fb

Hi Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Hi everyone. I’m soo excited to be joining a forum of fellow writers. I’m a young teen writer who always has her nose stuck in a book reading or a book she is writing. I’m currently working on the 1st (Actually the 4th in the series) Christian fiction romance novel.

"Courage is found in unlikely places." JRR Tolkien

Lona
    @lonathecat

@melancholicwriter

Hey there! Welcome to Story Embers!

Wow! 4 books already! I have more like 1/3 of a book written for 3 different books. But, hey, I guess that’s still 1 book if you add it all together! 🙂

Do you like to read Christian romance as well as write it? If so, do you have any recommendations?

Erynne
    @erynne

@melancholicwriter

Hi! I’m Erynne. Welcome to SE!

I’m in the process of writing a fantasy and plotting out a romance.

I was actually about to ask the same question as @lonathecat XD What are some of your favorite books and authors? (If the other question doesn’t answer that)

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Great minds think alike. XD

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

What I meant by 1st but 4th in the series is that it is my first book…but I found out when I started it that it was the 4th in the series

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Ya I do read Christian fiction…some of my favourite authors are Melanie Dickerson, Melody Carlson, and Robin Jones Gunn.

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

I also like Andrew Peterson and Frank Peretti, who is weird but good.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@melancholicwriter

Oh, I see! Still cool that your series has four books total.

Nice! I haven’t heard of them except for Andrew Peterson and Frank Peretti. I agree, he’s kind of weird sometimes, (ok maybe the whole time) but it’s really good. Which of his books have you read?

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

I’ve read This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness, The Oath, The Visitation, and The Prophet.

Lona
    @lonathecat

Do you have a favorite of those?

Arlet
    @legomaiego

Hi! I haven’t been on this forum in a little while, and am pleased to meet another Christian romance writer. 😀

The only familiar name I see on your list is Melanie Dickerson. I read four or five of her fairytale retellings before I couldn’t keep myself interested. She writes historical romance and YA as far as I recall. What do you enjoy about these authors you mentioned?

+ His mercy in your dark.

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Probably Piercing the Darkness and This Present Darkness

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

I like their writing…and they are authors that mom approves of

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@melancholicwriter

Hi, I’m Rose! Welcome to Story Embers!

I’m in the middle of a YA fantasy trilogy (Writing book 2 and editing book 1) set in a North-African-inspired setting. I’m having a lot of fun with it, especially my protagonist, Princess Liorah. She’s a lovely, sassy character to write XD

What’s your favorite part of your current WIP?

(Quick tip! If you’re replying to someone directly, it helps to tag them, as I did above.

It looks like this: @ username. You’ll see it below someone’s username, you can copy and paste that into your text while replying, then they’ll get a notification 😉 I know it’s kinda tricky to get used to how the forum works in the beginning 😉 )

Nice to meet you!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi! I’m not sure what my favourite part is…I’m having fun writing my main character but I’m not sure if she should continue on the path I put her on or if I should change it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest