fb

Hi Everyone

• This topic has 19 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Rose.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Hi everyone. I’m soo excited to be joining a forum of fellow writers. I’m a young teen writer who always has her nose stuck in a book reading or a book she is writing. I’m currently working on the 1st (Actually the 4th in the series) Christian fiction romance novel.

"Courage is found in unlikely places." JRR Tolkien

Lona
    @lonathecat

@melancholicwriter

Hey there! Welcome to Story Embers!

Wow! 4 books already! I have more like 1/3 of a book written for 3 different books. But, hey, I guess that’s still 1 book if you add it all together! 🙂

Do you like to read Christian romance as well as write it? If so, do you have any recommendations?

Erynne
    @erynne

@melancholicwriter

Hi! I’m Erynne. Welcome to SE!

I’m in the process of writing a fantasy and plotting out a romance.

I was actually about to ask the same question as @lonathecat XD What are some of your favorite books and authors? (If the other question doesn’t answer that)

Lona
    @lonathecat

@erynne

Great minds think alike. XD

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

What I meant by 1st but 4th in the series is that it is my first book…but I found out when I started it that it was the 4th in the series

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Ya I do read Christian fiction…some of my favourite authors are Melanie Dickerson, Melody Carlson, and Robin Jones Gunn.

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

I also like Andrew Peterson and Frank Peretti, who is weird but good.

Lona
    @lonathecat

@melancholicwriter

Oh, I see! Still cool that your series has four books total.

Nice! I haven’t heard of them except for Andrew Peterson and Frank Peretti. I agree, he’s kind of weird sometimes, (ok maybe the whole time) but it’s really good. Which of his books have you read?

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

I’ve read This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness, The Oath, The Visitation, and The Prophet.

Lona
    @lonathecat

Do you have a favorite of those?

Arlet
    @legomaiego

Hi! I haven’t been on this forum in a little while, and am pleased to meet another Christian romance writer. 😀

The only familiar name I see on your list is Melanie Dickerson. I read four or five of her fairytale retellings before I couldn’t keep myself interested. She writes historical romance and YA as far as I recall. What do you enjoy about these authors you mentioned?

+ His mercy in your dark.

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Probably Piercing the Darkness and This Present Darkness

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

I like their writing…and they are authors that mom approves of

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@melancholicwriter

Hi, I’m Rose! Welcome to Story Embers!

I’m in the middle of a YA fantasy trilogy (Writing book 2 and editing book 1) set in a North-African-inspired setting. I’m having a lot of fun with it, especially my protagonist, Princess Liorah. She’s a lovely, sassy character to write XD

What’s your favorite part of your current WIP?

(Quick tip! If you’re replying to someone directly, it helps to tag them, as I did above.

It looks like this: @ username. You’ll see it below someone’s username, you can copy and paste that into your text while replying, then they’ll get a notification 😉 I know it’s kinda tricky to get used to how the forum works in the beginning 😉 )

Nice to meet you!

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi! I’m not sure what my favourite part is…I’m having fun writing my main character but I’m not sure if she should continue on the path I put her on or if I should change it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest