fb

Hi everybody!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi everybody!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Hi, guys, I’m Eden. I’m new (obviously) and…to be honest I don’t know a single soul in this whole forum…so this is kinda frightening. 😀

*takes deep breath*

Okay, so here’s some random information that you probably don’t want to hear and probably don’t have to time to read. But here goes anyway, just in case somebody stumbles across this and actually takes time to read it.

So, I’m a sixteen year old extrovert to hails from the backwoods of hick-infested, south-central Pennsylvania where I live with my family, my books, and my strange, but lovable MUK. (or Mentally Unstable Kitty.😛 ) I have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember. I’m a fan of the classic authors-Austin, Dickens, Tolkien, Hugo, (and all the rest of those awesome people). I also love history, so historical fiction, and biographies are right down my street. If I’m not reading or writing, then I enjoy drawing cartoons, using my camera to try and take semi-decent pictures, and buying more books.

At the time that I first learned about Story Embers, I was desperately struggling with my writing. I was frustrated with how bad I was and that I didn’t know how to fix it. I didn’t really have support, because nobody really knew about my writing. I desperately wanted to find some writing friends, people who could encourage me and criticize my work.

And then I discovered Story Embers and *boom!!!!* all my problems were solved!

Okay, not quite. I loved the articles and thought that this was a pretty cool place. Then I started stalking the forum and was slightly intimidated with all the people who were saying stuff like “working on my second novel” or “this is my short-story” or “this is the premise for my new novel”. I was sitting there thinking “okay, I’ll just let the good people do the writing and go learn to crochet.” *drops pencil and notebook in the trashcan and clutching the knitting needles, slinks under the bed*

But I put on my brave mask and signed up to join the forum.

So, here I am.

And putting all fears aside, I am super excited about finding this place and joining the forum!! I can’t wait to meet you all!

(Sorry that was so long…as an extrovert I love to talk and I can get somewhat long-winded. Apologies all around.)

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@eden-anderson

Hey there! 😀

It is great to meet you! I am a sixteen year old extrovert also! My posts do get long winded, and I really enjoy having quirky discussions with people.

The fact that you like Tolkien is amazing (I too am a fan)!

I’m from East Texas where rednecks thrive… though I am not one. Ya’ll is an amazing word (cross me on that). I also enjoy writing. Sci-fi or superhero is my favorite, though I will write fantasy as well.

I have a cat whose name is  Harvey. He’s sweet but mostly ignores us, and will sometimes lay down and swipe at me if he’s annoyed.

And yes, it is intimidating to jump in here, but I think you’ll find that it warms up pretty fast. The peeps here will be very welcoming, and I’ll even introduce you to a few:

@brandon-miller
    is my guild master, and usually nice. Sometimes the inner evil starts coming out and I just bop him on the head.

@evelyn
    is kinda like my little sister, even though she really isn’t. Most of the time she is really sweet, except when she isn’t and gets really sarcastic.

@ericawordsmith
    is my twin wordsmith, and has a hole she lives in. If you try to get her to come out of it she may tell you she is allergic to just about everything… If you offer her your handkerchief she will say it’s not good enough and she must have her own.

@anne-of-lothlorion is long-winded (like myself) so we get along really well. She, @skye, @ericawordsmith, and I filled up a thread (pages worth) with huge replies about chivalry and that field of discussion.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Hi @wordsmith. Nice to meet you!

You’re an extrovert…that’s really cool, cause it seems like most of the people on this forum say that their introverts, at least from what I’ve seen. 🙂

And I don’t know if my cat (Lucy) is actually mentally unstable, MUK is just as nickname we gave her because she acts so weird. Then again, most cats do.

What I really want is a hedgehog…but most unfortunately they arn’t legal in Pennsylvania.

I’ll be unpatriotic for a spit-second and say that for that reason I kinda wish I lived somewhere else. 🙂

Otherwise, PA is pretty awesome.

By the way, I love to travel and I’ve always wanted to visit Texas.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@eden-anderson

There are extroverts here… though it’s probably tipped to more introverts and extroverts. That being said, the introverts will still engage in conversation and are really sweet. For instance… @hope-ann is an introvert but will still talk in quite lengthy replies. Ask her about group hugs some day.

And MUK is a cute name, so long as you say it like Mook… And I don’t understand why hedgehogs are illegal there. Then again I live where guns are more of a common household item than clothes are.

I will join you in being unpatriotic for a split second… I have those moments often.

And I wish I got to travel more often. Road trips are the best!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@eden-anderson Welcome to Story Embers! I hope all the amazing writers lurking around here can help you out in your writing journey. 😀 Are you going to sign up for a guild?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@the-fledgling-artist

Hi! Yes, I did sign up to join a guild but I haven’t received a reply yet. I’m trying to be patient…though it’s rather difficult. 🙂

Anonymous

Welcome @eden-anderson, hey! Reads Eden’s post.

Don’t worry, I haven’t written any novels or books. But I am working on a short story to submit to Story Embers. It’s called The Immortal’s Curse.

Anyway…did I forget to introduce myself? Okay, I’m Millennium, Immortal. Uh oh. I just said it. Opps. That’s a huge secret…Nobody saw that!  Crosses out word.

Okay, I’m a wynged, Christan, bookworm, Star Wars fan (big time. I know a lot about Star Wars because my dad is an expert), animal lover, and I love music so much I’d go nuts without it…😐

So, what things do you like doing? What are your favorite books? What genres do you like writing in?

Sorry for talking so much, I’m a extrovert too! ENFP.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@eden-anderson  Oh yeah, I’m not a very patient person myself so I can relate. 😀 How did you discover  Story Embers?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith (he’s trying a new approach to getting me out of the hobbit hole [which at the time used to be the bubble of studying for CLEP American Government {and making the mistake of reading the 40-something percent pass rate and freaking out}]) BUT I’m out again.

And I just upfront have to say that your new picture is a lot more intimidating.

BUT, as I am the DAUGHTER of an EX-REDNECK from EAST TEXAS, I’m not exactly intimidated easily unless it’s CLEP College Mathematics, but I don’t want to remember that horrible situation. I felt like I had climbed Mt. Doom after passing that one.

@eden-anderson

I’m so sorry by welcoming you to the forum by my odd response to @wordsmith, but he seems to enjoy it. I’m an odd mixture of extrovert, German nobility, redneck and elf, but it all comes out looking like Anne of Green Gables, so I might come back with odd long-winded responses as well. I’m seventeen, homeschooled, and a HUGE fan of Tolkien (thus you have me and my friend Essa constantly speaking LOTR, Tolkien and some elvish phrases every time we’re together [which we were for every day for two weeks]).

To correct @wordsmith and his description of me:

I live in hobbit holes when I need to study so I can finish high school. They’re called CLEP tests, and they steal the joy from a writer’s life. I come and go oddly because I broke my laptop this year, and now use the family computer that stays plugged into a particular wall. I am allergic to a few things: unnatural chemicals that people put into everything to make it smell nice (shivers), mathematics (shudders), and the lack of high quality books (falls over).

And my handkerchief is special.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy this place, it’s fun and you can really get some good insights every now and again.

P.S. I am much less intimidating than this sounds, I am known for hugs, awkwardness, and laughing a lot.

P.S.S. And I really, really hate coffee and only drink tea.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Haha! That’s a silly picture of me 😀 so it really shouldn’t intimidate you. But living in East Texas I can tell you that I know how to intimidate East Texans… Let’s not go there now though.

But I am very glad you passed the CLEP!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Don’t worry, I’m not intimidated unless it involves a match of ninja, which I have a feeling I would not win. Although my friend Essa told me the last time I got into a match of ninja I looked like I was trying to kill my enemy. That’s what happens when you write too much and the guy you’re playing ninja with reminds you of your antagonist…

If it involves a round piece of lead and a metal contraption that fires it, I’m looking forward to the day that I can get my CHL. Although, I must say I’m more worried about somebody trying to get rid of the second amendment than people carrying. #girlwhogrowsupwithagunlovin’dad

Thank you, me too!!! I cannot wait to run out of hobbit holes…

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Haha! Ninja is really annoying, and I am not naturally good at it. So you might stand a chance.

(Agreed)

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

I love that game, although I’m heavy handed with a high pain tolerance, so I make sure to warn people that I’m not mean beforehand… I couldn’t believe how intense that round got, my brain entirely focused on one thing: This is life or death. That’s what writing does to a person… So it might actually be a frightening event.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

I’m more light handed, with a high pain tolerance… I tend not to want to hurt people.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Somehow I missed that one… One friend has told me I am not aware of my own strength while we were giving each other hand massages. I come from a family who either has LOW pain tolerance or HIGH pain tolerance, and I’m on the high end and subconsciously assume that everybody else is the same way…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest