fb

Hi everybody!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi everybody!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

xD

My pain tolerance is something I probably learned.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Hey @millennium-m ! So nice to meet you!!! πŸ˜€

I’m a ENFP, too!! And I’m so glad that there are extroverts in this forum-I love people to jabber with!

Hey, that is so cool that you’re working on a short story. Keep up the good work and I can’t wait to read it! I pretend I didn’t see that little crossed out word.

I have to say that my number one favorite thing to do is talk in accents. British and Italian are my favorite, and I can do a pretty good impersonation of Thenardier from Les Miserables, which really isn’t an admirable trait, come to think of it. I also love to sing and I agree with you about music. I’ve taken lessons for the piano but never really kept it up, I’m sorta learning the guitar, and I have a dream to learn the bagpipes. (yes, I know, I weird…but seriously, they are SO cool!) I’m also an animal lover. Currently, I have a puppy, the before mentioned cat, and a goldfish and I’m working on convincing my family that we need a goat and some rabbits and another dog. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I think a mouse would be cool too, a little cute, white one.

For my favorite books…hmmm…that is such a hard question, but here’s a list of some of them: Lord of the Rings-J.R.R Tolkien, Paris-Underground-Etta Shiber, Fierce Convictions-Karen Swallow Prior, Emma and Northhanger Abby-Jane Austin…and the list goes on and on. (Oh and I can’t forget Robin Hood!) I also have come to love reading some middle-grade novels, books by Jasper Fforde and Tricia Springstubb and others. They can be a nice break from deep reading, but still carry good and thought-provoking messages, if you know what I’m trying to say.

The genres I like to write in would probably have to be mostly historical fiction, fantasy, and other random things that I don’t know how to categorize.

@the-fledgling-artist

My sister actually told me about Story Embers, cause she knows I love to write.

@ericawordsmith

Thank you for coming out of your hobbit-hole and gracing me with your presence. It’s a pleasure to make you’re acquaintance. I suppose you don’t have a sign on your hobbit door reading “no admittance unless on party business”, because I would really love to get to know you.

And I love Anne of Green Gables, so I’m sure I’ll get along with you splendidly. πŸ˜€

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@millennium-m

I wanted to ask you: what are some of your favorite books? and what genre do you like to write in?

I forgot to mention that I love to draw…cartoons, animated characters, quirky, random stuff. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Lillian.Parks03
    @lillian-parks03

Hallo Eden, I’m Lillian, (as you can see) very introverted in public, (less so online, ad I tend to ramble when my fingers hit the keyboard sorry in advance) I’m a sci-fi, Marvel, DC, Sherlock, Percy Jackson, Star Wars, Merlin, Doctor Who, Ranger’s Apprentice, manga, classic literature, poetry, BBC, classic rock, tea, geometry, physics, and chemistry geek. (yeah I am I nerd…but most everyone on a writing site is so I’m sure you will get used to it.) And I just wanted to say welcome to Story Embers and I LOVE your picture! I hope you have a great time on here and you sound pretty cool. Also I love that you like cats I am very much a cat person!

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
    https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@eden-anderson

Let me just announce that I will adopt you as my smaller friend. I think it’s an awesome thing to want to learn the bagpipes! I’m a Scottish dancer, so I have much admiration for anyone who wishes to go within three metres of piper. πŸ˜› Usually people only complain about how noisy they are!

We also have very similar tastes in books! Dickens, Hugo and Tolkien are my three favourite authors! I love Les Miserables, book, movie and musical. I don’t like Austen, but I’ll spare you a rant.

I love historical fiction, it’s my absolute favourite genre. But the two novels I’m working on at the moment are actually dystopian (a trilogy of retellings, based onΒ Les Miserables, A Tale of Two Cities,Β andΒ The Scarlet Pimpernel)Β and my other standalone is a fantasy.

There’s no need to feel embarrassed that you haven’t completed any major works yet. Literally all of us here were, or still are, in that place! Though I personally have written a number of novels, I remember when I was first starting out and how helpful a site like Story Embers would have been. So I’m glad you’re here!

A little about me…I’m 18, I live in Australia (actually within a few hours of a town called Eden!), I like reading and writing, I love history…and weird things that most people don’t like. I think we shall get along just fine!

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@lillian.parks03

Hi, awesome to meet you!! I’m starting to realize that my fears were un-grounded, everybody here is so sweet and friendly. πŸ˜€ Thanks for the welcome!

You don’t need to apologize for talking a lot, I TOTALLY know the feeling! I can get really carried away when I start talking. And it’s funny, but even though I’m an extrovert, most of my friends are introverts. πŸ™‚

About my pic, I ADORE hedgehogs. πŸ¦”β€οΈπŸ¦” And I’m also a cat person. I love my cat, even though she is so weird! She had four kittens, but I had to give them all away. My favorite, who was the runt and whom I named Sam (after the awesome Samwise Gamgee), was the first one taken…and died not even a week later. I cried. 😒

Moving, on to lighter subjects. You’re picture is really cute. (Just thought I’d throw that in there.πŸ™‚)

And I’m sure I’m gonna have so much fun. I can’t wait to get in a guild.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Oh, sorry @lillian-parks03 I spelled that wrong.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@seekjustic

Hey! You’re from Australia!!! And you’re a Scottish dancer!!!! OH MY GOODNESS. When can I come visit you??

I’ve always wanted to visit Australia! It seems like such a cool place…well except for all the crazy poisonous creatures running around, but that aside, I’d still love to visit.

*takes on stern, British accent* Now, listen, Jane Austin is one of the greatest authors of all time. The stories she has to tell are just as important for us today as they were during her time. She…

Oh, never mind. I’m not very good at winning arguments, so I’m not even gonna try. Each to their own…if you don’t like Austin, fine. I mean, it’s not fine, but whatever.

😊

One question though: If you could sum up in one sentence why you don’t like her, what would that sentence be?

I’m so glad I found another history lover!!! Yay! *does a little happy dance with imaginary bagpipes* I got my love of history from my father, so all credit goes to him for my tastes in that area. If you have never read the biographies Fierce Convictions by Karen Swallow Prior and Paris-Underground by Etta Shiber, you totally should. They are awesome books. The first is about a little known eighteenth-century women, named Hannah More, who was an abolitionist, a poet, and a reformer. It’s an amazing read. And Paris-Underground is about two ladies who helped to save 150 English soldiers during the second world war. It’s also a really good read. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Way to go on the book, keep on writing. YOU GOT THIS, my Australian friend.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Good grief, what is my deal!! I cannot spell tonight

@seekjustice

Evelyn
    @evelyn

“Evelyn is kinda like my little sister, even though she really isn’t. Most of the time she is really sweet, except when she isn’t and gets really sarcastic.”

Well…Β @eden-anderson Great first impressions right???

And there I am getting all sarcastic. xD

Anyways…Β @eden-anderson MUK sounds absolutely adorable and sweet. If the kitty needs a home remember me okay? πŸ˜‰

And all of your favorite authors are ones I love and approve of. Which of Hugo’s books have you read? I’ve only read Les Mis. but I loved it! And which Charles Dickon’s book is your favorite? Mine is Bleak House… that was amazing!

And no need to apologize for being an extrovert! Except I’m a extrovert and well… I have a lot to apologize for. πŸ˜› (Though I’m not going to apologize for being sarcastic unless I really need to. As my “Koala Friend” ( You know who I’m talking about @wordsmith ) once said: “Sarcasm is a fruit of the spirit… he was off course being sarcastic. xD)

And just saying if you slink off to crochet or knit… bring me along! I promise I don’t bite… though @wordsmith might tell you I do. πŸ˜› But crotched is great! And lots of fun! (Especially making baby blankets πŸ™‚ They’re the best.) But then, Story Embers if great! And lots of fun! So don’t slink away, but bring your knitting needles and we can sit on a porch and cackle like a bunch of old elderly ladies, as my sister makes fun of my for looking like when I feel like enjoying the outside while finishing up my projects.

And now I’m ranting! πŸ˜›

So… hey and welcome!!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@evelyn

Yes I know who you’re talking about… XD

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@wordsmith πŸ™‚

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

So nice to meet you!!! Thanks for welcoming me. And seriously, @wordsmith has done nothing to damage your reputation. I am so sarcastic myself, that as soon as he said what he did about you I perked up and was like, “Really?! I need to meet her! Maybe here’s someone who will understand my sarcasm. ” So, in all honesty, it is a pleasure.

So, I know it’s really dumb, but I haven’t actually gotten around to reading any of Hugo’s works yet, but I love Les Mis. I’ve watched the movie, listened to the audio adaption and I’m hoping to read the book this year. And I haven’t read as much of Dickens as I would like, but I like David Copperfield. And I (everybody says I’m weird about this) but I like Great Expectations, bleak as it is. I have a habit of loving sad stories.

I don’t know how to crochet or knit, I just used that for examples sake. πŸ™‚ About Lucy, my cat, she is staying right where she is. It would break my heart to give her away, even though she is totally weird. I love her just the same.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Oh and @evelyn hope this doesn’t creep you out. But I found you’re website and when I looked at your art gallery, I totally fell in love with you’re style.

Do you love UP, too!!!!! I have a weakness for PIXAR films. And seriously, Winnie-the-Pooh. I LOVE Winnie-the-Pooh and A.A.Milne!!!

*contented sigh* I think I’ve found a friend.

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@eden-anderson

Any time, my friend, any time. My house is always open! And let me comfort you by saying that for every ten or so poisonous/dangerous creature, there is at least one cute one.

Such as the echidna. Since you like hedgehogs so much, you’ll probably like echidnas too.

It’s like a weird hedgehog πŸ˜€

One sentence? What? Okay, fine… *puts on glasses*

“When I read Miss Austen’s work I feel an intense amount of boredom, stemming from the fact that I have very little interest in the upper class or their woes and I find her writing style quite dry and unemotional.”

What’s your favourite historical period? Actually, because I’m nice and know how hard it is to choose these things, tell me aboutΒ several of your favourites! Personally, I’m fascinated by the French Revolution, Roman-Britain, WW1, the British monarchy over time, and the early colonisation of Australia, as well as the birth of flight.

I haven’t read either of those biographies but they sound amazing! I’ll keep an eye out for them. Have you ever heard of Nancy Wake? She was an Australian who worked with the French Resistance in WW2 and she’s very cool.

And you too, American friend.

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest