fb

Hi everyone :D

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi everyone :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @literatureforthelight

Hi guys– I’m the Taiwanese-American-living-in-Taiwan “gh24682468999” teenager from Kingdom Pen. (Wisely, I chose a different username for Story Embers. Everyone tagging me in the future — you’re welcome.)

Also, my profile picture seems to be linked to my email, so that’s convenient.

A bit about me — I write realistic fiction and medieval-not-really-magical fantasy, and I love LotR as well as John Flanagan’s books.

I’m excited to be here, and even though I’m busy and have sadly been neglecting writer’s communities (as well as my actual writing, sometimes) due to schoolwork, I’m so glad for all the work all the staff has put into this awesome website!

See y’all around 🙂

Calvin '25 // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Hi, @literatureforthelight

I remember you. 🙂

What writing projects are you working on now?

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@literatureforthelight 😀 Hi… yeah. Thank you. That tag was good for my memory skills though

Have you read Ranger’s Apprentice? Which was your favorite book? I read them awhile ago, and remember really liking them, especially Will and the plots. I also read the first Brotherband book… I love how John Flanagan builds comradery between his characters

*nom, nom, nom*

Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara

@sam-kowal I’ve read Ranger’s Apprentice! I find so few who have… My favorite might be The Burning Bridge or maybe The Battle for Skandia.

Actually, for a friend’s birthday I wrote a short story called The Hibernian Plot, where her and I infiltrate a Hibernian castle along with Halt and Gilan. 😄

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@daeus Hey!! 😀 I’m working on two short pieces to submit to KP, and hopefully will get to a multiple POV retelling of Cinderella + Rapunzel. Personal projects are taking a little bit of a backseat, though, between blog posts and a writing class making me crank out random short pieces each week.

@sam-kowal
    Ahaha it’s great to know I created a bit of a mental challenge. 😛 And yes, I have read all of the Ranger’s Apprentice books several (bordering on too many) times. I like moments in each one of them, but The Emperor of Nihon-Ja is a pretty neat story that begins and wraps up all in one book, so that one might be my favorite.

I’ve also read Brotherband chronicles, except for the 7th book that came out recently (you should really finish the series) 😉 My favorite part about his books is the sarcasm and wit, and how it makes you think in some cases.

Calvin '25 // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@lady-iliara That sounds like a pretty cool story 😀 And yes, so few people read Ranger’s Apprentice. It’s a shame.

@daeus-lamb
    I got your tag wrong the first time 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest