fb

Hi! (And yes, I am procrastinating)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hi! (And yes, I am procrastinating)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

Hi, Everybody! My name is Kylie, or @bookcrazygirl. I have hit a snag in my story, so i thought, why not join the Story Embers Forum that I have been reading (read stalking) A Few facts about me is that i loooooove to read, mostly Harry Potter, and Percy Jackson, and Ally Carter, and Keeper of the Lost Cities, and, well, you get the idea) I also love to write, and I am writing a story right now (or trying to). I’m looking forward to meeting all of you!

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@bookcrazygirl

Kylie, welcome! I am Wordsmith, a fellow writer. What kind of story are you writing?

I write mostly short stories, but have written one novella and have a current WIP (which is moving very slowly).

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

@wordsmith I think i am writing a fantasy novel, but I am not completely sure. πŸ™‚

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@bookcrazygirl

Okay!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Do you have any particular questions about writing stuff (or SE navigation for that matter), or that kind of thing?

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

@wordsmithΒ  Well, I am having a hard time with my characters.

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

Hi @bookcrazygirl! My name is Rae and welcome!

I also love to read. A couple of my favorites are Harry Potter and The Door Within.

I have one WIP and I am hoping it will stay a medieval fantasy.

What is your WIP about?

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Greetings @bookcrazygirl !! Welcome to SE. πŸ™‚

I like to read and write. I love to dance and hang out with friends too. I’m a freshman in highschool.

What are you favorite things to study? What do you like to do in your spare time?

Welcome again! I’m glad to meet you! πŸ™‚

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

@raemarie My WIP is about the power of stars and preventing the end of the world….maybe, depending on what my characters decide to do. πŸ˜‰

@evelyn
    I am also a freshman in high school! πŸ™‚ I love to study early civilizations, like the Greeks, Egyptians, and the Romans. I also love math and science. I like to read, write, and hang out with my friends in my spare time. I also like to bake. πŸ™‚

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@bookcrazygirl Baking is so much fun! I love to make homemade bread, though I don’t get the opportunity much, and I also like to bake muffins. What about you?

Also, if I may ask, does the symbol in your profile picture stand for something?

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

@evelyn Mostly I like to bake cake and cupcakes. Chocolate cake and a peanut butter chocolate cookie is my specialty. πŸ˜‰ And yes, the picture does stand for something. It is the Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Hunger Games symbol all mushed together. Those are some of my favorite books. πŸ™‚

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@bookcrazygirl

The Hunger Games is an interesting series… I have a lot of mixed feelings about it, and would love to hear your perspective on it. Though if you don’t want to go there (as it is one of your favorites) I shall hold my peace. πŸ™‚

Also… as to your character problems. What kinds of problems are you having?

Libby
    @libby

@bookcrazygirl Hi Kylie,

It’s wonderful to meet you!Β  I’m so glad you’ve joined!

I love to read, too – books are such amazing treasures.Β  And writing is something that I love as well, mostly poetry, although I am struggling along with a story, too.

Pardon me for sneaking into your conversation with Evelyn, but I noticed you said you liked to cook.Β  That’s awesome –Β I have recently begun to take an interest in cooking, myself!Β  What are your favorite things to make?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@bookcrazygirl I see! I’ve have yet to read/watch any of those series and when I talked to different people about then I usually hear such differing opinions. We’ll see if I ever do end up reading/watching them. πŸ™‚

What are you favorite movies?

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@bookcrazygirl Wow. I definitely would love to read it once you finish! I am working on a fantasy novel with an allegory twist……kinda. If I can’t get everyone to cooperate. πŸ™‚

I love your profile pic, btw.

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.