fb

Hi everyone from a Tolkien girl

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi everyone from a Tolkien girl

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

Hi everyone!
    I joined Story Embers a few days ago, so I’m still trying to figure out how to use this all, but I hope that it helps me in my writing journey! I’m just going to introduce myself briefly, so here we go 😉
    I am a fourteen year old girl in Tennessee. I live on less then half and acre, so I go hiking a lot to get out in the woods and let my imagination go wild, (sometimes I can almost see elves in the woods, no not really, but almost!). I love God, and I don’t know what I would do without him! My wonderful family comes next, all seven of them, though I am the Middle Earth geek of the family.:) Then, come my friends who laugh, cry, and help me in my writing! I also go hunting and fishing very often, so that help me in my writing. I’m also a proverbial weapon expert, especially if it’s a dagger, spear, sword (love my swords), slingshot, javelin, bow and arrow, well you get the picture!!;)
    I am currently writing a story on an assassin, because I see the good in all story villains (only if they are lovable), especially if they have a sad past and are redeemable. Other then that I scribble on my laptop when I can about knights, evil lords enslaving people, and the least expected rising up to defend their kin and homeland.
    One of my favorite talents is learning different accents, (so far I have British, New Zealand, Australian, Scottish, Irish, Russian, German, but my favorite one is Scottish!) I learn different accents so I can act out scenes from any books I read, so I’m sure most of you will understand that part! 😉
    Some other things that I like to do are drawing (I do this all of the time), being the editor of a kid’s newspaper, and also being the editor of a magazine for girls. So, as you can see, I fit in writing when I can! I also dabble in film making and animating.
    Well, if you made it this far thanks for reading and I hope that this goes well!
    God bless!
    -BM

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hey there, welcome to SE!

Do you know your MBTI type?

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Grace
    @h-jones

Hi. 🙂 I’m new as well. What does BM stand for?

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@theswordinthebook Aiya Elda! *waves*

Eeep! Another Tolkien fan!! *claps happily* I take it you mostly write fantasy then? I really love that genre. *nods*

Heheh, you’ve learnt the Aussie accent? *grins* Fun times. I haven’t mastered that one yet, and I’m an Aussie… *shrugs*

Anyways. What are your main hobbies?

Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hi @theswordinthebook and welcome!!

I’m always glad to meet another Tolkien fan! *cheers*

Which of his books do you like the best? I’m reading a collection of his letters right now and its so interesting, but my favorite books of his are LOTR.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@elizabeth my MBTI type is ISTP. Thanks for asking me that because I have never taken the MBTI test before! 🙂

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@h-jones BM stands for my initials, (well, part of my initials).

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@j-a-penrose, yes I do love Tolkien! He was the one that got me into fantasy, though I can be picky about what kind of fantasy I read and write.
    My hobbies are drawing, reading, writing, painting, hiking, hunting, fishing, gardening, any sport (except golf), filming, animating, and photography. *Whew* That was a lot!

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@evelyn
    The Silmarillion, LotR, and The children of Hurin are my favorite Tolkien books!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

I have yet to read the Silmarillion and Children of Hurin but they are on my reading list!

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@evelyn they are so good!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@theswordinthebook

Welcome! I am relatively new as well, but found it not hard to get involved. This is a very nice place!

Tolkien is one of my favorite writers (I’ve read LOTR, the Hobbit, The The Silmarillion, and the Appendices of Return of the King. I would like to read The Children of Hurin, Beren and Luthien, and The Fall of Gondolin, which it not out yet.), as are Andrew Peterson, and N.D. Wilson. I also like The Night Gardener is also an excellent book. There are many more books, but I don’t have time for that right now.

You might call Martial Arts one of my hobbies, though hobby would be understating it, so I understand your love of weapons. My preference is a re-curve bow, though a hand and a half sword would suffice.

I run a blog called TheBookshelfStaircase.wordpress. com and am the fifth child out of seven. I am 15 (going on 16 in June).

I am not an artist, but dabble in it every now and then. I am not a photographer, but would be if I had a good camera. For now I am satisfied with writing. I play the Mountain Ocarina, but am just now learning how to read music.

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@theswordinthebook Ooooh, nice!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Grace
    @h-jones

@theswordinthebook Nice. : ) That is lovely. Very glad you’re here. I think it’s awesome that you like weapons.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest