wow. I have five different books (from outlines to a finished one) spanning Bible times, but all in different Bible times. I also have one that’s set in California in the late 17oos. Another in the early 1800s, and another in the 1940s.  Basically, if I learn about a subject, and feel amazed or fascinated by it, I think, Man, someone should write a book in this period. Then my mind starts doing word plays in my mind of different characters…When there are a enough I start a book. (:

Gracie
                  @kimlikesart

@olivia,

Hi! Thank you for saying hello. Yes, it’s been confusing, but I’ll figure it out. (: ‘It is a gift from God to be able to make people laugh’. That’s so cool that you write about your own life experiences, and that you choose to make the mess-ups into comedy instead of tragedies. 🙂

I know what you mean about research. Some subjects and time periods I enjoy it a lot, other times I shy away from writing in a certain time period or place because of all the study I’d have to do.

What dreams do you have for your future? (If you want to share). That’s cool that you write songs!

Thanks for greeting me,

Gracie

Gracie
                    @kimlikesart

@beth20

One of my works?

Do you mean a Prologue or something like that, or a short story thing? I’m glad to be here!

Arindown
                      @arindown

@kimlikesart

Well…I’m mostly into pencil drawing, although I have done a bit of pastel. I’m really interested in digital art, but I haven’t tried it out yet. You said you like colouring…is that like colouring those intricate pictures they call Adult Coloring Books? I like doing that sometimes, if I can’t think of anything that takes less patience.😄

Wow, sounds like you’re quiet the writer. I’d love to write historical fiction, but I feel like I’m going to have to be serious about a project before researching all the background and stuff.

You’ve finished a book? Tell me about your Biblical time stories. I’d love to know.😊 A long time ago, my sister and I intended to write about a girl during Jesus’ life, but we never got around to it.😆

Also, they way to put a quote at the end of your posts is to go to your profile, and there’s a thing that says Forum Signature, and you just put your quote there. Hope that helps!😄

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

Beth
                        @beth20

@kimlikesart

Idk, something you’ve written lol! It could be anything really!

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
                          ― Truman Capote
                          Profile art by Arindown

emily-maynard
                          @emily-maynard

Hey Gracie! I’m pretty new around here, too. I love historical fiction! I’ve written some contemporary but historical fiction is definitely my favorite. It’s cool that you’ve written about several eras in the Bible – everyone just says “Bible times” but really it was written over thousands of years. I’m homeschooled too (what a surprise lol). What are your favorite books?

WolverineRM
                            @wolverinerm

@kimlikesart

Of course!! It took me a bit to get the hang of things here too, but everyone’s nice. 😉

His name is Thunder Canyon. 🥰 And yeah, he’s big, even for a retriever, but he’s so gentle.

I write contemporary war fiction–modern day military stories. 💙 It’s a niche I think needs filled, and I love it.

I love that!! It’s neat that you’re writing over so many eras. 👍🏻

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
                              He just smiles and says, it’s the way that I was raised

Eitan
                              @eitan

@kimlikesart

Hello Gracie! Welcome! Nice to meet you!

I love history, though I haven’t write a historical fiction yet (I had once an idea about a story that occurs in the late 4th century Balkans, but I’ve never finished anything beyond a rough outline of it).

The Biblical era is so interesting!

Okay, tell us about Texas. What’s interesting there? What do you do there? And how’s the weather?

How old are you?

What are your…

• favorite book in the Bible?
                                • favorite verse?
                                • favorite character – besides Jesus?

And one last question – I think it’s pretty stupid question, but English is not my native language so forgive me… How do I pronounce your name?

Olivia Lyndaker
                                @olivia

@kimlikesart

So sorry I didn’t respond till now! I saw this but kept forgetting to reply. Lol

Ya, it’s really fun writing the funny stories about my life, like one I wrote about how I accidentally killed my friend’s goldfish… Oh my, maybe I should put it on here so you can read it and laugh. xD  I’m gonna write one to put in for the short story contest, even though I really have no chance at winning it or anything. I want to write it anyway, and thought it’d be fun to submit it so whoever reads the entries can read it and have a good laugh. Maybe after I write it I’ll put it on here… But we’ll see. 😉

So what eras do you usually write in for HF?

Well, now that you asked what I want to do in the future… I’ll be honest with you. You might wish you hadn’t after I answer. 😉  Lol, I’m joking. I won’t tell you all the details. 🙂 And no, I don’t have it all planned either, I just like thinking of all the things I could do.

My first dream is to become a piano teacher, since I’m already about halfway there already. And it’s actually not that hard to become one for Royal Conservatory, other than taking the exams for the higher levels. Those are gonna be hard! *shudders at the thought*

Then I also want to get married and have a kids, around five or six, since I grew up with four older siblings and life was great. 😛 I’ll homeschool them, teach them piano (of course), and I also want to foster children as well. That’s what my family did, and it changed my life and the way I look at things majorly. And besides that, it also is good to do, since the kids need stable homes to live in. I also sorta want to be a missionary because I grew up as a Missionary Kid (MK) and it was the best life I would ever have wished for!!!!!! Well, might be a bit exaggerated, but I loved it, and I sorta want my kids to experience it as well. Not to mention I want to see what it’s like from the adult’s point of view.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
                                  -JRR Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest