Hi, everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Lona
    @lonathecat

@princessmk

Nice!

That sounds like a great plan to me!

That’s your username. 😀 People’s usernames are displayed in grey under their blue profile names. Since I put your username and then an “@” symbol in front of it, Story Embers tagged you, and sent you a message saying that I, Lona, mentioned you. It’s just a convenient way of letting people know that you replied to them. The box that has “Tags” under the text box is another way to tag people. You would type their usernames into the box to tag them.

Edit: At least I assume that’s what the tag box is. Tagging a more experienced Story Embers person to confirm that: @mischievous-thwapling

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Lona.
      Kaytelyn
      @princessmk

@lonathecat

I decided I would see if I had it figured out or not.

Thanks for the help.

Kaytelyn
        @princessmk

@mischievous-thwapling

I hadn’t even heard of these books until my younger sister requested them from the library. I was to busy requesting cookbooks and books on dogs.

My mom’s dog, Lily is fine. She had scabs on her neck for like two weeks afterwards and her neck was sore for a few days. The cats didn’t get hurt either we instead have a cat that is brave enough to attack the dogs for no reason at all except that the dogs aren’t cats.

Cool! I haven’t seen a rainbow in a while.

I have realized that if I write all of the main things down in a story without caring about if it is connected or not then I can go back and find a way to connect things, take out the dialogue that isn’t needed, and then figure out how to show and not tell.

You balance on them or you pretend that they are horses? I enjoy balancing on things. The harder it is the better, unless it is harder because a rock is loose.

Lona
          @lonathecat

@princessmk

Looks like you got it! 😀

Mischievous Thwapling
            @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

Haha, I’m actually not sure!! Here, I’m doing a test..

@princessmk

Yes, I only heard of them because of my schooling curriculum. 🙂

I’m glad that your mom’s dog is fine! I’ve had dogs that fought too. And that’s funny! I never heard of a cat that would do that 😀

Oh, that is a really good idea! I think I’ll try that.  I can want to just fix everything in the moment, but I’m learning, like you said, that one just has so write it all out then go over everything.

I balance on them 🙂 Yes, I like it when it’s hard, though yes, if a rock is loose I either don’t do it, or if it’s safe enough I’m just careful.

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Mischievous Thwapling
              @mischievous-thwapling

@lonathecat

Huh I think you might be right. I think you might put your tags in there, but I dunno.  Let me try something again.

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Mischievous Thwapling
                @mischievous-thwapling

One more try…

Mischievous Thwapling
                  @mischievous-thwapling

Here, let me tag somebody who might know, though I dunno.

@joelle-stone

Kinnan, terribly sorry, but do you happen to know what the Tag box does?

Kaytelyn
                    @princessmk

@mischievous-thwapling

Cool!

We have had a lot of cats before and somethings they tend to do are quite funny, lets see, my Dad had a cat that would purposely go after me and my other sisters just to here us scream or to trap us so that we had to call for help. Mr Rogers (the cat that goes after the dogs) will also attack us, anything that moves is in danger of being attacked.

Yeah, I am working on the first short story using that and it’s actually the first story that I have almost finished because I know that after I write it I will be fixing it so I am actually writing it and can hardly wait until it is done, unlike before when I would try to write something I would give up writing it because I couldn’t understand that with the first draft you just write.

When I was younger one of our neighbors had a stone wall that we would balance on. My grandma has a stone wall in her yard when we first would go on it all the stones where stuck in place (like 2 years ago) but now some of them are loose so we are extra careful and with some we just don’t go on because if we do we might end up falling in rose bushes!

Lona
                      @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

Well, experiments are fun. 😀

Gracie
                        @kimlikesart

@princessmk

I’m so sorry! I just saw your reply!

Tags… Do you mean how at the bottum of my post says, ‘Jominkreesa’, and ‘Passion means a willingness to suffer’? If sooooo, I don’t remember and will find out for you! (:

Have you figured out the site yet?

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Kaytelyn
                          @princessmk

@kimlikesart

It’s okay.

No it’s not, but I am wondering what that is and what is a forum signature? By tags I meant, when typing out this reply there is a small box below this that says “Tags:” and I am trying to figure out what that is for.

I think I have most of the site figured out. I have a few questions as far as what some of the groups are. But for now those questions can wait since I am still figuring out the fantasy group stuff. I think that is the main area I still need to figure out what everything is in it.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Kaytelyn.
                            Joelle Stone
                            @joelle-stone

@mischievous-thwapling,

Hi! Sorry for not getting back to you. Honestly, I’m not entirely sure. IDR which thread I saw this on (maybe the Details for our Collaborative Story thing that Mel did?), but I notice that my name was up above the Favorite|Subscribe button at the top right, along with a couple other peoples’. So maybe if you tag someone that’s what happens? IDK. 🙂

BTW, @princessmk, welcome to Story Embers!

:::::vanishes:::::

"I found not being able to use a pen or pencil as defeating as the loss of her beak would be to a hen."

Joelle Stone
                              @joelle-stone

:::::reappears:::::

Oh! Figured it out (I think). Thwapling, in our Cullings RP, look beneath the Favorite|Subscribe button and you’ll see that Wingiby was tagged. I think that’s what happens. And if you click on it, you can see all the forums that she was tagged at, not mentioned at. Does that make sense?

Anyway, really gone this time. 😉

:::::vanishes:::::

"I found not being able to use a pen or pencil as defeating as the loss of her beak would be to a hen."

Kaytelyn
                                @princessmk

@joelle-stone

Thank you. What does BTW stand for?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest