Hi, everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Kaytelyn
    @princessmk

Hi,

I am 14, love animals, especially horses. I enjoy reading, using watercolor pencils, writing poetry and fantasy, playing the piano (well more like the keyboard until we get a piano), and eventually I will be learning how to play the violin. I also like sewing and baking.

I am going to be getting a Golden Retriever puppy at the end of November beginning of December, and then once it is old enough it will be trained to be my service dog. We have two dogs and three cats.

I started writing poetry about 4 years ago and around two years after I started trying to write fantasy. The only story that I ever finished writing the first draft of was a fable for a contest and it never got submitted because I was having issues with figuring out the show, don’t tell and I still can’t figure it out.

I like reading books on dog breeds, books by Edward Eager, history and books with puzzles and riddles.

Lona
      @lonathecat

@princessmk

Hey, Kaytelyn! Welcome!

Your name is so pretty! I don’t think I’ve ever seen it spelled like that before.

Fantasy and poetry are my favorites too! Though, honestly I’m not that great at poetry, but I suppose no one can really be perfect at something, right?

That sounds exciting! Have you already decided on what you’ll name your dog?

I admire your bravery for entering a writing contest, even if the story was never submitted! That takes a lot of confidence. I barely have enough nerve to let my own brother read my writing haha.

Hope you’re having a great day. ๐Ÿ˜€

Kaytelyn
        @princessmk

Hi Lona,

Thank you! It’s the only way I have ever seen my name spelled I didn’t even know it could be spelled other ways.

I guess we are oppisites. I am better at poetry then fantasy, in fact I have never finished writing a fantasy story or even gotten very far in one but I have finished several poems before.

I am waiting to choose a name until I know what it’s personality is, I do have a list of names that I like somewhere.

I don’t let a lot of people see my writing either. I am always worried about what other people will think.ย  The only people who have seen my poems or hear my ideas for story’s are one of my older sisters and my younger sister, who both love writing as well. There has been only one poem that I have let my parents, brother and other sister’s hear and that was about my grandpa’s favorite colors, red, white and blue. I just wanted to know if my writing was terrible or if it is as good as my two sisters who love writing says it is.

I have looked at the poetry group and the fantasy group but I am not sure what they are totally for besides fantasy writers and poetry writers. Would you be able to help me with knowing what they are for? Like are they for getting help on writing things or what?

I like your profile picture.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kaytelyn.
          Gracie
          @kimlikesart

@princessmk

Hi Kaytelyn! (I really like how you spell your name.)

Welcome to StoryEmbers! I know stuff can be a bit crazy at first, so, if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask!

What do you write poetry about? Do you have any name ideas for the puppy? And, (if you don’t mind my asking,) what are you needing a service dog for?

(:

Again, welcome to StoryEmbers!

Gracie

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Mischievous Thwapling
            @mischievous-thwapling

@princessmk

Hey! Welcome! Do you know what’s funny?ย  You said you like Edward Eager books, and the moment I read that, I hadย just finished the first book I have read by him!! It was sooo good that I started and finished it in a couple of hours.ย  It was called: “Half Magic.” Have you read that one?

Aw, that’s so exciting that you’re getting a puppy!ย  I have *takes a deep breath* a dog, two tortoises, a rabbit, a gecko, and a snake!! I love animals ๐Ÿ˜›

I also love poetry and fantasy!ย  What are you working on along those lines right now, if you are?

Here’s three random questions ( @lonathecat knows I love random questions ๐Ÿ˜› ):

1. What makes you feel energized?

2. You’re at the beach. What’s the first thing you do?

3.If you joined the circus, what would your circus act be?

Nice meeting you!!

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Kaytelyn
              @princessmk

Hi Gracie,

Thanks! It is crazy, this is actually the first website that I have ever been lost on! Every other website I can figure out the first day, this one is taking me two days and I still am trying to figure everything out!

I am wondering what is the box below this that say’s Tags?

I mostly write poems on nature those are the ones that turn out the best, at least I think they turn out the best, the only other type is one about my Grandpa’s favorite colors, red, white and blue. I mostly have ones on storms and sunsets/sunrises though.

I have a list with names that I like, I am not sure where the list is though.

I don’t mind at all. I have autism and I hate being around people I don’t know, even if it is just relatives or a librarian, I especially don’t like talking to people I don’t know. The dog is supposed to help me be more comfortable around people I don’t really know.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kaytelyn.
                Kaytelyn
                @princessmk

Hi,

I have read “Half Magic” along with the other six books in the series. They are really good! What was your favorite part in the book? I am not sure what my favorite part is, I like a lot of parts in it. Out of all the books in this series “Half Magic” is my fourth favorite book. My first favorite is “Seven-Day Magic,” the other two books that I really like are “Magic or Not?” and “Magic by the Lake.”

This is the first puppy that I have ever had! I had an almost three year old dog, but he went after my Mom’s dogs neck and he kept trying to go after the cats so he now belongs to one of my cousins who works with dogs.ย  Cool! I thought before that it might be nice to have a rabbit, but it seems like it would be a lot more work then a dog, plus it’s not an animal that can go everywhere with me and be allowed inside.

I need to edit and revise a poem on a rainbow so that it makes better sense, and as far as fantasy I have been trying to figure out how to write a fantasy story idea that I have had since either last Summer or the Summer before last. I have kept trying to write it but it seems like the parts of the story aren’t connected, plus for some reason most of the stories I try to write end up being mostly dialog and that might be because it’s the only way I can connect things but either way it gets on my nerves, oh and when I tried to write stories they end up sounding silly.

The last two questions to me sound like they could be writing prompts.

For number one I am not totally sure. Sometimes being outside for a while well other times listening to music,

number two, the first thing I would do is go swimming,

and number three, probably riding horses well standing up and doing all those tricks. I used to pretend I was doing that but now it seems to me like it would be more on the dangerous side. The fun of pretending was I could do it on a stone wall, and pretend that the stone wall was the horses that I was using. I first made sure that I could balance on it well enough and walk across it really fast.

Lona
                  @lonathecat

@princessmk

Oh, ok. Well in any case I still like how it’s spelled. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fun! What are your poetry and fantasy mostly about? My poetry is mostly my rambling thoughts, so not always very pretty. It’s more of a mental processing method haha.

That makes sense. I have a list of names for pets somewhere, even though I’m not allowed to have one. But you know, if I did get one, I need to have a list of possible names, right?

I completely understand that! I joined Story Embers for pretty much the same reason. I hope we can build up each other’s confidences as well was each other’s writing skills. ๐Ÿ˜€

Well, from what I can tell, they are exactly what you said. Places for fantasy and poetry writers. More specifically, I think that they are for asking questions or getting help to poetry or fantasy-specific things. Like if you needed help with rhyme scheme, you could ask it in the poetry group, whereas if you had a grammar question, you could ask it in the general discussions. ๐Ÿ™‚

And thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€

Lona
                    @lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

Yesss. Team Random for the win. ๐Ÿ˜›

Kaytelyn
                      @princessmk

Hi Lona,

My poetry is mostly ones that have to do with nature. I have one on what my Grandpa’s favorite colors where, red, white, and blue and then I have some that have to do with water or storms and a few that have things to do with sunsets/sunrises. I also have one (it doesn’t quite sound right) that has to do with different things in nature.

My fantasy stories are on several things and right now they are just ideas. One has to do with an elevator that takes you to different lands. The land in this story though is one where water is frozen but animals can jump through it still and where it is winter and there is snow but yet the trees still have their leaves and it isn’t cold.

The other one that I have, is a girl who lives in an underwater world. (She is not a mermaid, their are mermaids in the story though.) She realizes that she is the only one that looks like herself. So in this story the girl must find the pieces to a sea weed key and put the key together, and then find a secret door out. Then she has to find her parents and eventually she loses the key after visiting the underwater world a few times and she never is able to go back again. I hope that makes sense.

That is true, I didn’t know if I would be able to get a dog this year but I decided well just in case I should have a list of names. Now I just have to find that list of names before I get my puppy.

I hope so to!

Thanks for answering my question on what those are totally for.

Your Welcome!

Lona
                        @lonathecat

@princessmk

Those sound great! Do you have a favorite between sunrises and sunsets? Personally, I like sunsets better. I’m always too tired to fully appreciate sunrises.

I think that makes sense. It seems a bit complicated, but I guess good stories and plots are never simple. If you ever want to post parts of the stories (or the whole thing! ๐Ÿ™‚ ) on Story Embers, I’d love to read them! The winter-land one sounds especially interesting.

I wish you luck in finding it! Even if you don’t find it though, I bet you could still come up with some excellent names.

No problem! Glad I could help. If there’s anything else you’re confused on, I’d be happy to try and clear things up.

Kaytelyn
                          @princessmk

Hi Lona,

I think I prefer sunsets. They are so pretty.

I am thinking after I finish writing a short story I will share it on here to get opinions on it.

Okay, thanks! I am wondering what is the blue thing that you put at the top of your posts and what is the box below this one that has the word Tags above it? Where at would I post the the stories or pieces of the stories? In the fantasy forum?

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Kaytelyn.
                            Sarahfi
                            @sarahfi

Hi, Kaytelyn @princessmk! Welcome!

Poetry is awesome. I’ve written some in the past, and I think that’s cool that you do too. I find it interesting that you wrote poetry first and then fantasy- most people go the other way around :).

I’m kind of brain dead tonight, otherwise I’d say more. Welcome, I hope I see you around!

Sarah

What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
                              -1 Corinthians 15:36b

Kaytelyn
                              @princessmk

Hi Sarah,

I didn’t know that as far as writing fantasy first and then poetry. I find that writing poetry is easier then writing a story. I think if I had started with fantasy first I probably would not of wanted to continue to write! I have more problems with writing story’s because I don’t get what it means to show don’t tell and know one seems to be able to explain it to me and then my stories have a tendency to sound silly and they are mostly dialogue. I have realized that it is easier to start out with a short story and plan out either the first half of or all of the story. Most of my stories sound better at the beginning and sound worse as the story progresses.

Mischievous Thwapling
                                @mischievous-thwapling

@princessmk

Woah! I didn’t know there are six books.ย  I’ll have to check those out.ย  My favorite part in “Half Magic” is probably when they go back into Medieval times and meet Sir Lancelot and everything.ย  And nice!ย  All those sound really interesting, and I’ll definitely read them ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh no!ย  Your mom or your cats didn’t get hurt, did they? Yes, rabbits are a lot of work.ย  Whenever people say they want one, I try to tell them they have to have the time and resources.ย  And yes, you probably couldn’t take a rabbit everywhere like you could with a dog ๐Ÿ˜›

That rainbow poem sounds super cool.ย  I actually just saw a rainbow the other day.

Funny, I have the opposite problem!ย  I don’t do enough dialog or it’s just all really short and terse.ย  But yes, I have the same problem where it feels like things don’t connect and it sounds silly.ย  It’s something I’m trying to work on ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, they do kinda sound like writing prompts, haha.ย  Your answers are really fun!ย  And I did (well maybe I should say do) the same things with stone walls ๐Ÿ˜›

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest