fb

Hi! Can I join in the fun here?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi! Can I join in the fun here?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Hi. I’m Kari. (well, not really. She’s a character in my book, but who cares?) I love Star Wars. I like to sketch and play the piano. I only write fantasy. I really, really like to read. I’m insane at least half the time and an evil mastermind the other half. -laughs maniacally- -starts listening to the imperial march- Anyway, I’m really excited to be on Story Embers. Ignore the maniacal laughing, I do that sometimes, but normally I’m quite nice.

"You can dance with my henchman."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@kari-karast Yay another artist! Welcome to Story Embers! What kinds of things do you like to draw? Oh, and what is your current WIP about? (work in progress.)

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Anonymous

Welcome @kari-karast!

I’m Millennium, or Emily.

I’m a Star Wars fan too! I’ve seen I, II, IV, V, VI, and I’m geeking out because my dad finally let me watch VII! We’re halfway through it, he likes leaving us on cliffhangers, so we have to finish it tonight… (When I say us, I mean me and my brother.)

I also write fantasy. But I also write in Si-Fi as well. I’m a bookworm too.

That’s it for now…see ya in the skies!

Spreads wings 

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist

I mostly sketch people from my books. Ummmm. I have a lot of books in progress. -counts on fingers- I have 4 different story lines going. The one I most recently started is about twins who are on the run because of some family secret. They weren’t told the secret so they have no idea what’s going on. Their parents went missing when they went into hiding so they’re trying to find them. Oh, and did I mention the war that’s also happening? It’s very complicated but that’s the short version. It’s going to be a series called Ash Fall.

@millenium-m

I’m glad you get to watch the 7th Star Wars. The 2nd one is my favorite, what’s your’s? Which books do you like? I have a lot. I’m currently reading a series called the New Jedi Order. It’s in the Star Wars expanded universe. It’s what happened after episode 6, at least, it’s what happened until they made the new Star Wars movies. So, now it never actually happened and it’s not in the official canon anymore.          -sighs- The Star Wars expanded universe is so much better than the new movies.

Anonymous

@kari-karast,

My favorite Star Wars movie is probably The Emperor Strikes Back.

I haven’t read any Star Wars books but I have read a few Star Wars guides.

My favorite book series is The Wormling.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@millennium-m

I’ve never heard of the wormling. I’ll have to check that out. What’s your current WIP?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Hey @kari-karast …Ferdinand (the hedgehog) and I are just popping into to say hello!! 😀😀 I’m fairly new here myself, but it’s been awesome so far!!

I LOVE to read, too. What are some of you favorite books? My list is super long, The Scarlett Pimpernel, The Lord of the Rings, and Emma are some of my favorites. (I obviously love classics!)

Oh, BTW, if you haven’t signed up to join a guild yet, you really should!😀

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Welcome to Story Embers, @kari-karast!! 😀 I, too, like Star Wars, but don’t call me a fanatic because I’ve only watched episodes 4-8 once a long time ago. 😛 It’s still cool.

Do you know your Myerrs-Briggs type?

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

I also like Lord of the rings. Let’s see… I like Star Wars books, Narnia, and these 3 series that go together, The Oracles of Fire, Dragons in our Midst and Children of the Bard. And yes, I have signed up for a guild.

@dekreel

<p style=”text-align: left;”>No, I don’t know my Meyerrs Briggs type. I really should find out though.</p>

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@kari-karast Cool! My characters are my favorite to draw too. :3 You should show us your art sometime! There are plenty of art related threads scattered around. Like the “Artists of SE” thread, or the “character art exchange” thread. ^-^ Or you could even post in the gallery if you wanted to!
    Your story sounds really cool! I love mysterious stories.
    How long have you been into sketching?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist

I’ve been sketching for… I’m not sure. Years? Maybe I’ll post some art. I don’t know if I will though. I’d have to take a picture of it and the clarity would probably be pretty horrible.

Anonymous

What’s your current WIP?

A short story called The Immortal’s Curse. 

I hope to submit it to Story Embers in December.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@kari-karast Oh, well that’s okay! What ever you’re comfortable with. 😉
    What’s your favorite part of writing?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Hmmm. That’s a hard question. Probably making up the stories and characters. And seeing it all come to life when I write it down.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist

Sorry. I forgot to @ you on the above post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.