fb

Hi everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Elven
    @elven

Hi, everyone, I’m Nevi or @Elven and I’m so excited to be part of Story Embers! I like writing fantasy, worldbuilding, and binge-reading! I’m a homeschooled INTJ and a crafter.

Favorite Books and Series: (Not in order) A Wrinkle in Time, Lord of the Rings series, The Green Ember series, Broken Tides series, The Girl Who Could See.

My favorite movies/series:(Not in order) Lord of The Rings, Startrek: First Contact, Monk,

I can’t wait to meet you all!! What are your favorite books/ movies?

Courage is found in unlikely places.
    -J. R. R. Tolkien

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@elven Eeeeeeey another INTJ! *cough* Meaning, there are actually a number of you on here. Not that I’m one. I’m INFP. 😛

But hey, I’m homeschooled too! *high five* And I write fantasy. Just currently light fantasy–as in, imaginary world, but there’s not any magic. I might do that in a future story, though.

Oooooh. . . I’ll just start with, I’m a fan of the Wingfeather Saga. It’s hard for me to remember off the top of my head what my favorite books and movies are. Oh, right, this is random, but Twelve Angry Men is such a good movie. Manages to get you on the edge of your seat–when it takes place in almost solely one room and you don’t know the names of any of the characters until the very very end. SO good, so masterful. *sneeze* Now that’s said.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Ella
    @writergirl101

@elven

Hello, I’m Ella.  I love worldbuilding!!  There are no limits to the imagination!🙌

Oh boy, there’s a lot.  I love the Hunger Games, Divergent, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, The Anne of Green Gables series, The Silmarillion (this is the worldbuilding Bible 😜) by J.R.R. Tolkien, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and Andrew Peterson’s books.

Movies/series include:  Pride and Prejudice (of course), Lost in Space, The Parent Trap, Inception, A Quiet Place, Cinderella (new version 😍), Nacho Libre 😜🤣, 1917, and etc.

So, do you plan on being homeschooled all your life, or do you want to go to a school one day?  (I was homeschooled for about eight years, but I’m going to a classical Christian school this year.)  Homeschooling is really fun!  What are your favorite subjects?  Do you plan on posting any excerpts of your writing?  If so, tag me please. 😊  Great to meet you!

-Ella

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@elven

Looks like some others have already welcomed you, but I might as well say hi too.

Hi! *waves*

I’m also homeschooled, and I’m kinda a crafty person. More of a drawing person, I guess.

My favorite books are…

Fantasy: Wingfeather Saga (Andrew Peterson)

Historical Fiction: Rifles for Watie (Harold Keith)

And just fiction, I love Anne of Green Gables.

For movies, I’m a huge fan of Lord of the Rings, and Beyond the Mask.

Do you have any pets? Who is your favorite character of yours (if you can pick one😊)?

Not all those who wander are lost.

Elven
    @elven

@naiya-dyani

Hi Naiya!

Yay! There are?! That’s great that you are an INFP! My sister’s an ENFP.

I’m writing light fantasy too (Ooo thanks for the new phrase!)!!!!  What is yours about?

I really want to read Wing Feather Saga I just haven’t got to it yet.

Sorry if this was all really short INTJs aren’t known for writing really long:) *Wink*

-Elven

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Elven
    @elven

@writergirl101

Hi Ella!

So great to meet you!

Yes, world-building is soo much fun!!!

I really want to watch Pride and Prejudice but haven’t yet. I also LOVE the new Cinderella movie!!!!!!

I think I am going to be homeschooled all the way (Until college anyway!)

I think my favorite subject would be… art or writing. How about you?

I hope to put some of my writing on here soon I’ll definitely tag you! I’m working on a Fantasy novel. How about you?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Elven
    @elven

@arindown

Hi Arindown!

That’s so fun that you are crafty too! (I’m not really the drawing type, wish I was though!)But I really like papercrafts.

I really want to read the Wing Feather Saga!

I love Beyond the Mask too! (I have to add it to my list):)

I don’t’ have any pets. My favorite characters would most likely be…. (This is hard…) *Squinting while staring at the ceiling* I have a few: Picket (from the Green Ember) Pipa (from The Broken Tides series) and Legolas (from Lord Of the Rings). What are yours?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ella
    @writergirl101

@elven

My favorite subjects are 1) writing 2) lit. 3) math (sometimes). 😁

I’m working on a speculative fiction about a girl and her dog–actually, just go to my profile, it’s on there. 😉  I’ll tag you when I post the first chapter, if you want.  Could you go into more detail about your book, or are you keeping it secret for now?

You will LOVE Pride and Prejudice!  Both versions are good, but the Jennifer Ehle series is better.  Just saying.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

Sorry if this was all really short INTJs aren’t known for writing really long:) *Wink*

@elven
    Sorry I kinda laughed when I saw that. . . @toklaham-veruzia is also an INTJ and his manuscript is currently slated to be, like, 130k words. XD Though I’m assuming you meant message wise.

And yep, I was kind of surprised how many were on here! Several of them actually helped me out with my INTJ main character.

Oh boy. . . my story. Well, I recently had to come up with a very basic description for my website: it’s the story of a pragmatic girl handling her father’s death, a tender boy from a violent tribe battling the ghosts of his past, and the healing inside them as storms toss their bonding lives into chaos. I can give you more if you want, but that’s the basic gist. 😉

What’s your current WIP about?

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@elven

The Wingfeather Saga is the best (it’s my #1 series). You should totally read it.

My favourite characters??? Frodo’s story really spoke to me when I watched the movies (not so much in the books)…I think it’s because he’s so innocent and childish, and he looks like one of my good friends.😄 Kalmar in the Wingfeather Saga. I also love Éowyn, and of course, my own characters.😉

What do you like so much about Legolas? I mean, he’s super awesome and everything.

Tag me when you post some of your stories.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Elven
    @elven

@writergirl101

Wow, that sounds so cool! I read your synopsis and I can’t wait to read more! You left me wanting to know what happens!! Please do tag me when you put out the first chapter!

My book is a fantasy/mystery sort of thing about a girl named Daris in a world where people are half-bird half-human. (I really have to write a synopsis!) I haven’t really gotten that far in it yet, so still outlining it. (It’ll be coming soon!)

-Eleven

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Elven
    @elven

@naiya-dyani

Wow, *applause* My longest so far is 6,000 *Sheepish grin* 😉

That’s so cool that your main character is an INTJ! Mine is too!  Your story sounds really good!! I love the idea! Can’t wait to read it!!!

My current WIP is a fantasy/mystery sort of thing about a girl named Daris in a world where people are half-bird half-human. (I really have to write a synopsis!) I haven’t really gotten that far on it yet, so still outlining it. (It’ll be coming soon!)

-Elven

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Elven.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Elven.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Elven
    @elven

@arindown

Yes, I think most of the characters were developed in more depth in the movie. And if it’s the movie too then I would have to add Sam and Frodo to my list too!

I think I like Legolas because he is very dependable, calculated, and makes most scenes more interesting and exciting!

Yes, I would love to tag you! Thank you!

-Elven

-J. R. R. Tolkien

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@elven

Hi Nevi!  I’m Lily and I just joined up too!  I love medieval fantasy (The False Prince is one of my favorite series.  I also have to finish The Green Ember series:).  I come from a homeschooled family and also love to craft.  What are your favorite crafts?  Are you working on any summer projects?

Ps. Star Trek the Next Generation series and Insurrection are also my sci-fi favorites (Does Star Wars count too?) 😉

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

Elven
    @elven

@imwritehere1920

Hi Lilly! That’s so cool!

I really enjoy Medival Fantasy too!

I haven’t read the False Prince yet but I’ll add it to my to-read list.

Yay, you like crafting too!

I really like a lot of different crafts like painting, clay crafts, and papercrafts. What are your favorites?

I want to try clay charms and wall art during the summer! Do you have any summer projects?

Yay, I love Star Trek!  I haven’t watched all that much Star Wars but I think it counts! 😉

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest